Author Topic: anthony just keeps robbing his owners  (Read 67466 times)

Calhoun

• Elite
Re: anthony just keeps robbing his owners
« Reply #195 on: October 03, 2019, 08:35:35 AM »
you guys want the thread to die let it die you guys keep up defending it I'm going to keep attacking it but the people have a right to know what's going on
Oh, Snap.

Bottom Line ... You're just a bitter former customer who didn't do his pre-buy due diligence on what your costs would be.  How can that be given your self-proclaimed superior horse business acumen?

You didn't ask the right questions?

You got too busy reinvesting your pantload of profits to notice?

You got bamboozled?

And when challenged, you come up with "I Dare You To Say That To My Face.  I'm A Boxer."

Child, please.

PurpleSheetPicks

• Elite
« Reply #196 on: October 03, 2019, 03:14:51 PM »
Oh, Snap.

Bottom Line ... You're just a bitter former customer who didn't do his pre-buy due diligence on what your costs would be.  How can that be given your self-proclaimed superior horse business acumen?

You didn't ask the right questions?

You got too busy reinvesting your pantload of profits to notice?

You got bamboozled?

And when challenged, you come up with "I Dare You To Say That To My Face.  I'm A Boxer."

Child, please.

Actually I did ask the costs and I was misled by him as to what they would be so wrong again go spend your time doing something else oh that's right you're not even involved in this business

slivercharm

• Elite
« Reply #197 on: October 03, 2019, 06:17:32 PM »
He is obviously in your head Josh..
Has a great family & many people that appreciate what he is doing..
Not even sure what your point is anymore but as an owner I am amazed at your lack of respect...

Maybe things didn't work out for you personally-so have made that abundantly clear..(ad naseum)...who cares what he buys if people want it they will buy it if not they won't very simple..

& hopefully he took the advice that I gave him about making videos of horses he has no interest in buying & holding back on some he likes.
Nothing wrong with a little misdirection..  He didn't make a video about #69 in Indiana a few years ago either

Lol has a great family

God fucking forbid somebody with a good family does something wrong

This Macdonald Guy is a fucking clown like I said if u give this guy money u deserve to lose it

Anybody who gives this guy money is also a clown
gonna start a syndicate betting balmoral, who wants to invest?

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #198 on: October 03, 2019, 07:24:10 PM »
Actually I did ask the costs and I was misled by him as to what they would be so wrong again go spend your time doing something else oh that's right you're not even involved in this business
Sharp response.

btw, I am involved.  I've made money in 1 of the last 3 years. 

PurpleSheetPicks

• Elite
« Reply #199 on: October 03, 2019, 07:40:25 PM »
Sharp response.

btw, I am involved.  I've made money in 1 of the last 3 years.

so you are an owner???
where do u race....fairs?
hawthorne?

Purple Lavern

• Elite
« Reply #200 on: October 03, 2019, 11:54:24 PM »
Lol has a great family

God fucking forbid somebody with a good family does something wrong

This Macdonald Guy is a fucking clown like I said if u give this guy money u deserve to lose it

Anybody who gives this guy money is also a clown

Good point- don't hurt yourself.. angbk
GIMME SOME MONEY..I am looking for pound notes, loosee change, bad checks, anything..

cornishcommish

• Open / FFA
« Reply #201 on: October 04, 2019, 09:31:57 AM »
Very well explained........ ..........and very objective.  Its nice to read an intelligent post.
 I loved your line "leave with best, finish with the rest"..............tha t is his driving style !

I too, cannot believe, that he spends money travelling to all the tracks, where there are always competent drives  available.  But in the vides he produces before and after the races, his wife and family always seems to be with him.

Two points.........1. I'm sure the total costs of his trips to race, are billed back, and travelling with the family will always cost more............. but if the ownners accept his bills.....not his problem.

And 2......his postings claim that "they"  Anthony and wife, run the busines.  When he travels...why isn't she home running the business??

Ontario has a pretty good Grassroots program.......wit h Finals this Saturday.....2 and 3 year olds, fillies and colts , trotters and pacers........... ..10 entrants in each.    Uness I'm mistaken...I didn't see even one of Anthonys in there

slivercharm

• Elite
« Reply #202 on: October 04, 2019, 09:47:12 AM »
Good point- don't hurt yourself.. angbk

Typical fuck face response
gonna start a syndicate betting balmoral, who wants to invest?

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #203 on: October 04, 2019, 09:59:52 AM »
so he is not the only guy doing this
how about landmark and vip
whats their deal, how do they differ
just curious

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #204 on: October 04, 2019, 10:15:58 AM »
BUYIN INTO SHARES IS A NO WIN SITUATION

JUST MY OPINION..

IF SOMEONE IS NOT WITHA SHARES TRAINER ,,WHY BITCH ABOUT

IT..

..MOVE ON,,

IVE NEVER BITCHED OR PUT DOWN  ABOUT ANY MY 3 PAST TRAINERS ,,JUST THREE IN 18 YRS,,

,,,2 ARE HALL OF FAME THE OTHER PROB WILL BE TOO

GOOD DAY

SHARES ARE NOT FOR EVERYONE,,

GOOD DAY

ANTHONY MAC IS NOT A HALL OF FAME TRAINER

tmbz1
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #205 on: October 04, 2019, 10:30:20 AM »
golfhbm
my question was just for all to consider
I was just curious if these issues are consistent with other fractional share groups or just specific to the stable .ca
 i dont have any information on them
appreciate your insight on the stable.ca as you seem well informed on that group

marsh99

• NW-1
« Reply #206 on: October 04, 2019, 10:51:39 AM »
Thank you for the reply. 2 comments I would like to make:
1. When his family travels with him they should not be added to expenses, only his at best even though in all my years I have never been billed for expenses to go to a sale

To me, this is what could really hurt this endeavor. The perception that he is traveling on the company dime with his family when he continues to preach value. If people begin to feel like his actions and his words are not in alignment, especially when he constantly preaches value, then people will begin to question everything. He is onto something here; people are not just buying what he is selling, they are buying the why as well. If they begin to question his motives, then all he has is a product that has had some modest success, but in general, is a flawed product overall where very few horses ever reach the highs no matter who the trainer is.

I do hope it all works out though. I have no ill will towards him and applaud him for taking a chance with a new model. But he's entering a phase where he started saying how affordable it could be, then marketed it as entertainment, then as value, and now seems to be adding fees that other trainers simply don't add, which seems to contradict that philosophy. The real sad thing will be that if this thing doesn't work, it is so high profile that the negative will be amplified as much as social media has spread the message in a positive way.

PurpleSheetPicks

• Elite
« Reply #207 on: October 04, 2019, 11:31:30 AM »
I am not trying to start an argument but hope to deal with facts, not emotions. I have been involved in harness racing for over 45 years and have followed this thread form the start. I personally know 3 people involved with Anthony...2 in partnerships and 1 is a sole owner. from what I have been able to gather here is what I know or at least believe:

1. Based on his monthly rate ($25.75 per 1%) plus vet, shoeing, stakes, shipping, driver/trainer% HST, etc. it would seem that it would seem like 35K would be a fir figure to get a 2 year old thru Anthony's season (November-September)
2. In 2018 he had between 50-55 2 year olds but in 2019 he has only 12 3 year olds....pretty poor percentage of success
3. It would seem that rather than buy 50 $20,000 yearlings investors might be better off with 20 $50,000 yearlings but that poses a problem for Anthony. One it is harder to sell 1% at $500.00 than $200.00 but more importantly  Anthony makes WAY more money with 50 yearlings than 20.
4. Why do people pay Anthony's training fee when in fact he rarely, if ever, sits behind your horse. If he was an A or even a B trainer, maybe, but he should quit trying to be Ron Burke. On that note, Burke in some shape or form has skin in most of his yearlings, Anthony has none.
5. To cut expenses further he should use local top drivers rather than him drive/fly to drive the horse. In my opinion his driving style is leave with the best but finish with the rest.
6. At the current Lexington sale sale he bought a yearling for 22K and then proceeded to say that he thought the horse was worth 70K-80K thereby making his case for buyin value (his favorite word) Sorry but with all the top trainers and owners at this sale only 1 of 2 explanations are valid: A. Everybody felt sorry for Anthony and let him buy the underpriced yearling or B. The horse was not worth more than 20K except in Anthony's eyes...NO one lets a 70-80K yearling sell for 22K but he like to impress that he finds bargains.
7. Also I find it strange, but it happens at every sale he goes to that he posts 50-60 videos but buys none of these. I know some people believe that he is trying to throw off other buyers but based on his track record who cares what he thinks
8. At every sale Anthony is looking to buy yearlings, good or bad because the bottom line is that the more he has the more $$$$$ he makes as Anthony is the ONLY person guaranteed to make $$$ and much of it
9. In closing his concept has some value but not the way he is doing it otherwise why would more of the top trainers be doing the same thing..reason is that he can attract $200 investors but not a $20K investor. Eventually, like most plans like this will come to an end but the sad part is that many people will have a bad taste in their mouth about harness racing.

This guy gets it

You dont have to be a genuis or overly critcial to see he is doing it for profits first.  20 50s are waaaaaay better than 50 20s

PurpleSheetPicks

• Elite
« Reply #208 on: October 04, 2019, 11:36:23 AM »
And this thread isnt even about that. It started eith him not acting in the best interest of his owners with his current horses. And that is the issue. Then his charging to be there was another issue. Then him possibly buying horses just to justify the price of him being there became the 3rd

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #209 on: October 04, 2019, 12:43:12 PM »
And your insight into this matter is well informed and enlightening? Take a nap if it's tiresome.  Mugshot upon request.  AND YOU MADE A PROFIT LAST 2 OUT OF 3YRS, YET WE SEE ZERO EVIDIENCE OF ANY STARTERS ngc3 ngc3 ngc3.  Some of these guys are spot on. tmbz1
You simping dolt.

I never claimed 2 out of 3 years.

Why lie about Calhoun?

I've written about my horses here for years, both with George and vip.

You don't believe me simply because I don't thump my dick when my 5% runs good or gouge out my eyes when i get a bad drive .

Like I give a single fuck what you think. 

Like I give any fucks what you say others think about me.

You are a Shit Shoveler Shift Supervisor.   

Stick with what you know.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like the cool soothing feel.
    May 13, 2024, 07:32:06 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    May 12, 2024, 12:12:11 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes it still offers that same cool sensation.
    May 12, 2024, 09:49:40 AM
  • SwankToliverA: Rooster- ppl still use Noxzema?
    May 11, 2024, 03:34:17 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Nothing a cold hand an Noxema can't cure.
    May 09, 2024, 09:11:36 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal