Author Topic: Racing your horses at the Meadowlands  (Read 1574 times)

toothman and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Trigger

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 12930
Re: Racing your horses at the Meadowlands
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2026, 03:51:22 PM »
Absolutely a great location. Look what happened when The Meadowlands opened in September of 1976. Harness Racing in NY was decimated and has never recovered.

When I said "this year" I was thinking 2027, I changed it but you're too fast a gun  ngc3

MIKE CAMPBELL

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2814
Re: Racing your horses at the Meadowlands
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2026, 04:14:55 PM »
When I said "this year" I was thinking 2027, I changed it but you're too fast a gun  ngc3
My wife has also told me on numerous occasions that I am too fast of a gun.

JT

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3765
Re: Racing your horses at the Meadowlands
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2026, 04:16:23 PM »
My wife has also told me on numerous occasions that I am too fast of a gun.
ngc3

Trigger

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 12930
Re: Racing your horses at the Meadowlands
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2026, 04:19:51 PM »
ngc3

 ngc3

MC's just a WHAM!  tmbz1 no bam no thank you maam  ngc3

He's a busy man, horseman, plop mongoloid wrangler!  ;D

Dingus

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1640
Re: Racing your horses at the Meadowlands
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2026, 04:23:23 PM »
Well, they have plenty of room to build a large casino, that’s for sure.
Huge parking area there.

MIKE CAMPBELL

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2814
Re: Racing your horses at the Meadowlands
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2026, 04:23:44 PM »
ngc3

MC's just a WHAM!  tmbz1 no bam no thank you maam  ngc3

He's a busy man, horseman, plop mongoloid wrangler!  ;D
ngc3 I love "The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust". One of the best records EVER!

Trigger

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 12930
Re: Racing your horses at the Meadowlands
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2026, 04:33:23 PM »
ngc3 I love "The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust". One of the best records EVER!

 tmbz1

Awesome, hear it no less than once a day on the 70-80's favorites channel...  tmbz1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na8xgu-KLAk&xstg=CAMSEBUJ_b-oH-PhF0yjBgavkzY%3D

MIKE CAMPBELL

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2814
Re: Racing your horses at the Meadowlands
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2026, 04:51:14 PM »
tmbz1

Awesome, hear it no less than once a day on the 70-80's favorites channel...  tmbz1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na8xgu-KLAk&xstg=CAMSEBUJ_b-oH-PhF0yjBgavkzY%3D
Fucking awesome video.  tmbz1 tmbz1

seen2much

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3005
Re: Racing your horses at the Meadowlands
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2026, 07:06:39 PM »
I don't mind Gural charging fees. Many of the millionaires benefit from his stakes program. Why should Jeff foot the bill for everything?

Trigger

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 12930
Re: Racing your horses at the Meadowlands
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2026, 07:28:36 PM »
I don't mind Gural charging fees. Many of the millionaires benefit from his stakes program. Why should Jeff foot the bill for everything?

Jealous anti hick inbred failure horsemen and questionable talent in their stable....otherwi se no one cares, they do or don't do it.

rainman2

  • Living Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 27286
Re: Racing your horses at the Meadowlands
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2026, 08:21:09 PM »
Let me put my 2 cents on this!

Some horses can't race on a smaller track!

Purse money better than most tracks but you better have a fast horse!

Top drivers in the past but not so today!

Freehold north still has better horses than Hoosier park!

Horseplop isn’t a popularity contest!!

Onthefront11

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 600
Re: Racing your horses at the Meadowlands
« Reply #26 on: Today at 10:11:59 PM »
I always thought it would be an honor to race there but it's become a joke.  They just let too many bad apples in. 

MIKE CAMPBELL

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2814
Re: Racing your horses at the Meadowlands
« Reply #27 on: Today at 10:18:49 PM »
I always thought it would be an honor to race there but it's become a joke.  They just let too many bad apples in.
There were always bad apples at The Meadowlands. It wasn't known like it is today because there wasn't social media.

toothman

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1420
Re: Racing your horses at the Meadowlands
« Reply #28 on: Today at 10:28:34 PM »
There were always bad apples at The Meadowlands. It wasn't known like it is today because there wasn't social media.

True. Unless you were on the backstretch or actual friends with people, everything was spread by word of mouth.
So for me, who has been mostly outside the circle, PLOP gave me a peek behind the curtain.
And now look how contaminated it is.
Both the sport and PLOP
And yeah, I know that no one is twisting my arm, but still a shame nevertheless...
« Last Edit: Today at 11:06:07 PM by toothman »

rainman2

  • Living Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 27286
Re: Racing your horses at the Meadowlands
« Reply #29 on: Today at 10:51:07 PM »
Years ago it was Brennan and Morrill!

Can't wait to see who people think are the 'bad apples' today!
Horseplop isn’t a popularity contest!!

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Trigger: <----  ngc3
    Today at 09:49:22 PM
  • G: Sweet: Ant would wish your daughters raped by a bunch of niggers then set on fire...I miss him so much!   ngc3  Sweet: Where's MikeAnt when you need him  ngc3
    Today at 08:38:09 PM
  • Trigger: Calhoun, genius shows you how to make $$$ after the race  ngc3
    Today at 11:16:20 AM
  • Calhoun: An 8-horse $2 parlay of 3/5 winners = $ 85.  Of 4/5 winners = $4/5 winners = $108... Remarkable. $$$
    Today at 11:00:16 AM
  • Dingus: I’m impressed
    Today at 09:50:46 AM
  • JT: You da man bello ;D
    October 04, 2026, 09:47:47 PM
  • dougie: Nice job BELLO!!!!!
    October 04, 2026, 09:31:49 PM
  • Trigger: You and genius are now a page 3 story, Bello SWEPT THE FIRST 8 Races at Northfield  62za.clp 62za.clp 86z.st 62za.clp 62za.clp
    October 04, 2026, 09:29:39 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal