Author Topic: Can any1 explain these fucking claiming rules at Hoosier?  (Read 3694 times)

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
Re: Can any1 explain these fucking claiming rules at Hoosier?
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2023, 10:46:38 PM »
Should only be 30 days to begin with like it used to be. Not saying this is worthy of the Supreme Court, but I do wonder if an arbitrary rule this would pass constitutional muster if challenged in court. May also be in violation of restraint of trade laws.
Thank you ! Finally someone who gets it. I keep saying to myself I do know the concern of a horse shortage if someone comes in with big money and claims horses and leaves immediately for another track. But to tell me I can’t sell my horse or what class to enter in I have a BIG problem with. That has to maybe be race tampering or fixing by not allowing a person who is flooding the 60 day rule but not being allowed to enter in the class of their choice. Seems like race fixing or highly illegal but what do I know?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 10:49:06 PM by Larry Bird Boy »
Johnny Johnson fucked up Chicago harness racing. I hope you die !!!!

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2023, 10:56:02 PM »
When I was an owner in NJ we were charged sales tax if during the year it was a horse claimed for the first time. What most of us did was if charged tax we would drop into claimers like $50-$60K and put a price tag on the horse to cover the tax. Example claim a horse for $50K drop in the next time for $54,000. You would hope higher price horses entered for $60K so we didn’t get post 9 or 10.
That was a great strategy. But how do you feel about after=you claim a horse being told what class to race him at or tuff shut? That is the one that I really don’t understand how the race secretary can get away with. I look at it like you buy a restaurant and the city coming in and telling you that you cannot charge $5 for a slice of pizza. I’m like wtf? How can they allow any race secretary to interfere with their business investments?

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2023, 01:17:20 AM »
When I was an owner in NJ we were charged sales tax if during the year it was a horse claimed for the first time. What most of us did was if charged tax we would drop into claimers like $50-$60K and put a price tag on the horse to cover the tax. Example claim a horse for $50K drop in the next time for $54,000. You would hope higher price horses entered for $60K so we didn’t get post 9 or 10.
Yup. That was the MO in those days.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2023, 01:17:52 AM »
Thank you ! Finally someone who gets it. I keep saying to myself I do know the concern of a horse shortage if someone comes in with big money and claims horses and leaves immediately for another track. But to tell me I can’t sell my horse or what class to enter in I have a BIG problem with. That has to maybe be race tampering or fixing by not allowing a person who is flooding the 60 day rule but not being allowed to enter in the class of their choice. Seems like race fixing or highly illegal but what do I know?
tmbz1 tmbz1

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2023, 07:32:14 PM »
So, I am an owner and race horses at e.g. Northeast tracks (Yonkers, Meadowlands, Plainridge, Pocono etc.)  I claim a horse at Hoosier.  How are they going to stop me from racing that horse at another track within 60 days??  Is this reciprocal?  Will Scott Warren tell me I can't race at the Meadowlands??

The reason why it is 60 days now instead of 30 days is because the racetracks could have a shortage of horses if claimed horses left immediately.  When Delaware put in slots years ago, the meadowlands was bombarded with the same problem that is going on today. Only today it isn’t as bad as it was in the past.

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2023, 07:46:22 PM »
That was a great strategy. But how do you feel about after=you claim a horse being told what class to race him at or tuff shut? That is the one that I really don’t understand how the race secretary can get away with. I look at it like you buy a restaurant and the city coming in and telling you that you cannot charge $5 for a slice of pizza. I’m like wtf? How can they allow any race secretary to interfere with their business investments?

Generally it is not the race secretary. It is written into the rules of racing from the commission. They changed the rules too where you had to raise them up in some jurisdictions because some do gooders got congress people ears and made them believe the rent a horse thing was bad for horses

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2023, 08:49:25 PM »
Generally it is not the race secretary. It is written into the rules of racing from the commission. They changed the rules too where you had to raise them up in some jurisdictions because some do gooders got congress people ears and made them believe the rent a horse thing was bad for horses
Again I have no problem with the raising up but Hoosier is the only place that won’t allow you to raise up or lower any more than two levels. Now where is that bullshit coming from? I should be able to raise up twenty levels if that’s what I want to do. And I should be able to lower a 40k claimed to 5k claimed if that’s what I want to do. This shit is ridiculous and it’s race fixing in my opinion and also interfering with my bus8ness investment.

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2023, 09:37:09 PM »
Again I have no problem with the raising up but Hoosier is the only place that won’t allow you to raise up or lower any more than two levels. Now where is that bullshit coming from? I should be able to raise up twenty levels if that’s what I want to do. And I should be able to lower a 40k claimed to 5k claimed if that’s what I want to do. This shit is ridiculous and it’s race fixing in my opinion and also interfering with my bus8ness investment.

why are you worried you own  nothin u fckin idiot
« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 10:05:21 PM by LUCPARK »
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2023, 11:23:12 PM »
why are you worried you own  nothin u fckin idiot
That’s not quite right. I own 50% of two horses with Gaskin. You on the other hand own 5-7% of 9 horses with overhiser putting up all of the dough. Don’t get it twisted my friend I don’t flap my jaws and act like a big shit used car salesmen. Grow the fuck you midget ass clown

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2023, 06:35:14 AM »
How many horses have you ever seen that could move up more than 2 levels and be competitive first start?

Meadow Ford

• Open / FFA
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2023, 10:01:02 AM »
I should be able to raise up twenty levels if that’s what I want to do. And I should be able to lower a 40k claimed to 5k claimed if that’s what I want to do.
Do you or anyone also feel that way about qualifying races?
Like the flats, should the trainer be able to enter anytime he thinks the horse is ready?
 I know this has been brought up at USTA meetings.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2023, 10:04:56 AM by Meadow Ford »
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2023, 10:09:56 AM »
Like the flats, should the trainer be able to enter anytime he thinks the horse is ready?
I do. If the trainer enters the horse short or not ready, well then he is wasting his time and the owners money. I dont feel he is truly hurting anyone else.

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2023, 12:31:17 PM »
I do. If the trainer enters the horse short or not ready, well then he is wasting his time and the owners money. I dont feel he is truly hurting anyone else.
And unfortunately done poor sap is going to get screwed betting on them

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2023, 01:28:21 PM »
I only meant entering them "unready" to qualify

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2023, 05:54:17 PM »
Most places I watch the flats have to have an official workout before racing. No different than a qualifier

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal