Author Topic: The Case for CASE!  (Read 5296 times)

wizardofoz

• Open / FFA
The Case for CASE!
« on: March 17, 2023, 12:08:47 AM »
https://v.fastcdn.co/u/1361f4ff/63764947-0-harness-newsletter-3.pdf         "That there was some rust for Case to wash off in 2021 was understandable and it was hardly a shock that he led all drivers in Maine in terms of wins in 2022. The 166 victories earned him the Driver of the Year award from the Maine Harness Horsemen’s Association."
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 12:11:18 AM by wizardofoz »

hot2trot

• Top Claimer
Re: The Case for CASE!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2023, 12:12:34 AM »
case is the best

Bernie Madoff

• Elite
  • In the beginning, man created"god".
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2023, 01:16:23 AM »
 tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1
He who laughs last, laughs best.

Wawajones

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2023, 02:01:21 AM »
Maybe the greatest driver all time!

Yonkers1A

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2023, 07:52:30 AM »
Maybe the greatest driver all time!

Undoubtedly

panhunter

• 4 claimer
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2023, 08:51:43 AM »
I saw Casey when he was still driving at Northfield. Imagine what his numbers would be if not for his unfortunate troubles.
It's time to forgive and move on, he paid his dues, he should be able to get a license anywhere. Remember "Who among use will throw the first stone".

Open bridle

• Open / FFA
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2023, 09:06:38 AM »
I watch Case in the late 90's at Northfield. He could win with any type of horse good or bad. He was also penalize a lot for kicking horses to make them go. But for sure one of the best I've ever seen when he was sober.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 09:54:40 AM by Open bridle »

Emperor Dapple

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2023, 09:14:49 AM »
Remember "Who among use will throw the first stone".

[/quote]

Forget stones.. Maybe some knives

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2023, 09:20:41 AM »
Case's rejection by every state commission has little to do with his past and more to due with his current lifestyle. Case was addicted to drugs and alcohol. Every commision demanded a plan and path for his sobriety and Case would not cooperate.
 Hopefully he has his demons in check but, only he knows for sure.

ferdinand the bull

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2023, 09:46:02 AM »
Case's rejection by every state commission has little to do with his past and more to due with his current lifestyle. Case was addicted to drugs and alcohol. Every commision demanded a plan and path for his sobriety and Case would not cooperate.
 Hopefully he has his demons in check but, only he knows for sure.
Took chances and made moves other drives wouldn't,  won a lot if races. Would he have drove as well or as brave if not coked up, same goes for drivers today. There's skill and ability to react as a race unfolds and then there's driving with a nose red like Rudolph or skin like a teenager with acne. Who's real talent and who's riding the snow drift?

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2023, 10:33:08 AM »
I always had the same thoughts. But Case was a fenom from the get. The poor guy was self medicating his pain and demons for a long time. But, like every other human ATM, Case was coddled and protected by the very same people who turned their back on him. He was a great guy while he was making you rich or saving your dying race program. Managers went so far as to pay his fines to keep the Case laying a golden egg.
 Yonkers made so many excuses for the guy until the risk of covering for him got to greater than the rewards. Same thing at Northfield.
 Not that Case was not fully responsible for himself. Hell, here is a guy making a couple hundred a year and could not raise bail money.
 Good luck to one of harness racings greatest drivers ever. May you find some peace and happiness.   

ferdinand the bull

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2023, 10:59:53 AM »
I always had the same thoughts. But Case was a fenom from the get. The poor guy was self medicating his pain and demons for a long time. But, like every other human ATM, Case was coddled and protected by the very same people who turned their back on him. He was a great guy while he was making you rich or saving your dying race program. Managers went so far as to pay his fines to keep the Case laying a golden egg.
 Yonkers made so many excuses for the guy until the risk of covering for him got to greater than the rewards. Same thing at Northfield.
 Not that Case was not fully responsible for himself. Hell, here is a guy making a couple hundred a year and could not raise bail money.
 Good luck to one of harness racings greatest drivers ever. May you find some peace and happiness.
Well said,  the lifestyle contributes as well, night work , night life, sleeping in , money flowing in easily with relatively little expenses

rock old school

• 4 claimer
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2023, 03:17:58 PM »
I remember that in 1998 it was unreal 2993 starts --1077 wins and that was basically 99% at one track.
No driving to other tracks racing in 20 races a day 7 days a week just 5 days a week maybe 11-12 races a night that was it amazing just in itself.
He made horses that couldn't lift a hoof or go forward win it didn't matter what hole they had one of the best..

Superfecta

• Elite
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2023, 03:56:20 PM »
The most amazing statistic is Walter winning at about 29% and taking a lot of Andrew's $1000 hand outs to stiff and support his drug habit.

bond

• Elite
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2023, 05:03:41 PM »
Perfectly sums it up.
When Case first used the bent shaft-I was at Yonkers with my Dad-I was I think about 8YO-but I loved Harness Racing and Case drove a horse for my dads friend. Well it left out of the wings like a Cheetah(like the bike) and Case was lying horizontal in the bike. The horse jiggy jogged and took about 3 seconds off its last race time. Case I believe was responsible for the banning of that bike--because no-one could come close to beating Case-with his ability to get a horse to leave and that bike-which lifted up the front end especially with Case lying horizontal.
Case was and always will be the best driver at Yonkers--ever.
I hope also he looks after himself and can return to a better life.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Calhoun: Diddy say All's Good.  I'm happy this brother set free
    March 27, 2024, 11:57:59 AM
  • Unclejerry: Dr, Poopenstein was really P.Diddy
    March 27, 2024, 10:08:00 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: P. Diddle aint coming back here EVER!
    March 27, 2024, 07:54:44 AM
  • Calhoun: Damn.. P Diddy on the run .. That young puzzy be costing him.
    March 26, 2024, 08:08:38 AM
  • Calhoun: Closing Day .. Red Mile Quarter Horse
    March 26, 2024, 08:07:25 AM
  • Mazola: ngc3
    March 25, 2024, 10:00:52 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: thet're sisters
    March 25, 2024, 09:04:44 PM
  • Mazola: I heard that he is somehow related to Blutarsky but I can't believe that.
    March 25, 2024, 07:31:04 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal