Author Topic: I used to go to the harness tracks 5x a week and bet pretty good  (Read 12853 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

rainman2

  • Living Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 27197
Re: I used to go to the harness tracks 5x a week and bet pretty good
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2026, 06:55:41 PM »
No Roosevelt, Freehold, Liberty Bell, but

kentucky Racing????


Gimme a break....

Have u seen these drivers at these kentucky Tracks???

No wonder no one goes to the harness tracks anymore

If there are no stakes races, these drivers compare to quite a few drivers at the c/d racetracks in North America today!
Horseplop isn’t a popularity contest!!

captaintreacherous

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 352
Re: I used to go to the harness tracks 5x a week and bet pretty good
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2026, 05:42:35 PM »
Michigan 1992.             12 Tracks


Michigan 2026                0 Tracks



Yikes

dougie

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2602
Re: I used to go to the harness tracks 5x a week and bet pretty good
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2026, 06:54:57 PM »
Michigan 1992.             12 Tracks


Michigan 2026                0 Tracks



Yikes
New England lost Rockihgham, Foxboro, Suffolk Downs, Green Mountain, Lewiston, Scarborough Downs, Hinsdale, and a few more i'm sure I left out.

Lockedin with Pace

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1554
Re: I used to go to the harness tracks 5x a week and bet pretty good
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2026, 07:01:00 PM »
Brandywine, Liberty Bell, and Garden State was my circuit, had very good racing at one time, all long gone.

andrew

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4390
Re: I used to go to the harness tracks 5x a week and bet pretty good
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2026, 07:10:08 PM »
New England lost Rockihgham, Foxboro, Suffolk Downs, Green Mountain, Lewiston, Scarborough Downs, Hinsdale, and a few more i'm sure I left out.
i been to foxboro and green mountain. drove right by hinsdale but was in a hurry to get home

mtnskipper

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 384
Re: I used to go to the harness tracks 5x a week and bet pretty good
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2026, 07:15:22 PM »
  Hinsdale was fun until the brothers that owned it wouldn't or couldn't pay the simulcast settlement sheets.

JL52

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 444
Re: I used to go to the harness tracks 5x a week and bet pretty good
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2026, 07:21:03 PM »
New England lost Rockihgham, Foxboro, Suffolk Downs, Green Mountain, Lewiston, Scarborough Downs, Hinsdale, and a few more i'm sure I left out.
plus Lincoln Downs,primarily a tbred track, also it had a brief harness meet, and later the dogs. Plus Narragansett, strictly for the tbreds. A host of dog tracks, too, like Seabrook, Belmont ( a dog track in NH), Wonderland, Raynham, Plainfield. Been to all mentioned by Dougie and by me, except Wonderland and Belmont.. Total prob nearing 120 across US and Canada, probably half are long gone.

dougie

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2602
Re: I used to go to the harness tracks 5x a week and bet pretty good
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2026, 07:30:18 PM »
plus Lincoln Downs,primarily a tbred track, also it had a brief harness meet, and later the dogs. Plus Narragansett, strictly for the tbreds. A host of dog tracks, too, like Seabrook, Belmont ( a dog track in NH), Wonderland, Raynham, Plainfield. Been to all mentioned by Dougie and by me, except Wonderland and Belmont.. Total prob nearing 120 across US and Canada, probably half are long gone.
Kind of sad isn't it. The only ones I was never at  Belmont and Lincoln Downs. Today, the old Seabrook dog track is now the "Brook Casino". One of the places I play poker at.

GOAT

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 607
Re: I used to go to the harness tracks 5x a week and bet pretty good
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2026, 09:31:32 PM »
I'm not sure there were ever 12 pari mutual tracks in Michigan? Are you talking TBred and harness? By the way there are several fair harness tracks still going today.

rainman2

  • Living Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 27197
Re: I used to go to the harness tracks 5x a week and bet pretty good
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2026, 09:33:06 AM »
I'm not sure there were ever 12 pari mutual tracks in Michigan? Are you talking TBred and harness? By the way there are several fair harness tracks still going today.
Didn’t they race t-breads/quarterhorses at hazel park too??
Horseplop isn’t a popularity contest!!

dougie

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2602
Re: I used to go to the harness tracks 5x a week and bet pretty good
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2026, 09:36:20 AM »
i been to foxboro and green mountain. drove right by hinsdale but was in a hurry to get home
I used to love going to Foxboro. John Hogan was "the man" there! LOL! My brother lives in Brockton, MA so it was a pretty quick ride there.

rainman2

  • Living Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 27197
Re: I used to go to the harness tracks 5x a week and bet pretty good
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2026, 09:39:18 AM »
Better drivers in Maine right now compared to Kentucky (non stakes race drivers).
Horseplop isn’t a popularity contest!!

andrew

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4390
Re: I used to go to the harness tracks 5x a week and bet pretty good
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2026, 09:55:33 AM »
I used to love going to Foxboro. John Hogan was "the man" there! LOL! My brother lives in Brockton, MA so it was a pretty quick ride there.
when i went to foxboro it was night,, dark driving back into boston. no gps back then. ended up in roxbury [the harlem of nyc]. was happy getting back on track [pun] into fenway square. heyy was young once. loved every minute of it !!

JL52

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 444
Re: I used to go to the harness tracks 5x a week and bet pretty good
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2026, 10:26:13 AM »
Didn’t they race t-breads/quarterhorses at hazel park too??
Def raced tbreds, unsure about the quarters

JL52

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 444
Re: I used to go to the harness tracks 5x a week and bet pretty good
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2026, 10:28:19 AM »
I used to love going to Foxboro. John Hogan was "the man" there! LOL! My brother lives in Brockton, MA so it was a pretty quick ride there.
Never saw Foxboro as a hmt, only when made it a 5/8 but kept the tight hmt turns. Quite a long stretch. Shame how they let the grandstand run down in its final stages, much like Roosevelt Raceway.

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • G: Sweet: Ant would wish your daughters raped by a bunch of niggers then set on fire...I miss him so much!   ngc3  Sweet: Where's MikeAnt when you need him  ngc3  shout out  Sound off ! Sweet: Ant would wish your daughters raped by a bunch of niggers then set on fire...I miss him so much!  ngc3 Today at 10:01:24 AM Sweet: Where's MikeAnt when you need him  ngc3 Today at 09:59:54 AM
    Today at 09:47:15 AM
  • Trigger: At Plop U. my alma mater, the motto is - Flush Your Life Away...II feel I've successfully lived up to it as well as keep up with my student loan interest payments to Rocky directly..shere does that $$$$ go  ngc3
    Today at 08:37:45 AM
  • JL52: JL52
    Today at 08:21:00 AM
  • Trigger: When Plop Admin kills a nigga he stays dead...in Tennessee, Krista Pike was give a lethal injection, then another, which didn't get here dead but snore loudly.  Talk about incompetant cunts...in other news there our beloved Dolly Parton remains deceased.  Guess if you wanna kill someone righy there ask an old woman  ngc3
    Today at 08:01:28 AM
  • wiggles44: Get some rest Mike.  Busy day doing nothing today.   :)
    Today at 07:42:38 AM
  • Trigger: You must receive a prize after saying "dick pic" in this forum 20 times today  ngc3
    September 30, 2026, 11:18:23 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: And put your pecker away you pervert
    September 30, 2026, 11:16:36 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: ngc3
    September 30, 2026, 11:16:12 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal