Author Topic: Looking for advice on harness racing  (Read 13694 times)

slivercharm

• Elite
Re: Looking for advice on harness racing
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2019, 07:10:02 PM »
Wow a troll generated a lot of buzz people must be board to think it’s a real poster
gonna start a syndicate betting balmoral, who wants to invest?

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2019, 07:22:29 PM »
Thanks for making me laugh today piggy!!
tmbz1

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2019, 07:23:57 PM »
October 26 .27
Bring 50 grand
We can go partners on colt and filly
Hoosier sale.

REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Buckjohnson

• NW-1
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2019, 08:21:13 PM »
One of the first things my trainer told me when i got in the business is it cost just as much to feed a cheap horse as good one. Buy good stock and stick to the slot states and there is still money to be made. High End claimer and as well NW with state sired stock go for good money and competition not to tough. If and when slots decrease or percentages change time to think about a new hobby or career. Still plenty of decent trainers out there that you can trust.

Swale84

• NW-1
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2019, 05:03:12 PM »
Swale...No offense but why would u switch from tbreds to harness??

I just want to try something different.  And I have really grown a strong fondness of the Standardbred breed.  They are a lot more fun to work around than Thoroughbreds.  I'm at a crossroads in my horse career.  I can either go back to Thoroughbreds, stick to horse farm work, or give up horses altogether....nei ther of which I want to do.  I've always been a casual fan of harness racing and after having worked with some Standardbreds for the last year, I've started to follow the sport more closely.  Maybe I'm having a midlife crisis, but I want to work with Standardbreds.... learn how to jog and train them...hopefully working my way up to 2nd trainer or something.   

RWB

• Top Claimer
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2019, 05:13:08 PM »
So you've worked with standardbreds for the past year but you're looking for advice.  It sounds like bullshit to me.

I've been fucking this girl for the past year but I'm not sure if it feels good or not.  Please help.  Any advice?

Swale84

• NW-1
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2019, 07:40:53 PM »
So you've worked with standardbreds for the past year but you're looking for advice.  It sounds like bullshit to me.

I've been fucking this girl for the past year but I'm not sure if it feels good or not.  Please help.  Any advice?

I've worked with 'some' Standardbreds in a farm setting...a few STB mares resided at the farm I most recently worked at...

Rabbi Of Racing

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2019, 07:51:53 PM »
Swale,run as fast as you can away from harness racing,you have been warned,God Bless and good luck

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2019, 11:50:06 PM »

ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

CLASSIC tmbz1
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

caddy

• Stakes Horse
  • vienerschnitzel
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2019, 01:30:40 AM »
One of the first things my trainer told me when i got in the business is it cost just as much to feed a cheap horse as good one. Buy good stock and stick to the slot states and there is still money to be made. High End claimer and as well NW with state sired stock go for good money and competition not to tough. If and when slots decrease or percentages change time to think about a new hobby or career. Still plenty of decent trainers out there that you can trust.

if your inquiry is sort of legit  <>  this post is on the point.  Now, as I say that, I still cannot resist a fallen from grace racer at a bargain basement $$$.  But, truth is, all exp. are same on a lo-ender or an open pacer.  So, try to move up a class or two.   Get a cool hat to wear, that's quite important.  AND, then - take a look at the trainers in your market - call 'em up.  You'll connect with one of them  -  well, unless you're a real dweeb.  Then get a smart looking sweater and bell bottom pants.  Did I mention you should have a feather  (like a pheasant feather!!) in the hat.  Last of all, get a good pair of alligator skin loafers.  I think that about covers it.

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2019, 07:15:37 PM »
Ok, so, whats your point?

Yes of course it costs the same to feed a "cheap" horse as it does a "good" one....

But, according to that thinking Michael Jordan was a "cheap" one and I think we can all agree he was pretty damn good!!

How was Jordan a cheap one? A NC standout ngc3

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2019, 10:36:44 AM »
if you just want to say cheese ,just go to the winners circle ,walk in and get your photo taken and by the photo,you will realize saying cheese is over rated

MR.DALRAE

• Living Legend
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2019, 02:36:48 PM »
JUST CALL JOSH,,,IF YOU CAN FIND HIM

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2019, 04:52:48 PM »
Listen to carnival people, I too am 70+ and retired, I started in the 60's and had a great time, 7 days a week. No life away from racing. Made great money, no life away from racing. Trained and drove, had some nice horses.  Luckily my wife also had a good job and we saved money for retirement. Most horsemen and women never retire, they die at the track or a county home some where. We made sure our 2 children stayed as far away as we could keep them. They still thank me for that. Save yourself, Find another profession. Just remember if you are a trainer your horses  need to win 1 million in purses for you to make 50k a yr, unless you own them.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Calhoun: Diddy say All's Good.  I'm happy this brother set free
    March 27, 2024, 11:57:59 AM
  • Unclejerry: Dr, Poopenstein was really P.Diddy
    March 27, 2024, 10:08:00 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: P. Diddle aint coming back here EVER!
    March 27, 2024, 07:54:44 AM
  • Calhoun: Damn.. P Diddy on the run .. That young puzzy be costing him.
    March 26, 2024, 08:08:38 AM
  • Calhoun: Closing Day .. Red Mile Quarter Horse
    March 26, 2024, 08:07:25 AM
  • Mazola: ngc3
    March 25, 2024, 10:00:52 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: thet're sisters
    March 25, 2024, 09:04:44 PM
  • Mazola: I heard that he is somehow related to Blutarsky but I can't believe that.
    March 25, 2024, 07:31:04 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal