Author Topic: Early Belmont Stakes thoughts  (Read 133312 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Gaagoots

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 5070
Re: Early Belmont Stakes thoughts
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2025, 01:18:52 PM »
Mott is a great trainer Sovereignty will be tough.

Papillon

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2609
Re: Early Belmont Stakes thoughts
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2025, 01:21:23 PM »
He will be when Journalism sits out.

that would make him a slight fave over Baeza

I hope Journalism runs

Liberty Bell

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
Re: Early Belmont Stakes thoughts
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2025, 01:49:46 PM »
   
Maybe you should ride?    ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

I'm too old and don't speak Spanish.

Liberty Bell

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
Re: Early Belmont Stakes thoughts
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2025, 01:52:14 PM »
Sovereignty deserves to be a big favorite....

If they both run, I think Journalism will still be favored over Sovereignty.

Brooklyn Brawler

  • Top Claimer
  • ***
  • Posts: 229
Re: Early Belmont Stakes thoughts
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2025, 03:59:26 PM »
Journalism has shipped to Saratoga, Belmont decision to be made in time. While it would be great for the sport, if he were my horse, I'd point for the Travers.

Pacer 2

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2976
Re: Early Belmont Stakes thoughts
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2025, 07:35:33 PM »
Mott is a great trainer Sovereignty will be tough.

  No doubt   tmbz1 tmbz1

Grandstand Handicapper

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2777
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
Re: Early Belmont Stakes thoughts
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2025, 09:33:40 AM »
Interesting that Sovereignty won't be the favorite, even if Journalism runs. I just figured the majority of the pool are novices at best. I don't think the majority of the pool is smarty money. If the general public is the majority of the pool, I think they will see the Derby line, where one beats the other, the Preakness line, where one won and the other sat out, and they make Mott's horse the favorite. Guess not.

If both go, I hope they are both 100% on their game and that it's a great race. Journalism will be on 3 races in 5 weeks, and that last one.....does he stay the same, move forward, or regress. Get your money and bet your pick!

Pacer 2

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2976
Re: Early Belmont Stakes thoughts
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2025, 10:20:34 AM »
Interesting that Sovereignty won't be the favorite, even if Journalism runs. I just figured the majority of the pool are novices at best. I don't think the majority of the pool is smarty money. If the general public is the majority of the pool, I think they will see the Derby line, where one beats the other, the Preakness line, where one won and the other sat out, and they make Mott's horse the favorite. Guess not.

If both go, I hope they are both 100% on their game and that it's a great race. Journalism will be on 3 races in 5 weeks, and that last one.....does he stay the same, move forward, or regress. Get your money and bet your pick!
   

    Sovereignty will and should be the favorite

Grandstand Handicapper

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2777
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
Re: Early Belmont Stakes thoughts
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2025, 10:22:27 AM »
   

    Sovereignty will and should be the favorite

I would have thought so. I guess we'll see.

Pacer 2

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2976
Re: Early Belmont Stakes thoughts
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2025, 10:24:18 AM »
 
I would have thought so. I guess we'll see.
   tmbz1 tmbz1

Liberty Bell

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
Re: Early Belmont Stakes thoughts
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2025, 10:39:13 AM »
    tmbz1 tmbz1

Still think Journalism will be the favorite based more on his win in the Preakness than his loss in the Derby. He's been the favorite in just about all his lifetime starts where Soveignty hasn't

dougie

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2587
Re: Early Belmont Stakes thoughts
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2025, 10:46:16 AM »
Latest reports on Horse Racing Nation tells us that both Journalism and Sovereignty are both heading to the Belmont along with Baeza, Gosger, Heart Of Honor, Hill Road, and Rodriguez. What other horse in this race is going to press the speed of Gosger? And if you were owner/trainer of Heart Of Honor, would you take off jockey Saffie Osborne and replace her with a jockey familiar with Saratoga's track and surface?

The Answer

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 488
Re: Early Belmont Stakes thoughts
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2025, 10:58:39 AM »
Latest reports on Horse Racing Nation tells us that both Journalism and Sovereignty are both heading to the Belmont along with Baeza, Gosger, Heart Of Honor, Hill Road, and Rodriguez. What other horse in this race is going to press the speed of Gosger? And if you were owner/trainer of Heart Of Honor, would you take off jockey Saffie Osborne and replace her with a jockey familiar with Saratoga's track and surface?

Baeza at over 5-1 is play unfortunately Sandman isn’t going so the dumb money won’t be on him.

dougie

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2587
Re: Early Belmont Stakes thoughts
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2025, 11:17:20 AM »
The Answer.....I was disappointed to not see Sandman going too!

Liberty Bell

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
Re: Early Belmont Stakes thoughts
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2025, 11:22:06 AM »
There are a lot of races for 3 year olds for good money without having to face the top horses.The Belmont isn't the same at Saratoga at a shorter distance.

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • darnoldrocks: A simple apology would do.
    Today at 10:19:44 AM
  • wiggles44: Has Mike finally been exposed?   Screenshots dont lie.    :)
    Today at 10:14:37 AM
  • wiggles44: But thanks for these screenshots:)
    Today at 10:09:54 AM
  • wiggles44: I wasn’t talking to you :)
    Today at 10:09:13 AM
  • Sweet: Having a great day, you couldn't wait for yesterday sorry to let you down, you keep screenshotting you old useless bag of bones  ngc3
    Today at 10:07:09 AM
  • wiggles44: Mike is having a tough day today :)
    Today at 10:05:14 AM
  • Sweet: When you get bored you can log out and do your favorite activity  11.wj to  16za.ck 51za.brod banging your families women  ngc3
    Today at 10:03:27 AM
  • darnoldrocks: I think it's a pretty simple thing for Admin to respond on.   Is it ok to wish the death and rape of another member's family?   What do you say Admin.
    Today at 09:59:52 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal