Author Topic: Can any1 explain these fucking claiming rules at Hoosier?  (Read 3695 times)

Maria Howard/Plano

• NW-1
  • 40 Years as a groom in the Rick Plano barn #1
Can any1 explain these fucking claiming rules at Hoosier?
« on: October 07, 2023, 08:21:16 PM »
First off we’re told all of the rules are on the claim form. WRONG! They change the rules when you claim a horse to fit their needs. Okay so most tracks want you to stay 60 days after the claim and not race that horse anywhere else. I get that. But now you can’t enter YOUR horse that YOU paid for with YOUR money in the class that you want. Yes that is what the Hoosier race secretary is saying. So if you claim one for 20k and you want to race in a 50k claimer, you cannot do it. You can only raise up two levels or lower two levels. Can you actually believe this shit. So not only after you invest your own money, you now have to deal with management telling you where you can and cannot enter. How is this possible that they are allowed to interfere with your business operations and not get sued? You try talking with anyone and the answer is if you don’t like it then go race someplace else. Also you cannot sell the horse for 60 days either. So anyone who is thinking about claiming at Hoosier, don’t do it. You have to allow them to use your horse where they feel he’s competitive or needed. Can’t race at a different track, cant sell and can’t race in the class you want to race after you paid for the horse. Any of your horseploppers who are thinking about coming to hoosier to claim a horse don’t bother. They don’t want your business or any new owners coming here.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 08:25:05 PM by Maria Howard/Plano »
I am Rick's adopted second wife. No disrespect to MaryAnn, but we both love Rick. From coast to coast, not a better driver or trainer alive then Rich Plano!!!

Maria Howard/Plano

• NW-1
  • 40 Years as a groom in the Rick Plano barn #1
Re: Can any1 explain these fucking claiming rules at Hoosier?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2023, 08:28:35 PM »
Oh yeah and if the race secretary doesn’t write the race, or it doesn’t fill, you’re still fucked. So if you claim a horse and there isn’t a race written or the race doesn’t fill, you are expected to just keep paying the bills and wait because you can’t do a thing about it. FUCK YOU HOOSIER!!!
I am Rick's adopted second wife. No disrespect to MaryAnn, but we both love Rick. From coast to coast, not a better driver or trainer alive then Rich Plano!!!

PineHurstPacer

• Top Claimer
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2023, 08:38:44 PM »
Say he is a total crook or the most honest horseman in the game.....I have no idea and don't care.....

but Hoosier is the last track I would be looking to race a claimer with Tyler George present

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2023, 09:21:59 PM »
Say he is a total crook or the most honest horseman in the game.....I have no idea and don't care.....

but Hoosier is the last track I would be looking to race a claimer with Tyler George present
You got that right and Tyler tells that race secretary what to do and he does it. Horrible drivers colony and nothing more than B track racing. Lots of politics between those B drivers and average trainers. I’ll tell you one thing. There is no way that race secretary would tell me what class I can or can’t enter my horse in. Now there is no way they can enforce some kinda rule like that.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 09:23:39 PM by Larry Bird Boy »
Johnny Johnson fucked up Chicago harness racing. I hope you die !!!!

hasbeen

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2023, 09:35:31 PM »
Rucker was telling my friend that Peine hasn't a clue about how to be a race secretary. "Amateur hour" was what he said. Peine was a useless horseman here 30 years ago. Victor Pegues + Gary O'Brien were better.
well, it's game over here at Maywood. thanks johnny Johnston for giving us fans the shaft!

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2023, 09:36:57 PM »
Rucker was telling my friend that Peine hasn't a clue about how to be a race secretary. "Amateur hour" was what he said. Peine was a useless horseman here 30 years ago. Victor Pegues + Gary O'Brien were better.
Wrong prime. The guy your talking about was Jeff LeVine but Hoosier race secretary is his son scott. He’s a real ahole and nothing like his dad.

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2023, 12:13:31 AM »
Sometimes it pays to read the fine print before setting up shop! At times you will find that you can benefit, other times you won't! No regulations should be a problem if are thorough. Attention to details in this game,is what separates the winners and loosers!

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2023, 01:06:10 AM »
Sometimes it pays to read the fine print before setting up shop! At times you will find that you can benefit, other times you won't! No regulations should be a problem if are thorough. Attention to details in this game,is what separates the winners and loosers!
I agree but how can anyone tell you how to run your business. I mean I think of it like this. If I buy a business like a dry cleaners how can anyone tell me how much to charge to dry clean a shirt or pair of pants. I mean claiming a horse is like buying a business. I would think it’s very wrong for the race secretary tell you what class you can or can’t enter them at. That’s just plain wrong in my opinion.

Meadow Ford

• Open / FFA
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2023, 11:02:15 AM »
Can someone explain to this old horse trainer just why you would claim a horse and want to then enter it up three or more classes?
Seams to me the race sec is
(A)  Saving you from yourself.
(B) Saving his own butt by not allowing a non competive horse to clog up a race.
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2023, 11:29:08 AM »
Please go and read all the condition sheets in North America today. The race secretaries tell you how they will do their business at each track!!  That simple. Don’t like the rules, don’t race there!

Miguel_Sanchez

• Open / FFA
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2023, 11:33:56 AM »
Meadows I believe still requires you to raise one class when you claim for two weeks.  SCD will not allow you to drop horse a class if the horse was 1,2,3.  Each track has there own rules.  I to think it's bullshit that they can dictate where you race your horse but they will hide behind there private property rights. 

That being said I do question why you would claim one for 20k and want to jump to a 50K?  That screams "we are loading this thing up and the other trainer is complete idiot"

dinkadoo

• Elite
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2023, 11:34:44 AM »
I’ve seen horses get claimed multiple weeks fir the same price week after week. Hmmm

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2023, 11:42:38 AM »
The number of people that fail to learn the nuances from track to track is mind boggling. Some tracks allow for things that others don't,and vice-versa!Don't operate your business with your eyes wide shut,or you could get "claimed out"!

Miguel_Sanchez

• Open / FFA
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2023, 11:43:22 AM »
They may have changed but back in the day lumpy tom leisure made you jump one class when you claimed.

Dingus

• Open / FFA
Re: Can any1 explain these fucking claiming rules at Hoosier?-
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2023, 12:16:12 PM »
They may have changed but back in the day lumpy tom leisure made you jump one class when you claimed.

Back in the day, in the tbreds, you had to raise the horse 20% in claiming price.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal