Author Topic: thestable.ca  (Read 67037 times)

xyz

• Open / FFA
Re: thestable.ca
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2017, 07:42:18 PM »

Hahahaha, you're talkin bout a guy who would buy cheap horses off the McFaddens and hikin em up bigtime. Makes Monte Gelrod look like a saint.

I thought we were talking about a horse bought at a public auction in Harrisburg?

firebolt

• 4 claimer
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2017, 09:23:33 PM »
Clotol or vodka

Purple Lavern

• Elite
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2017, 09:55:43 PM »
Doesn't seem to be very transparent with the financials.

How can you take home a yearling from |Harrisburg for 13k (not even paid for) and piece out at 39k a month later?

How come if I'm in real estate or the financial market, even a novice investor can access historical pricing data. Not so much in the harness industry.

Just ask Cirillo about AMac LOL. Changing horses name and winning OSS Gold Events when told horse would never race.

the financials are 100% transparent...the market decides the horses price..
I can buy a share for $250 & ask $2,500 a month later but doesn't mean I will get it..A share is only worth what someone will pay for it..& based on watching the training miles etc..it is not uncommon for the prices to move both ways..

If he buys a horse for $15,000- each share is $150 to start..There is ZERO mark up...I know exactly what he pays for each horse..

Again, each person has the right to believe or not in the concept but to spread bs for the sake of it is just wrong.
I have brought 3 new owners into the game over the past year & hopefully 2 more by end of the year.
Met some great people who love the sport like myself...could not be happier with thestable.ca
GIMME SOME MONEY..I am looking for pound notes, loosee change, bad checks, anything..

SoulAssassin

• Top Claimer
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2017, 10:24:06 PM »
I can buy a share for $250 & ask $2,500 a month later but doesn't mean I will get it..A share is only worth what someone will pay for it..& based on watching the training miles etc..it is not uncommon for the prices to move both ways..

If he buys a horse for $15,000- each share is $150 to start..There is ZERO mark up...I know exactly what he pays for each horse..

Again, each person has the right to believe or not in the concept but to spread bs for the sake of it is just wrong.
I have brought 3 new owners into the game over the past year & hopefully 2 more by end of the year.
Met some great people who love the sport like myself...could not be happier with thestable.ca

like he said in his statement hes lookin to bring more trainers into the stable. going to need some new ones to take over for amy. if things were transparent he would address the 6 other hot tests hes been associated with and stop calling it contamination and call it what it is a bad test

Purple Lavern

• Elite
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2017, 10:30:59 PM »
like he said in his statement hes lookin to bring more trainers into the stable. going to need some new ones to take over for amy. if things were transparent he would address the 6 other hot tests hes been associated with and stop calling it contamination and call it what it is a bad test

yawwnnnn

everyone one of your posts is sour grapes..
GIMME SOME MONEY..I am looking for pound notes, loosee change, bad checks, anything..

SoulAssassin

• Top Claimer
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2017, 10:40:19 PM »
yawwnnnn

or undisputable facts however you wish to look at it.

Sue Lorella

• NW-1
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2017, 10:46:52 PM »
yawwnnnn

LOOKS LIKE SOLE ASSASSIN NEEDS A NAP.  HE CAN YUSE MY BENCH.  SOME BIRDS TUK A DEUCE ON IT NEWAY.
Ambassador Of Benches East Madagascar.  Coming to Benchmonton

Brkn Headpole

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2017, 09:23:21 AM »

I wish you the best of luck. I didn't say the concept itself isn't good.

However, when the Harrisburg sale was over they put up a list of yearlings to buy into and using 1.40 as the exchange rate (spot rate 1.3541 day of) there were a few that were really marked up. I tried finding the page using the wayback google archive. A friend and I remarked how their value could change that much.

That's beyond the arbitrary value placed on them in the first place. The underbidder set the true price for them.

Anyways, I was looking on the website. It only mentions "fees" charged to your monthly bill, not a certain set charge for services rendered. For example, shipping to Georgian, New York, PA etc. I thought the point of the syndicate was to have more cost certainty, I don't see it. What about shoeing, paddocks?

And so your telling me the only way for me to cash out is to have the horse race well and someone will pay me more for my share on the secondary market. Unlike if I own the horse whole I receive the purse cheques and pay the trainer at the end of the month, I am still receiving cash dividends along the way.

I know that you shouldn't totally look at investing in racehorses as a monetary thing, there are side benefits like entertainment, seeing and jogging your horse, etc etc. but I'm still looking for some type of return on capital bc eventually someone will be caught holding the bag and their shares will be worthless while the purse earnings will be eaten in bills so there never will be a distribution of earnings.

I have a friend who got out the biz and he's had 2-3 world champs but eventually he got tired of losing 3-400k a year trying to beat the juice monkies and he says the game has lost its social appeal...

Dan Clements ran a fractional ownership group about a decade ago. It started out well but went downhill when they tried to price their homebreds well above market value and not many turned out on the track.

So if you're getting a fair deal, I have no problem with that. I just know whats been done in the past and remind people about the wolf in sheeps clothing.

Powerful Patricks Ghost

« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2017, 10:44:12 AM »
The fractional ownership idea is really interesting if you literally treat it like an exchange. It wouldn't be hard to set up a site or app where you could buy shares of a horse with a bid/ask spread like any other type of security. There are likely problems to arise (regulations,taxes, etc.) with that but someone with the time/money could theoretically set it up.

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2017, 09:40:37 AM »
For the people wanting to say AMac wouldn't preface a maiden 2yr old check out the website this $13000 yearling is advertised at a full price of $82,500 ($825) per share!!! I think there is some incentive to cheat here

wiggles44

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2017, 05:32:09 AM »
For the people wanting to say AMac wouldn't preface a maiden 2yr old check out the website this $13000 yearling is advertised at a full price of $82,500 ($825) per share!!! I think there is some incentive to cheat here

ngc3

Powerful Patricks Ghost

« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2017, 08:28:33 PM »
Race 3 Friday night; or, why letting Anthony McDonald drive is like setting your money on fire.

wiggles44

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2017, 10:54:07 PM »
Race 3 Friday night; or, why letting Anthony McDonald drive is like setting your money on fire.

http://youtu.be/lqBrB6MdytU

http://youtu.be/5j5m9Vo0NCs

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2017, 12:02:27 AM »
Wow, what a display
Hope those were his own horses he gutted
Probably going for a $800 purse to boot
If you drive that poorly you should have to get out of the bike and lead the horse back for the last quarter mile, the poor thing should not have to pull the idiot in after being abused line that

wiggles44

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2017, 05:23:37 AM »

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Calhoun: Some White Boy Diddy gave a ride to got popped for Coke and Edibles.
    Today at 03:24:42 PM
  • Papillon: TMZ tracked Puff Daddy in Antigua, the West Indies. I don't think he is coming back.
    Today at 12:49:49 PM
  • The Thorn: Alligning oneself with the Puff Diddler is probably not a politically correct move at this point
    Today at 12:36:34 PM
  • Janny: I guess Diddy found out it’s not easy Pimpin.
    Today at 10:57:29 AM
  • Calhoun: Diddy say All's Good.  I'm happy this brother set free
    March 27, 2024, 11:57:59 AM
  • Unclejerry: Dr, Poopenstein was really P.Diddy
    March 27, 2024, 10:08:00 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: P. Diddle aint coming back here EVER!
    March 27, 2024, 07:54:44 AM
  • Calhoun: Damn.. P Diddy on the run .. That young puzzy be costing him.
    March 26, 2024, 08:08:38 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal