Author Topic: I would like to personally thank Jeff Gural for hosting the Hambo!  (Read 3904 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

G

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3051
 If it wasn't for this man there would be no racing in New Jersey. I'm in New York guy and have gotten to know Jeff over the years,, he's a good man.

We all should be thankful that Jeff has done when he's done for the sport. Thank you Jeff!

captaintreacherous

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 352
Re: I would like to personally thank Jeff Gural for hosting the Hambo!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2026, 10:39:03 AM »
Yes...without Jeff we would be racing The Hambo

in Hicks County, Kentucky


with all the bumpkins wagering their $2


e.g. Red Mile...


Real Racing has always been in the US northeast

and Canada...after the Hambo left the Midwest.


Kentucky racing is great for a week or 2 in the fall..

other than that...its all Tbreds..

Harness Racing is virtually non existent other than that..

No players follow the racing from a gambling standpoint.

Monticello does way more $ wise..

Without the casino there is 0.00 racing in Kentucky.

I remember going to the Red Mile...a gorgeous track..

and I bet $200 on a 4-1 shot at 1 minute to post

and the next flash the horse was 2-5.....

and lost.

Look at the betting pools....0 interest..

Maybe I am wrong....

Not saying that the drivers or trainers are not worthy..

just overall mediocre racing save for a few Sire Stakes

and maybe an Open Pace and Trot.

Pacer 2

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2983
Re: I would like to personally thank Jeff Gural for hosting the Hambo!
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2026, 10:51:01 AM »
One of the heroes of our sport!    tmbz1

G

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3051
Re: I would like to personally thank Jeff Gural for hosting the Hambo!
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2026, 12:29:05 PM »
One of the heroes of our sport!    tmbz1
tmbz1

gurals casino

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 601
Re: I would like to personally thank Jeff Gural for hosting the Hambo!
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2026, 12:48:13 PM »
any comments on the 17.5% decrease in handle from 2025?

 73cv.2

Lockedin with Pace

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1552
Re: I would like to personally thank Jeff Gural for hosting the Hambo!
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2026, 12:59:18 PM »
Pacer2 is demanding a recount, say's they're thriving.

Pacer 2

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2983
Re: I would like to personally thank Jeff Gural for hosting the Hambo!
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2026, 01:41:54 PM »
any comments on the 17.5% decrease in handle from 2025?

 73cv.2
   The handle doesnt matter. Horsemen dont get a % of handle. Its the purses that matter more and they're great!!!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2026, 01:44:33 PM by Pacer 2 »

Pacer 2

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2983
Re: I would like to personally thank Jeff Gural for hosting the Hambo!
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2026, 01:42:34 PM »
Pacer2 is demanding a recount, say's they're thriving.


The handle doesnt matter. Horsemen dont get a % of handle. Its the purses that matter more and they're great!!!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2026, 01:44:51 PM by Pacer 2 »

dougie

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2602
Re: I would like to personally thank Jeff Gural for hosting the Hambo!
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2026, 01:57:57 PM »

The handle doesnt matter. Horsemen dont get a % of handle. Its the purses that matter more and they're great!!!
While the handle decrease is something that could be talked/studied by management, I think it was a great day of racing at the Meadowlands. Although I invested $200, and didn't cash a ticket, it was fun to watch. I was at the Brook Casino where folks were betting the races there. And while the betting at the Spa probably outnumbered the Hambo Day 10-1, there were some young kids taking some shots at the Meadowlands. And while the glitz and glamour of the big throughbred events like the Triple Crown and Breeders Cup make Hambo Day seem amateurish, the Meadowlands did a good job putting on this event. Purses were great.

Kirby's Ace

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4754
Re: I would like to personally thank Jeff Gural for hosting the Hambo!
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2026, 02:06:29 PM »
If it wasn't for this man there would be no racing in New Jersey. I'm in New York guy and have gotten to know Jeff over the years,, he's a good man.

We all should be thankful that Jeff has done when he's done for the sport. Thank you Jeff!

Why not just thank him when you two have lunch.

 tmbz1
9/09/26 A day of celebration!

G

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3051
Re: I would like to personally thank Jeff Gural for hosting the Hambo!
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2026, 08:30:44 AM »
Why not just thank him when you two have lunch.

 tmbz1
I will next week.

Foalin at 4

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 822
Re: I would like to personally thank Jeff Gural for hosting the Hambo!
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2026, 11:56:46 AM »
I will next week.
 

      ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

rainman2

  • Living Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 27197
Re: I would like to personally thank Jeff Gural for hosting the Hambo!
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2026, 12:23:56 PM »
Why not just thank him when you two have lunch.

 tmbz1

FYI, he's on the Saratoga Raceway apron right now as a 3 year old trotter he co-owns won the first race. He is still there as he has another one in the 2nd race.  How come you're not there now?
Horseplop isn’t a popularity contest!!

rainman2

  • Living Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 27197
Re: I would like to personally thank Jeff Gural for hosting the Hambo!
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2026, 12:32:54 PM »
I will next week.

Little E LLC  just won the 2nd race too.  How come you're not in the winners circle with him?
Horseplop isn’t a popularity contest!!

Pacer 2

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2983
Re: I would like to personally thank Jeff Gural for hosting the Hambo!
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2026, 01:37:31 PM »
   How come you're not in the winners circle with him?
     How come you're not?

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Trigger: You must receive a prize after saying "dick pic" in this forum 20 times today  ngc3
    September 30, 2026, 11:18:23 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: And put your pecker away you pervert
    September 30, 2026, 11:16:36 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: ngc3
    September 30, 2026, 11:16:12 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: Repeat 10 times and say 5 hail Mary's. Kirbys Ace, Kirbys Ace Kirbys Ace,Kirbys Ace and the last one Kirby's Ace!
    September 30, 2026, 11:15:36 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: Sorry but I'm way in your head if that's what you're thinking of!  I guess that Dick Pic really messed you up!
    September 30, 2026, 11:13:03 PM
  • Trigger: Kirby simply say thank you, Kirby's Ace is not your screen name here it's Kirbys Ace with out the apostrophe " ' ", embarresing that you changed your screen name if I taught you how to spell it. Too bade your family has less than a man in you and a dummy to boot  ngc3
    September 30, 2026, 10:25:40 PM
  • JT: tmbz1
    September 30, 2026, 08:51:35 PM
  • dougie: Good luck gambling tomorrow. Great card at Belmont!
    September 30, 2026, 08:51:31 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal