Author Topic: Can any1 explain these fucking claiming rules at Hoosier?  (Read 3696 times)

Kirby's Ace

• Stakes Horse
Re: Can any1 explain these fucking claiming rules at Hoosier?
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2023, 12:27:37 PM »
First off we’re told all of the rules are on the claim form. WRONG! They change the rules when you claim a horse to fit their needs. Okay so most tracks want you to stay 60 days after the claim and not race that horse anywhere else. I get that. But now you can’t enter YOUR horse that YOU paid for with YOUR money in the class that you want. Yes that is what the Hoosier race secretary is saying. So if you claim one for 20k and you want to race in a 50k claimer, you cannot do it. You can only raise up two levels or lower two levels. Can you actually believe this shit. So not only after you invest your own money, you now have to deal with management telling you where you can and cannot enter. How is this possible that they are allowed to interfere with your business operations and not get sued? You try talking with anyone and the answer is if you don’t like it then go race someplace else. Also you cannot sell the horse for 60 days either. So anyone who is thinking about claiming at Hoosier, don’t do it. You have to allow them to use your horse where they feel he’s competitive or needed. Can’t race at a different track, cant sell and can’t race in the class you want to race after you paid for the horse. Any of your horseploppers who are thinking about coming to hoosier to claim a horse don’t bother. They don’t want your business or any new owners coming here.

Why not just race somewhere else if you don't like their rules?
In the words of SCM,,I GOTTA EAT!

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2023, 01:25:46 PM »
I think Rick Plano’s second wife doesn’t have an option to change tracks. First the Plano’s live near Hoosier. Secondly the last time I saw Plano at Pompano he could barely walk so where is he going? Third Rick is around 72 years old. Does he really care about claiming rules at Hoosier after all the years he’s been at this game and his stage of life? I don’t know who the second Mrs Plano is but I think she should just suck it up with all these claiming comments.

SeattleSlew

• Open / FFA
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2023, 03:58:18 AM »
I think Rick Plano’s second wife doesn’t have an option to change tracks. First the Plano’s live near Hoosier. Secondly the last time I saw Plano at Pompano he could barely walk so where is he going? Third Rick is around 72 years old. Does he really care about claiming rules at Hoosier after all the years he’s been at this game and his stage of life? I don’t know who the second Mrs Plano is but I think she should just suck it up with all these claiming comments.

So, I am an owner and race horses at e.g. Northeast tracks (Yonkers, Meadowlands, Plainridge, Pocono etc.)  I claim a horse at Hoosier.  How are they going to stop me from racing that horse at another track within 60 days??  Is this reciprocal?  Will Scott Warren tell me I can't race at the Meadowlands??

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2023, 07:09:29 AM »
If you are stabled on the track I think it is enforceable.  If off track probably not. 

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2023, 07:45:35 AM »
So, I am an owner and race horses at e.g. Northeast tracks (Yonkers, Meadowlands, Plainridge, Pocono etc.)  I claim a horse at Hoosier.  How are they going to stop me from racing that horse at another track within 60 days??  Is this reciprocal?  Will Scott Warren tell me I can't race at the Meadowlands??

Every track honors the 60 day  claiming rule

Learn the game

Thks
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2023, 08:40:50 AM »
Should only be 30 days to begin with like it used to be. Not saying this is worthy of the Supreme Court, but I do wonder if an arbitrary rule this would pass constitutional muster if challenged in court. May also be in violation of restraint of trade laws.

SeattleSlew

• Open / FFA
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2023, 08:50:21 AM »

Every track honors the 60 day  claiming rule

Learn the game

Thks

The first part of your comment is an answer; the second part is insulting.  I owned many, many horses in the late 60's through the mid 90's.  I claimed at least 25 of them and never had any issue as to where they would race next (albeit, most of the time they did stay at the track they were claimed from.)  I understand rules change, and haven't claimed a horse in 25+ years, so was asking to "learn the game"...not to get a snide comment.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2023, 09:36:13 AM »
I don't take Lucpark seriously and I told him that yesterday when he said IMS should have been on the lead. As we all saw, the horse was either sick, unprepared to race or just plain had a "bad day".  How was IMS ever seeing the lead in that derby to the half yesterday?  Anyway, The snide comments seem to come from the "internet Jimmy The Greeks" on here, never the horseman or owners. Yeah, I know Luc has fractions of horses here and there. meaningless to me.

Kirby's Ace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2023, 10:08:32 AM »
The first part of your comment is an answer; the second part is insulting.  I owned many, many horses in the late 60's through the mid 90's.  I claimed at least 25 of them and never had any issue as to where they would race next (albeit, most of the time they did stay at the track they were claimed from.)  I understand rules change, and haven't claimed a horse in 25+ years, so was asking to "learn the game"...not to get a snide comment.

You have to consider the source making the comment. God's gift to harness racing or so he thinks. Looks down on anyone who he doesn't agree with yet has to use a foot stool to see over the counter to order when he goes to Burger King!
 73cv.2
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 10:12:18 AM by Kirby's Ace »
In the words of SCM,,I GOTTA EAT!

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2023, 10:46:08 AM »

if your fckin feelings got hurt then dont post post stupid ass questions you already know the answer to if u owned so many claimers the last 25 yrs..
  60 day rule is THE RULE ...

everywhere ..

REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2023, 05:39:00 PM »
I’ve seen horses get claimed multiple weeks fir the same price week after week. Hmmm
[/quote

It’s called ‘rent a horse’!  Once the original sales tax is paid, the next person(s) don’t have to pay the sales tax unless the horse has a higher claiming tag the next race.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2023, 06:13:46 PM »
I’ve seen horses get claimed multiple weeks fir the same price week after week. Hmmm
[/quote

It’s called ‘rent a horse’!  Once the original sales tax is paid, the next person(s) don’t have to pay the sales tax unless the horse has a higher claiming tag the next race.
tmbz1 tmbz1  The waived sales tax is pone of the few innovations, past 30 years, in this game that made alot of sense.

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2023, 07:45:30 PM »
Seriously Maria are you boning Rick on nights his wife isnt?  ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

Dingus

• Open / FFA
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2023, 09:19:10 PM »
[/quote

That was true at pompano, and only for the season.  The following season (Oct- April or May), the tax started again.
Also, I don’t recall other tracks adding sales tax to a claim.

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2023, 09:48:33 PM »
When I was an owner in NJ we were charged sales tax if during the year it was a horse claimed for the first time. What most of us did was if charged tax we would drop into claimers like $50-$60K and put a price tag on the horse to cover the tax. Example claim a horse for $50K drop in the next time for $54,000. You would hope higher price horses entered for $60K so we didn’t get post 9 or 10.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal