Author Topic: I can't defend AMac this time  (Read 23221 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Inside The Track

  • Top Claimer
  • ***
  • Posts: 244
Re: I can't defend AMac this time
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2024, 08:30:31 PM »
Wait till next week when he gets nothing with both horses. Net 15,000 plus loss for two weeks. But AMAC knows how to lose money. He got the perfect setup tonight and was lucky to hang on for third.

Liberty Bell

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
Re: I can't defend AMac this time
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2024, 08:38:47 PM »
His horses aren't good enough to win, so the only way he'll get money next week is if leaves and sits on the rail and sucks along for 4th or 5th.

PineHurstPacer

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
Re: I can't defend AMac this time
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2024, 08:41:49 PM »
Wait till next week when he gets nothing with both horses. Net 15,000 plus loss for two weeks. But AMAC knows how to lose money. He got the perfect setup tonight and was lucky to hang on for third.

what about the connections that didn't make the final?


Inside The Track

  • Top Claimer
  • ***
  • Posts: 244
Re: I can't defend AMac this time
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2024, 08:46:45 PM »
Most of the connections that didn't make the final didn't deserve to be in the race. Easy come easy go.

Swandre

  • Top Claimer
  • ***
  • Posts: 246
Re: I can't defend AMac this time
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2024, 09:51:10 AM »
Wait till next week when he gets nothing with both horses. Net 15,000 plus loss for two weeks. But AMAC knows how to lose money. He got the perfect setup tonight and was lucky to hang on for third.

so do you believe the small time owners who have horses racing in breeders crown finals would trade the opportunity to save a few bucks?

Inside The Track

  • Top Claimer
  • ***
  • Posts: 244
Re: I can't defend AMac this time
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2024, 10:28:06 AM »
Just another example AMAC'S Ego versus proper horse management. He has no chance in finals and more than likely will get nothing. A great example of how horses get hurt by racing them where they don't belong. OH I RACED IN THE BREEDERS CROWN big deal.

brownmoose13

  • Top Claimer
  • ***
  • Posts: 232
Re: I can't defend AMac this time
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2024, 11:37:47 AM »
I raced at Garden State in I believe 1986, the purse was $1M against 4 or 5 of Guidas horses. We finished 6th or 7th....guess how many people cared we were in the race. Rather have raced for $1000 and won. The only thing his 1%ers get to do is brag to their friends is that they have a horse in the Breeders Crown, all of who have no idea what they are talking about or could care

Liberty Bell

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
Re: I can't defend AMac this time
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2024, 11:58:28 AM »
Some owners are so attached to their horses, they lose their objectivity and think their horse is better than it really is. They stake their horse to all the big races totally pissing money away when it can earn money in softer races. They figure since they've paid the nomination fees, why not take a shot, and the trainer goes along with them.

JL52

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 445
Re: I can't defend AMac this time
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2024, 02:17:11 PM »
I raced at Garden State in I believe 1986, the purse was $1M against 4 or 5 of Guidas horses. We finished 6th or 7th....guess how many people cared we were in the race. Rather have raced for $1000 and won. The only thing his 1%ers get to do is brag to their friends is that they have a horse in the Breeders Crown, all of who have no idea what they are talking about or could care
Perfect comment

Call Sign Merlin

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 318
Re: I can't defend AMac this time
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2024, 04:26:38 PM »
Just another example AMAC'S Ego versus proper horse management. He has no chance in finals and more than likely will get nothing. A great example of how horses get hurt by racing them where they don't belong. OH I RACED IN THE BREEDERS CROWN big deal.

I don’t think this is fair.  They managed this horse pretty well all year and protected him from knocking heads with the best.  He set a world record at Lexington and went faster than a good portion of this field on the same day.


He didn’t embarrass himself in the elim even though it was obvious he missed Scotty - Amac babied him.  The draw sucks for the connections but I wouldn’t be surprised if he picks up a check.  When you’re going for $600-$700k I’ll take my chance.

Brown jug

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3945
Re: I can't defend AMac this time
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2024, 05:38:37 PM »
you gotta be in it to win it, or at least try for a cheque

Any1Left

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 690
Re: I can't defend AMac this time
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2024, 06:01:19 PM »
He ran last when running for the conservative party as he had no message and had very few votes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Brown jug

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3945
Re: I can't defend AMac this time
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2024, 06:29:18 PM »
just an fyi
 i am sure many of us have horses with other trainers
do we always agree on their driver choice??
do we always agree on where they race them ??
do we like getting billed for their expenses etc

just saying

jupiter

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2477
Re: I can't defend AMac this time
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2024, 06:46:01 PM »
That's why I only had two owners. We did really well, I trained horses, they had real jobs, and were successful. They didn't care if I drove, they always had realistic expectations. I never bullshitted them, If they were junk we got rid of them. If I gave a shitty drive, They knew I already knew it. Sold a lot of nice 3 yr old's. We only raced 1 older horse, he was a pet. Ya gotta have control.

Any1Left

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 690
Re: I can't defend AMac this time
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2024, 06:52:51 PM »
That's why I only had two owners. We did really well, I trained horses, they had real jobs, and were successful. They didn't care if I drove, they always had realistic expectations. I never bullshitted them, If they were junk we got rid of them. If I gave a shitty drive, They knew I already knew it. Sold a lot of nice 3 yr old's. We only raced 1 older horse, he was a pet. Ya gotta have control.
    A really good post and i am quite sure it is honest,,,,,,,,,,,,, YOU sound like the perfect horseman.........

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Kirby's Ace: Relaqx Mike you are going to get a nose bleed again! 73cv.2
    Today at 03:18:07 PM
  • Trigger: Expectations and Feeling Entitled to Explanations...ho w about just have your head chopped off for being animal abusing crooks.  Not one decent person has a problem with that.  You think it won't happen.
    Today at 02:35:32 PM
  • wiggles44: Calm down Mike
    Today at 02:26:41 PM
  • Trigger: Expectations and Felling Entitled to Explanations...ho w about just have your head chopped off for being aimal abusing crooks.
    Today at 02:21:38 PM
  • Trigger: 11.htcrl
    Today at 09:25:38 AM
  • G: This asshole can't get anything right
    Today at 09:13:43 AM
  • G: wiggles when I called and spoke to Edita she immediately hung up but I mentioned his name
    Today at 09:13:22 AM
  • wiggles44: Bonnie and Michaela won’t like seeing  that from the EAA founder
    Today at 09:11:04 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal