Author Topic: I would like to personally thank Jeff Gural for hosting the Hambo!  (Read 3925 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ScrapeThePaint

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 976
Re: I would like to personally thank Jeff Gural for hosting the Hambo!
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2026, 09:22:30 PM »
No longer owners.. got out long ago..
No slot welfare, no harness racing

Who’s talking about slot welfare?!?! I guess you conveniently ignored the fact that racetracks existed before these casinos join them so just because a racetrack has inflated purses, that’s the cost of doing business with a racetrack and that’s how the casinos were able to get their doors open. But of course you conveniently ignore that.

 We’re talking about owners trainers and drivers making record money. That’s thriving.

Lockedin with Pace

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1552
Re: I would like to personally thank Jeff Gural for hosting the Hambo!
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2026, 10:58:14 PM »
47'states have casinos, how many states have racetracks, a helluva lot less. If a racetrack closed down, the casino would still be in busines. If the welfare was cut or eliminated entirely purses would drop big time and some tracks would wind up closing.and that's a fact whether you accept it or not n

andrew

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4390
Re: I would like to personally thank Jeff Gural for hosting the Hambo!
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2026, 11:05:52 PM »
47'states have casinos, how many states have racetracks, a helluva lot less. If a racetrack closed down, the casino would still be in busines. If the welfare was cut or eliminated entirely purses would drop big time and some tracks would wind up closing.and that's a fact whether you accept it or not n

he [?] womt  tmbz1

Lockedin with Pace

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1552
Re: I would like to personally thank Jeff Gural for hosting the Hambo!
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2026, 11:29:14 PM »
Paintbrush looks like he overdosed on turpentine today because he's mixing it up with everyone in between agreeing with "G" and kissing Mark Ford's ass

rainman2

  • Living Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 27197
Re: I would like to personally thank Jeff Gural for hosting the Hambo!
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2026, 11:44:18 PM »
Gural is an exception to harness racing.  He is personally involved in owning and breeding! He has skin in the game! The majority of other racetracks are owned by gambling coops--e.g, MGM, Penn National, et al.

Whether you like him and his policies or not he is doing what he thinks is best.  He gets this privilege as he actually is responsible for running racetracks.  Right/wrong/good/bad!  He is actually fan friendly too!  I said hello to him at Tioga Downs for the Empire Breeders Classic.  The staff actually encourages you to do this too!
Horseplop isn’t a popularity contest!!

Lockedin with Pace

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1552
Re: I would like to personally thank Jeff Gural for hosting the Hambo!
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2026, 12:05:12 AM »
Jeff thanks you for the testimonial

Kenny

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1053
Re: I would like to personally thank Jeff Gural for hosting the Hambo!
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2026, 06:16:03 AM »
Who’s talking about slot welfare?!?! I guess you conveniently ignored the fact that racetracks existed before these casinos join them so just because a racetrack has inflated purses, that’s the cost of doing business with a racetrack and that’s how the casinos were able to get their doors open. But of course you conveniently ignore that.

 We’re talking about owners trainers and drivers making record money. That’s thriving.

Casinos exist because people WANT THEM. It is that simple. The rest is just politics and there is not reason a casino needs to have a racetrack. In fact, a racetrack is just a drag on the casino business. Why should the government give handouts to racing when the general public could care less that racing even exists? As a racing fan, I would celebrate the ending of the handouts.

Kenny

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1053
Re: I would like to personally thank Jeff Gural for hosting the Hambo!
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2026, 06:17:09 AM »
Gural is an exception to harness racing.  He is personally involved in owning and breeding! He has skin in the game! The majority of other racetracks are owned by gambling coops--e.g, MGM, Penn National, et al.

Whether you like him and his policies or not he is doing what he thinks is best.  He gets this privilege as he actually is responsible for running racetracks.  Right/wrong/good/bad!  He is actually fan friendly too!  I said hello to him at Tioga Downs for the Empire Breeders Classic.  The staff actually encourages you to do this too!

That was not true at the beginning. When slots came in, the racing industry SOLD OUT to the casino companies.

G

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3051
Re: I would like to personally thank Jeff Gural for hosting the Hambo!
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2026, 09:39:39 AM »
That was not true at the beginning. When slots came in, the racing industry SOLD OUT to the casino companies.
says the guy with a tape recorder in his pocket. Another fucking loser who is jealous of Jeff

Trigger

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 12666
Re: I would like to personally thank Jeff Gural for hosting the Hambo!
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2026, 09:52:25 AM »
says the guy with a tape recorder in his pocket. Another fucking loser who is jealous of Jeff

What's for lunch, G?  ngc3

Jeff's, FATSO's, Steve's cock?  ngc3

jupiter

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2473
Re: I would like to personally thank Jeff Gural for hosting the Hambo!
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2026, 12:57:28 PM »
Race Tracks were owned by people and families. They actually enjoyed racing, most were in attendance every night. Knew the patrons, people on the backside.

rainman2

  • Living Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 27197
Re: I would like to personally thank Jeff Gural for hosting the Hambo!
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2026, 01:07:54 PM »
Race Tracks were owned by people and families. They actually enjoyed racing, most were in attendance every night. Knew the patrons, people on the backside.

I was at Batavia last year as the meet was opening, and Byron Brown was walking around the facility.  He was well dressed and said hello to people as they were walking through.  Batavia Downs actually makes radio commercials with racing involved as a part of the entertainment package that is available.  Do any other tracks promote racing?
Horseplop isn’t a popularity contest!!

Pacer 2

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2983
Re: I would like to personally thank Jeff Gural for hosting the Hambo!
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2026, 01:51:22 PM »
I was at Batavia last year as the meet was opening, and Byron Brown was walking around the facility.  He was well dressed and said hello to people as they were walking through.  Batavia Downs actually makes radio commercials with racing involved as a part of the entertainment package that is available.  Do any other tracks promote racing?
     Pretty sure all racetracks promote racing!   

rainman2

  • Living Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 27197
Re: I would like to personally thank Jeff Gural for hosting the Hambo!
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2026, 01:56:08 PM »
     Pretty sure all racetracks promote racing!   

On Radio advertising?  The first part of the advertising is for live racing, then other events.

What tracks actually advertise racing first?

On a different note:

Years ago, across the street from Yonkers, there was a Mohegan Sun billboard up!

Horseplop isn’t a popularity contest!!

Lockedin with Pace

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1552
Re: I would like to personally thank Jeff Gural for hosting the Hambo!
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2026, 01:59:06 PM »
I live about 20 minutes from Harrah's Philly. It's located in Chester, PA in a bad neighborhood with high crime. There's virtually no one at the track for live racing, the casino is 3/4 empty, and they do no promoting at all. There's also a minimum-security prison 2 blocks away.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2026, 02:01:05 PM by Lockedin with Pace »

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Trigger: You must receive a prize after saying "dick pic" in this forum 20 times today  ngc3
    September 30, 2026, 11:18:23 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: And put your pecker away you pervert
    September 30, 2026, 11:16:36 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: ngc3
    September 30, 2026, 11:16:12 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: Repeat 10 times and say 5 hail Mary's. Kirbys Ace, Kirbys Ace Kirbys Ace,Kirbys Ace and the last one Kirby's Ace!
    September 30, 2026, 11:15:36 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: Sorry but I'm way in your head if that's what you're thinking of!  I guess that Dick Pic really messed you up!
    September 30, 2026, 11:13:03 PM
  • Trigger: Kirby simply say thank you, Kirby's Ace is not your screen name here it's Kirbys Ace with out the apostrophe " ' ", embarresing that you changed your screen name if I taught you how to spell it. Too bade your family has less than a man in you and a dummy to boot  ngc3
    September 30, 2026, 10:25:40 PM
  • JT: tmbz1
    September 30, 2026, 08:51:35 PM
  • dougie: Good luck gambling tomorrow. Great card at Belmont!
    September 30, 2026, 08:51:31 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal