Author Topic: FRIDAY BIG M HANDLE DOWN 500K FROM LAST YEAR  (Read 30967 times)

Exit 16W

• Stakes Horse
  • LEADER OF THE MECCALANDS
FRIDAY BIG M HANDLE DOWN 500K FROM LAST YEAR
« on: April 07, 2018, 08:10:05 AM »
 BARELY SQUEEZED ABOVE THE 2 MIL THRESHOLD LAST NIGHT.
   THE RACE TRACK OLIGARCH CAN NOT BE HAPPY, PLANNING ON RELEASING SEVERAL  DIPLOMATS AND REPLACING WITH PERSONAL FRIENDS. WHAT IS THE REASON FOR THIS SUDDEN FALL IN HANDLE?   TRUMP? STOCK MARKET? SCHUMER?  ROSEANN?

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
Re: FRIDAY BIG M HANDLE DOWN 500K FROM LAST YEAR
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 08:28:58 AM »
too many tracks opening up now

he has to get bigger purses somehow to attract better horses and drivers

championship meet starts soon

,,bigm should improve we hope

REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

mtnskipper

• Open / FFA
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 08:43:51 AM »
too many dover shippers wandering in there. tough to decipher. horrific driver colony a big turnoff for most who have a clue.

Uncle Harry

• Open / FFA
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 10:02:45 AM »
too many tracks opening up now

he has to get bigger purses somehow to attract better horses and drivers

championship meet starts soon

,,bigm should improve we hope

SAME NUMBER OF TRACKS WERE OPEN LAST YEAR AT THE SAME TIME.  THAT OLIGARCH FELLOW SHOULD DIP INTO HIS OWN POCKETS AND ADD 20 MILLION TO THE PURSE POOL JUST LIKE HE PROMISED WHEN HE BOUGHT THE JOINT.  THATS WHAT WARKENTON AND DILEO TOLD ME. THEY SAY JEFF LIED TO ALL OF THEM. HE PROMISED THEM ALL RAISES AND NOW WANTS THEM TO TAKE A TEN PERCENT CUT.  HE EVEN TOOK AWAY EMPLOYEES DISCOUNTS TO EAT AT THE TRACK SAYING THEY WERE ABUSING THE PRIVILEDGE.   DAVE "NO SO" LITTLE  HAD 10 PLATES AT EVERY BUFFET, I KID YOU NOT

I MISS GOVERNOR CHRISTIE

Equus Caballus

• Elite
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 10:05:41 AM »
too many dover shippers wandering in there. tough to decipher. horrific driver colony a big turnoff for most who have a clue.

Don’t give the Dover horses too much credit coming to the mile track

Overrated in many occasions

MR.DALRAE

• Living Legend
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2018, 10:19:06 AM »
Only 10 races last night for the first time

mtnskipper

• Open / FFA
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2018, 10:24:00 AM »
Only 10 races last night for the first time
  and that's with dover closed. unless gural continues to pump his own money into this place (not sure if he even does that) place is doomed to extinction. he wants slots to save him. good luck with that fantasy in an oversaturated market.

Hush Limbaugh II

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2018, 10:53:44 AM »
All the cash Goooooffffrrrraaa aallllll Inc made off the NCAA tournament on weekends, where did that money go. Did he give a little back to help out the NCAA. No fu way. Now going to get a dose of the Circus O'Lay at the Pig M. That should really bring new customers in. Some of us really appreciated the glory days of the REAL BIG M, let us have some good memories of the place. Just get out, shut the FU up, lick your wounds (and your ass) and take it as a lesson learned  11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp
If YOU would "HUSH" up, YOU just might know WhatzzzzZ UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flyflysolly

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2018, 11:37:28 AM »
What is with you people here? Tonight's handle will TOP last year's most likely for the same day. Last night had only 10 races with horse shortages we all know about being an issue.  The idea that a closed Meadowlands HELPS harness racing is ludicrous!!  The smaller tracks depend on the weekend Meadowlands simulcast to drive their nightly simulcast betting on the weekends.  I don't see any reason for the comments here about hoping harness tracks close to give joy to those who post such utter stupidity! If you really want the Meadowlands to close, YOU should not be involved in harness racing, not the other way!  Go bet lottery tickets instead of your $2.00 per race at the races!  The comments here by the same cast of characters are pathetic!

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2018, 11:56:48 AM »
What is with you people here? Tonight's handle will TOP last year's most likely for the same day. Last night had only 10 races with horse shortages we all know about being an issue.  The idea that a closed Meadowlands HELPS harness racing is ludicrous!!  The smaller tracks depend on the weekend Meadowlands simulcast to drive their nightly simulcast betting on the weekends.  I don't see any reason for the comments here about hoping harness tracks close to give joy to those who post such utter stupidity! If you really want the Meadowlands to close, YOU should not be involved in harness racing, not the other way!  Go bet lottery tickets instead of your $2.00 per race at the races!  The comments here by the same cast of characters are pathetic!
I'm not so sure.  I think those M1 wagering dollars would find their way into other pools.  In fact, it appears like it is happening now.

YTD 2018 vs 2017:

Total Wagering is down 1/2 of 1%

Total Race Days/Races is down 5%

Total Purses are down about 8%

Per Race Wagering is up just shy of 13%

Those are directionally positive numbers for bettors.

JMVHMFO

« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 11:58:45 AM by Calhoun »

John Esposito

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2018, 12:08:51 PM »
LAST YEAR 11 RACES ON FRIDAY, THIS YEAR 10
LAST YEAR 11 RACES ON SATURDAY  THIS YEAR 12

FIGURE OUT AVG PER RACE TO SEE WHICH WAS BETTER... FRIDAY NIGHT WAS BETTER LAST YEAR

mtnskipper

• Open / FFA
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2018, 12:39:40 PM »
What is with you people here? Tonight's handle will TOP last year's most likely for the same day. Last night had only 10 races with horse shortages we all know about being an issue.  The idea that a closed Meadowlands HELPS harness racing is ludicrous!!  The smaller tracks depend on the weekend Meadowlands simulcast to drive their nightly simulcast betting on the weekends.  I don't see any reason for the comments here about hoping harness tracks close to give joy to those who post such utter stupidity! If you really want the Meadowlands to close, YOU should not be involved in harness racing, not the other way!  Go bet lottery tickets instead of your $2.00 per race at the races!  The comments here by the same cast of characters are pathetic!
the smaller tracks need their horses, owners, drivers and trainers back even though it is too late since the former patrons all just about all gone. maybe a few of the smaller ones can be saved if that albatross finally shuts down. the big M is responsible for ruining harness racing in this country 42 years ago. a novel idea at the time and it worked for about 20 years but now being a shadow of what it once was it is time to pull the plug on the place.

dinkadoo

• Elite
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2018, 01:56:07 PM »
I'm not so sure.  I think those M1 wagering dollars would find their way into other pools.  In fact, it appears like it is happening now.

YTD 2018 vs 2017:

Total Wagering is down 1/2 of 1%

Total Race Days/Races is down 5%

Total Purses are down about 8%

Per Race Wagering is up just shy of 13%

Those are directionally positive numbers for bettors.

JMVHMFO

good for bettors bad for horsemen. Goes to show the value gamblers place on a mile track... Quality means little. Purses mean little.

slimshady

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2018, 02:58:35 PM »
Huff  ...   "Did he give a little back to the NCAA".   That's hilarious.   You make it sound like the NCAA needs money.  They make zillions off of TV revenue, while paying the stars nothing, over and above their scholarships.  And many of those scholarships are useless, because no one, including the NCAA cares if an athlete actually gets an education.   If you want me to despise Gural, you'd better come up with a better reason than that one !!!

Hush Limbaugh II

• Elite
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2018, 06:35:31 PM »
Huff  ...   "Did he give a little back to the NCAA".   That's hilarious.   You make it sound like the NCAA needs money.  They make zillions off of TV revenue, while paying the stars nothing, over and above their scholarships.  And many of those scholarships are useless, because no one, including the NCAA cares if an athlete actually gets an education.   If you want me to despise Gural, you'd better come up with a better reason than that one !!!

Give me a break here. What did Goooooffffrrrraaa llllll INC do with the signal on the Pig M. Made it a monthly pay per view. How about when he was bitching about signal costs going in  and out. Goooofffrrrraaaal llll INC. wanted more of a simulcast cut for his signal. GTFOH 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp
If YOU would "HUSH" up, YOU just might know WhatzzzzZ UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Michael Petrelli: WNBA should just copy the Haness Racing business model. State welfare.
    April 19, 2024, 07:42:20 PM
  • Unclejerry: If Joe is so concerned about Katlen Clarks salary, why dont he buy a ticket for an WNBA game?
    April 18, 2024, 06:23:45 PM
  • Calhoun: Meadowlands just sent me email .. there's a P-8 Carryover ... $1,800 ... That changes everything ngc3
    April 18, 2024, 04:53:05 PM
  • Calhoun: Kirby crossed the Delaware before George Washington to make sure it was safe.  True story 100%
    April 18, 2024, 02:39:12 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Kirby's Ace the most trusted individual in harness racing... at least in his mind. ngc3
    April 18, 2024, 09:32:43 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Only loose ends are the entrails of Delaware residents.
    April 18, 2024, 09:27:22 AM
  • Kirby's Ace: Hopefully Admon is cleaning up loose ands and you know what that means!
    April 17, 2024, 11:26:37 PM
  • Unclejerry: COCK-A-DODDLE-DO is the rooster in a pile of PLOP
    April 17, 2024, 11:11:47 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal