Author Topic: ONLY FILLY TO WIN THE hambo on auction at ONGAIT?  (Read 34811 times)

slivercharm

• Elite
Re: ONLY FILLY TO WIN THE hambo on auction at ONGAIT?
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2019, 08:26:34 PM »
What’s on fair commission?

They gotta wave it or else the owners are nuts
gonna start a syndicate betting balmoral, who wants to invest?

Pacers69

• Top Claimer
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2019, 08:54:56 PM »
Rick zeron just lost all his owners on that write up I read

Jazzman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2019, 09:02:03 PM »
i think its just a scam to get around suspension

Jctoronto

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2019, 09:38:13 PM »
Scotty must be proud..or worried.

HEY BKN HEADPOLE
..whats this about Ricks offshore account...whats the scoop?  And how do you know?   

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

• Open / FFA
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2019, 10:32:40 PM »

Rick would have gone ZORRO on Tony if he tried to stop him!!  73cv.2 73cv.2  (He used to do that shit in the winners circle with his whip.  I don't know if he still does it)

Hey, Howie, how do you NOT go and get a court order to get the mare moved?  Did Rickie have management control over and above his 5%?  Or how do you not ask the stewards to set an immediate hearing and get her back?  Please let the plopsters on this worthless forum know.  Shalom.

In front

• Stakes Horse
I am not Jerry Clark and I have no affiliation with in front racing

Brkn Headpole

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2019, 11:17:06 PM »
Great read, thanks Rabbit

I was being facetious. Would Hughie do anything to upset the applecart?

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2019, 12:16:56 AM »
Believe Ongait is 3% and why wave it? There have been many of partner disputes and when they run them through Harrisburg or Lexington with fees to the sale, catalog, and consignment. So if they buy the horse back they only payout the 5% to Zeron and 3% to Ongait. Horse goes for 1.5m they lose 45k off the top. If they truly believe in the horse it's a no brainer putting the horse on Ongait. The 5% owner values the horse at 4m. Other owners say pound sand we will find the value. If things get nutty and horse goes way over value then owners walk away with a lot of cash. In a no lose situation and we see this every year when owners can't agree.

shuffledagain

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2019, 01:18:35 AM »
taylor,

IMO a historically bad drive by Ake on Six Pack in the Hambo Elimination got Atlanta the win in the final. Terrific filly, but I’m of the opinion that Six Pack was, and is the better racehorse. And the only thing that beat him was Ake’s drive.

Does the best horse win the Hambo every year?  Of course not. History is full of upsets on the track for a variety of reasons too numerous to count. Some are because a horse doesn’t perform well that day. Some are because a horse gets a great drive/trip, etc, etc.  But never have I witnessed, IMO, such a buffoonery driving job on the M/L favorite to win the Hambo. Perhaps you can point me to a worse drive on a favorite to win the Hambo. I’d be interested in seeing it. And I’d suggest an asterisk on that one too, but I’d be surprised if one can find a drive that bad.

Not many comparisons as to which horse may have been better, but I’ll rest my opinion on this one:

Kentucky Futurity Final : Six Pack 54.4 to the half, 54.2 last half, third quarter in 26.3, last quarter in 27.4. Final time 1:49.1

Kentucky Futurity Final: Atlanta 56.1 to the half, 55.0 last half, third quarter in 28.2, last quarter in 26.3. Final time 151:1

Six Pack’s last half in 54.2 after a taxing 54.4 first half , IMO, was the better of these two races.

I’m not saying Six Pack is 10 lengths better, that would be absurd, but I do believe if the two were to have met that day ( and for that matter Hambo day) Six Pack would have been a length or two victor.

I’ll also throw in Six Pack’s 150.0 Stanley Dancer tune up for the Hambo

You, I imagine, are of the opinion that Atlanta was the best 3 year old (filly or colt) last year. Any owner would think that, especially when , in the premier race of the year, they win it. 

As to your opinion of me being an asshole, you’re welcome to that    It does seem a bit below a man of your stature, but I’ll chalk it up to you being under a bit of pressure about maybe losing a horse you rightfully love. I didn’t create that issue for you, a partner of yours may have. I’d suggest any venom you have directed at me be directed elsewhere.

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2019, 01:49:28 AM »
Shuffle, are they really that much at risk losing the Horse? They only need to payout 5% to Zeron. Then 3% commission unless they made some deal with Ongait. May be Eric was nice to do a freebie who knows. They aren't at much risk unless shit gets out of hand and they walk at a price they are happy with. My guess the other three owners with 95% are on the same page.

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2019, 07:48:51 AM »
You have to be absolutely blind to think 180 days was given over mislabeled Gastrogurd.  How do you even mis label it in the first place?  What did they find when it was tested? I'm guessing omeprazol? LOL

Maybe the shock machine is more in play than the mislabeled bottles.?

The shock machine brings a different meaning to the term ..being lit up....

Seems I remember one of those machines being found in the stable where the winner of some big races came out of ??

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

• Open / FFA
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2019, 08:45:55 AM »
taylor,

IMO a historically bad drive by Ake on Six Pack in the Hambo Elimination got Atlanta the win in the final. Terrific filly, but I’m of the opinion that Six Pack was, and is the better racehorse. And the only thing that beat him was Ake’s drive.

Does the best horse win the Hambo every year?  Of course not. History is full of upsets on the track for a variety of reasons too numerous to count. Some are because a horse doesn’t perform well that day. Some are because a horse gets a great drive/trip, etc, etc.  But never have I witnessed, IMO, such a buffoonery driving job on the M/L favorite to win the Hambo. Perhaps you can point me to a worse drive on a favorite to win the Hambo. I’d be interested in seeing it. And I’d suggest an asterisk on that one too, but I’d be surprised if one can find a drive that bad.

Not many comparisons as to which horse may have been better, but I’ll rest my opinion on this one:

Kentucky Futurity Final : Six Pack 54.4 to the half, 54.2 last half, third quarter in 26.3, last quarter in 27.4. Final time 1:49.1

Kentucky Futurity Final: Atlanta 56.1 to the half, 55.0 last half, third quarter in 28.2, last quarter in 26.3. Final time 151:1

Six Pack’s last half in 54.2 after a taxing 54.4 first half , IMO, was the better of these two races.

I’m not saying Six Pack is 10 lengths better, that would be absurd, but I do believe if the two were to have met that day ( and for that matter Hambo day) Six Pack would have been a length or two victor.

I’ll also throw in Six Pack’s 150.0 Stanley Dancer tune up for the Hambo

You, I imagine, are of the opinion that Atlanta was the best 3 year old (filly or colt) last year. Any owner would think that, especially when , in the premier race of the year, they win it. 

As to your opinion of me being an asshole, you’re welcome to that    It does seem a bit below a man of your stature, but I’ll chalk it up to you being under a bit of pressure about maybe losing a horse you rightfully love. I didn’t create that issue for you, a partner of yours may have. I’d suggest any venom you have directed at me be directed elsewhere.

taylor was right.

slivercharm

• Elite
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2019, 08:49:18 AM »
My point being all the publicity ongait is getting because of this

Also

They don’t need to find a seller on there they can have their own auction or take private bids while saving the 4% which is 1% less than zeron gets
gonna start a syndicate betting balmoral, who wants to invest?

bond

• Elite
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2019, 09:13:53 AM »
IMHO--all the owners of Atlanta including Rick Zeron--got screwed by the ORC.

Atlanta is a great filly,right alongside the best there has ever been in this County.Her speed in the Hambletonian was awesome to watch-gave me goosebumps.

The system of "guilty when charged-and you have to prove your innocence"-goes beyond anything in the USA Constitution or Society-and is what is causing terrible situations to occur-even by the elite in the Sport--system is rotten to the core.

It should rightfully be "innocent until proven guilty".

We now have a situation where GURAL-would not allow RicK Zeron to race at his tracks--even BEFORE he has had a chance to prove his innocence-or explain the findings.

Apparently being under appeal and allowed to race at Gural tracks-only applies when Gural picks his trainers. Rick Zeron  is not one of these select people.

Changing the Commissions standings of Guilty when charged would prevent Gural acting like he does-and also Rick Zeron appearing to be a total ahole.

I can understand somewhat Rick Zerons actions--he made Atlanta-took her to dizzying highs-and loves her. He possibly also feels he has been screwed by the ORC and does not want these group of total dickheads-ruining what he/owners has with his wonder mare.

Its all very sad-and I really wish some high powered Lawyer takes on these Commissions and takes away this ridiculous authority they have of being guilty before allowed to have your chance to prove innocence..

NJ HORSEMAN

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2019, 09:18:12 AM »
 AS THE JEWISH TRACK OWNER SAYS

"IF YOU CANT BEAT THEM, BAND THEM"

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Kirby's Ace: Why? Your already here!
    Today at 12:20:48 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Admin Bring back XYZ.
    March 28, 2024, 10:02:39 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes XYZ you are missed
    March 28, 2024, 09:56:46 PM
  • Mazola: Hey XYZ, miss you buddy!
    March 28, 2024, 08:18:55 PM
  • FirstUpFrom8Hole: Do Piff Daddy know Antiqua has an extradition treaty wif the US of A?
    March 28, 2024, 06:39:42 PM
  • Calhoun: Some White Boy Diddy gave a ride to got popped for Coke and Edibles.
    March 28, 2024, 03:24:42 PM
  • Papillon: TMZ tracked Puff Daddy in Antigua, the West Indies. I don't think he is coming back.
    March 28, 2024, 12:49:49 PM
  • The Thorn: Alligning oneself with the Puff Diddler is probably not a politically correct move at this point
    March 28, 2024, 12:36:34 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal