Author Topic: THE STABLE CA..OPEN HOUSE INVITES DUBE  (Read 31147 times)

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
Re: THE STABLE CA..OPEN HOUSE INVITES DUBE
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 05:55:12 PM »
I THINK ANTHONY IS DOIN A GREAT JOB INTRODUCING NEW OWNERS TO HARNESS

..,,SMALL PART OF A HORSE AND NOBODY GETS HURT.,.

ITS A NEW WAY TO SHOW PEOPLE HARNESS

ITS NOT FOR EVERYONE BUT

AT LEAST HEZ TRYIN TO MOVE HARNESS ALONG TO THE NEXT GENERATION

PurpleSheetPicks

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2019, 07:46:26 PM »
I THINK ANTHONY IS DOIN A GREAT JOB INTRODUCING NEW OWNERS TO HARNESS

..,,SMALL PART OF A HORSE AND NOBODY GETS HURT.,.

ITS A NEW WAY TO SHOW PEOPLE HARNESS

ITS NOT FOR EVERYONE BUT

AT LEAST HEZ TRYIN TO MOVE HARNESS ALONG TO THE NEXT GENERATION

If people are like you and dont give a damn about losing money then yes

hoosierboy

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2019, 09:16:21 PM »
Dube for president

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2019, 09:35:20 PM »
like anything  buyer beware and do your own checking
here is the thing, they buy low or moderately priced yearlings
a few actually work out  very well
if you are lucky enough to have picked up shares in those great, if you picked the other 90% that dont make it or race at B  tracks than not so great

PurpleSheetPicks

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2019, 10:24:35 AM »
a major flaw seems to be that they would rather race in a big race at big odds for publicity then a smaller race where they may fit better

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2019, 07:49:00 PM »
Mike Campbell to name a few they had Lawmaker who broke in the Hambo but was a nice PA sire horse that did some damage. They recently sold the horse overseas. They had a Indiana bred a Swan for All who was sold for 1.0mln last year. There first year they had a horse Charlie something that did well and was sold. So you don't need a champion on the track that gets syndicated. Also last year his 2 year olds in ON and in NA all went to different trainers. So he isn't collecting a training bill once they are off to race. Anthony did take up most of the drives in PA and OH. They had good success in OH with yearling purchased that werent expensive and won many sire races. Had a couple in the sire finals for trotters and pacers. Along with PA. White Tiger last year was really good at 2. Having some trouble getting going at 3 however. They by very few above the 40k price. They buy a lot under 20k. They have a talent 2 yr pa filly by SK. She will be a standout this summer.

Zookeeper

• NW-1
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2019, 09:53:15 PM »
This scheme of the Stable. Ca is about to come to an end. Anthony is about to have to answer some very tough questions.
1. Billing, why does he still charge his $80+  a day when he farms horses iut to other trainers who charge less?
2. Shipping is atrocious, something like $250 per horse to ship to the track. Short drive here in Ohio, $250X3=$750?
3. What exactly is a $49.95 racing fee?
4. Bills out all travel expenses for him & his family for him to “drive” in various  locals....flights, rental cars, meals...none of these things where ever laid iut before hand.
5.Staking  continues to spends Thousands of $$ on horses that shouldn’t even be sire staked, let alone grand circuit.
6. Accountability... Has zero, i i mean zero fontact witj the majority of the horses under his control. All a smoke & mirror show.

Swandre

• Top Claimer
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2019, 10:36:59 PM »
This scheme of the Stable. Ca is about to come to an end. Anthony is about to have to answer some very tough questions.
1. Billing, why does he still charge his $80+  a day when he farms horses iut to other trainers who charge less?
2. Shipping is atrocious, something like $250 per horse to ship to the track. Short drive here in Ohio, $250X3=$750?
4. Bills out all travel expenses for him & his family for him to “drive” in various  locals....flights, rental cars, meals...none of these things where ever laid iut before hand.
5.Staking  continues to spends Thousands of $$ on horses that shouldn’t even be sire staked, let alone grand circuit.
6. Accountability... Has zero, i i mean zero fontact witj the majority of the horses under his control. All a smoke & mirror show.

wrong

Zookeeper

• NW-1
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2019, 11:02:54 PM »
wrong

Total fact...
6. Also in hot water with the USTA & Standardbred Canada. Stable horses can be bought, sold & traded, rarely are ownership papers updated causing false ownerships.
7. Owes $ to several farms/breeders. Time to pay the piper.
Etc,Etc

PurpleSheetPicks

• Elite
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2019, 02:03:07 AM »
his bills are out of this world high
going to be alot of VERY unhappy campers shortly
except of course anthony after training bills on 160 horses for 2 years plus

just a questiion to other trainers...
would you charge your owners a partial training bill in a month that the horse died?

Swandre

• Top Claimer
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2019, 08:44:54 AM »

Total fact...
6. Also in hot water with the USTA & Standardbred Canada. Stable horses can be bought, sold & traded, rarely are ownership papers updated causing false ownerships.
7. Owes $ to several farms/breeders. Time to pay the piper.
Etc,Etc

you’re incorrect

Purple Lavern

• Elite
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2019, 09:11:41 AM »
Just to add my 2 cents- I do agree with some of the issues regarding excessive staking and probably some upset clients
due to some poor performance & horse injuries..but really no different then what I have seen at other barns..Horses get hurt..
Not many people make money & if you are buying 3% of a horse, you have no say to where/when that horse races  (although can still have opinion)..

I will disagree with some of the points as anytime I have bought or sold shares, they have been all over that in terms of updating the
ownership records..

GIMME SOME MONEY..I am looking for pound notes, loosee change, bad checks, anything..

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2019, 09:33:50 AM »

I think its a good way for new owners to get into the game

they wont no money ,.,except for Anthony

but its a decent idea,

few ploppers are in the stable,,

lets see what happens this yr,,McDonald has a lot of horses..

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2019, 11:25:13 AM »

People who worry about how other people spend their own money are either broke or competing for that cash.

So what?

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Michael Petrelli: WNBA should just copy the Haness Racing business model. State welfare.
    April 19, 2024, 07:42:20 PM
  • Unclejerry: If Joe is so concerned about Katlen Clarks salary, why dont he buy a ticket for an WNBA game?
    April 18, 2024, 06:23:45 PM
  • Calhoun: Meadowlands just sent me email .. there's a P-8 Carryover ... $1,800 ... That changes everything ngc3
    April 18, 2024, 04:53:05 PM
  • Calhoun: Kirby crossed the Delaware before George Washington to make sure it was safe.  True story 100%
    April 18, 2024, 02:39:12 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Kirby's Ace the most trusted individual in harness racing... at least in his mind. ngc3
    April 18, 2024, 09:32:43 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Only loose ends are the entrails of Delaware residents.
    April 18, 2024, 09:27:22 AM
  • Kirby's Ace: Hopefully Admon is cleaning up loose ands and you know what that means!
    April 17, 2024, 11:26:37 PM
  • Unclejerry: COCK-A-DODDLE-DO is the rooster in a pile of PLOP
    April 17, 2024, 11:11:47 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal