Author Topic: ONLY FILLY TO WIN THE hambo on auction at ONGAIT?  (Read 10127 times)

slivercharm

• Elite
Re: ONLY FILLY TO WIN THE hambo on auction at ONGAIT?
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2019, 08:26:34 PM »
Whatís on fair commission?

They gotta wave it or else the owners are nuts
gonna start a syndicate betting balmoral, who wants to invest?

Pacers69

• Top Claimer
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2019, 08:54:56 PM »
Rick zeron just lost all his owners on that write up I read

Jazzman

• Top Claimer
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2019, 09:02:03 PM »
i think its just a scam to get around suspension

Iceman

• Stakes Horse
  • CJ842591
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2019, 09:34:54 PM »
Rick zeron just lost all his owners on that write up I read
It's a wonder he had any owners from a lot of the shit over the years. The apple as they say doesn't fall far from the tree and Rick has had many questionable drives so I would suspect Scotty is the same as the old man.

Jctoronto

• Jr. Open
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2019, 09:38:13 PM »
Scotty must be proud..or worried.

HEY BKN HEADPOLE
..whats this about Ricks offshore account...whats the scoop?  And how do you know?   

speed shop

• Jr. Open
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2019, 10:04:54 PM »
You have to be absolutely blind to think 180 days was given over mislabeled Gastrogurd.  How do you even mis label it in the first place?  What did they find when it was tested? I'm guessing omeprazol? LOL

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

• Jr. Open
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2019, 10:32:40 PM »

Rick would have gone ZORRO on Tony if he tried to stop him!!  73cv.2 73cv.2  (He used to do that shit in the winners circle with his whip.  I don't know if he still does it)

Hey, Howie, how do you NOT go and get a court order to get the mare moved?  Did Rickie have management control over and above his 5%?  Or how do you not ask the stewards to set an immediate hearing and get her back?  Please let the plopsters on this worthless forum know.  Shalom.

Iceman

• Stakes Horse
  • CJ842591
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2019, 10:32:46 PM »
Hugh Mitchell  ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 come on now let's get real, another fence rider. Not sure if he's on the wagon now but the bottle was the reason he left WEG for Western Fair and London is his home. Recently he is back on the WEG board so I would suspect things will move certain persons ways.

In front

• Jr. Open
I am not Jerry Clark and I have no affiliation with in front racing

Brkn Headpole

• Jr. Open
« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2019, 11:17:06 PM »
Great read, thanks Rabbit

I was being facetious. Would Hughie do anything to upset the applecart?

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2019, 12:16:56 AM »
Believe Ongait is 3% and why wave it? There have been many of partner disputes and when they run them through Harrisburg or Lexington with fees to the sale, catalog, and consignment. So if they buy the horse back they only payout the 5% to Zeron and 3% to Ongait. Horse goes for 1.5m they lose 45k off the top. If they truly believe in the horse it's a no brainer putting the horse on Ongait. The 5% owner values the horse at 4m. Other owners say pound sand we will find the value. If things get nutty and horse goes way over value then owners walk away with a lot of cash. In a no lose situation and we see this every year when owners can't agree.

shuffledagain

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2019, 01:18:35 AM »
taylor,

IMO a historically bad drive by Ake on Six Pack in the Hambo Elimination got Atlanta the win in the final. Terrific filly, but Iím of the opinion that Six Pack was, and is the better racehorse. And the only thing that beat him was Akeís drive.

Does the best horse win the Hambo every year?  Of course not. History is full of upsets on the track for a variety of reasons too numerous to count. Some are because a horse doesnít perform well that day. Some are because a horse gets a great drive/trip, etc, etc.  But never have I witnessed, IMO, such a buffoonery driving job on the M/L favorite to win the Hambo. Perhaps you can point me to a worse drive on a favorite to win the Hambo. Iíd be interested in seeing it. And Iíd suggest an asterisk on that one too, but Iíd be surprised if one can find a drive that bad.

Not many comparisons as to which horse may have been better, but Iíll rest my opinion on this one:

Kentucky Futurity Final : Six Pack 54.4 to the half, 54.2 last half, third quarter in 26.3, last quarter in 27.4. Final time 1:49.1

Kentucky Futurity Final: Atlanta 56.1 to the half, 55.0 last half, third quarter in 28.2, last quarter in 26.3. Final time 151:1

Six Packís last half in 54.2 after a taxing 54.4 first half , IMO, was the better of these two races.

Iím not saying Six Pack is 10 lengths better, that would be absurd, but I do believe if the two were to have met that day ( and for that matter Hambo day) Six Pack would have been a length or two victor.

Iíll also throw in Six Packís 150.0 Stanley Dancer tune up for the Hambo

You, I imagine, are of the opinion that Atlanta was the best 3 year old (filly or colt) last year. Any owner would think that, especially when , in the premier race of the year, they win it. 

As to your opinion of me being an asshole, youíre welcome to that    It does seem a bit below a man of your stature, but Iíll chalk it up to you being under a bit of pressure about maybe losing a horse you rightfully love. I didnít create that issue for you, a partner of yours may have. Iíd suggest any venom you have directed at me be directed elsewhere.

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2019, 01:49:28 AM »
Shuffle, are they really that much at risk losing the Horse? They only need to payout 5% to Zeron. Then 3% commission unless they made some deal with Ongait. May be Eric was nice to do a freebie who knows. They aren't at much risk unless shit gets out of hand and they walk at a price they are happy with. My guess the other three owners with 95% are on the same page.

Parked

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2019, 07:48:51 AM »
You have to be absolutely blind to think 180 days was given over mislabeled Gastrogurd.  How do you even mis label it in the first place?  What did they find when it was tested? I'm guessing omeprazol? LOL

Maybe the shock machine is more in play than the mislabeled bottles.?

The shock machine brings a different meaning to the term ..being lit up....

Seems I remember one of those machines being found in the stable where the winner of some big races came out of ??

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

• Jr. Open
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2019, 08:45:55 AM »
taylor,

IMO a historically bad drive by Ake on Six Pack in the Hambo Elimination got Atlanta the win in the final. Terrific filly, but Iím of the opinion that Six Pack was, and is the better racehorse. And the only thing that beat him was Akeís drive.

Does the best horse win the Hambo every year?  Of course not. History is full of upsets on the track for a variety of reasons too numerous to count. Some are because a horse doesnít perform well that day. Some are because a horse gets a great drive/trip, etc, etc.  But never have I witnessed, IMO, such a buffoonery driving job on the M/L favorite to win the Hambo. Perhaps you can point me to a worse drive on a favorite to win the Hambo. Iíd be interested in seeing it. And Iíd suggest an asterisk on that one too, but Iíd be surprised if one can find a drive that bad.

Not many comparisons as to which horse may have been better, but Iíll rest my opinion on this one:

Kentucky Futurity Final : Six Pack 54.4 to the half, 54.2 last half, third quarter in 26.3, last quarter in 27.4. Final time 1:49.1

Kentucky Futurity Final: Atlanta 56.1 to the half, 55.0 last half, third quarter in 28.2, last quarter in 26.3. Final time 151:1

Six Packís last half in 54.2 after a taxing 54.4 first half , IMO, was the better of these two races.

Iím not saying Six Pack is 10 lengths better, that would be absurd, but I do believe if the two were to have met that day ( and for that matter Hambo day) Six Pack would have been a length or two victor.

Iíll also throw in Six Packís 150.0 Stanley Dancer tune up for the Hambo

You, I imagine, are of the opinion that Atlanta was the best 3 year old (filly or colt) last year. Any owner would think that, especially when , in the premier race of the year, they win it. 

As to your opinion of me being an asshole, youíre welcome to that    It does seem a bit below a man of your stature, but Iíll chalk it up to you being under a bit of pressure about maybe losing a horse you rightfully love. I didnít create that issue for you, a partner of yours may have. Iíd suggest any venom you have directed at me be directed elsewhere.

taylor was right.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • cparrot: karam
    April 19, 2019, 01:27:58 AM
  • bigwrench: 73cv.2 i believe you are correct !!!
    April 15, 2019, 06:44:49 PM
  • Calhoun: Didn't HeeHaw do an episode?
    April 15, 2019, 03:12:05 PM
  • bigwrench: Ive heard em called Moolies...moon crickets....jigab oos..shines and niggs but never GOATS
    April 15, 2019, 12:59:53 PM
  • Calhoun: Funny or Sad?  Seeing grown men cry like school girls.  Bow your heads to the GOAT...  Tiger Woods, Y'all.
    April 15, 2019, 03:42:30 AM
  • bigwrench: A very confused porch monkey he is
    April 14, 2019, 04:06:59 PM
  • Fatboy: WONT EVEN BANG HIS OWN COLOR...WHAT KINDA SKILLET DOES THAT??
    April 14, 2019, 03:52:09 PM
  • bigwrench: Tiger fucking woods wins masters..an the bleeding heart Lib anouncer says its the biggest comeback story in american sports history! Yeah right jusy a halfjigg n jap he is..
    April 14, 2019, 03:04:42 PM