0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
There's a decent chance that there will be somewhere close to where people travel! It's a shame that pompano closed a few years ago. Quite a few plopsters actually came down here to enjoy the racing and the weather. The same holds true for heading up north! I'll travel to places and even meet to see a new racetrack I haven't seen if someone is close by! Why not.
As far as travelling goes, I live in the Mid-Atlantic, and am not involved in the business, but don't like driving very far unless I have to.
pimlico/laurel (are these still open-not a t-bed person)/rosecroft/Delaware?
Have been to all those tracks, although not recently. Used to drive down to Rosecroft on school nights and the old Georgetown Raceway in Delaware. My sister lives in Maryland.
I always wanted to see Rosecroft. My first horse raced there before I got her and my homebred (her kid) raced there after I lost him via claim! Just not crazy about going near D.C. and the traffic!