Author Topic: Parking at the Jug  (Read 5320 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

firhill

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 451
Parking at the Jug
« on: September 09, 2024, 01:55:50 PM »
I'm gonna drive a 24' RV down from Michigan and stay from Tuesday 'til Thursday night.
I had to book a site about 5 miles from the track as all the camping sites at track were fully booked.

Any suggestions as to where to park the RV at or near the track during the races?

Open bridle

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 435
Re: Parking at the Jug
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2024, 02:05:34 PM »

firhill

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 451
Re: Parking at the Jug
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2024, 02:27:39 PM »
Thanks. I have my campground booked but will be driving the RV to the track each day.

I'm trying to find the best places to park it at the track when I get there.

Looks like there's a lot of general parking from the grandstand turn all the way around behind the barns on backstretch. Maybe that will be available if I get there early enough in the morning.

Open bridle

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 435
Re: Parking at the Jug
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2024, 02:53:09 PM »
Should work but get there early.

Brown jug

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3938
Re: Parking at the Jug
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2024, 04:50:46 PM »
take a taxi

Frankie T

  • 4 claimer
  • **
  • Posts: 91
Re: Parking at the Jug
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2024, 05:23:51 PM »
Thanks. I have my campground booked but will be driving the RV to the track each day.

I'm trying to find the best places to park it at the track when I get there.

Looks like there's a lot of general parking from the grandstand turn all the way around behind the barns on backstretch. Maybe that will be available if I get there early enough in the morning.

I suggest you call the fair and ask them. Also, people in the neighborhood including a school offer parking. They might be able to accommodate an RV.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/DF6Ta4BhzXfaVe6n7

Lance

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1127
Re: Parking at the Jug
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2024, 05:31:57 PM »
Thanks. I have my campground booked but will be driving the RV to the track each day.

I'm trying to find the best places to park it at the track when I get there.

Looks like there's a lot of general parking from the grandstand turn all the way around behind the barns on backstretch. Maybe that will be available if I get there early enough in the morning.

Would you rent rooms by the hour.

jupiter

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2474
Re: Parking at the Jug
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2024, 06:18:02 PM »
UBER

Kirby's Ace

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4784
Re: Parking at the Jug
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2024, 06:25:52 PM »
9/09/26 A day of celebration!

firhill

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 451
Re: Parking at the Jug
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2024, 09:12:20 PM »
Thanks fellas...great idea on taxi/uber

Frankie T

  • 4 claimer
  • **
  • Posts: 91
Re: Parking at the Jug
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2024, 10:48:21 PM »
Thanks fellas...great idea on taxi/uber

Are you going for two or more days? It might cost less to rent a car on Hotwire or a similar site.

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • JT: $90 grand late pick 5 carryover at Horseshoe Indiana today
    Today at 08:58:07 AM
  • Kirby's Ace: 73cv.2
    October 06, 2026, 10:09:44 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: Was there a power outage?
    October 06, 2026, 10:09:30 PM
  • Trigger: Bello has lit up NFLD!  tmbz1
    October 06, 2026, 10:03:23 PM
  • Trigger: G, a guy is going to show up at your house, MikeAnt, a dozen homies too  ngc3 they're going to take care of your women.  Drop your drawers and enjoy the show.  ngc3
    October 06, 2026, 09:14:36 PM
  • G: Mike should be ashamed of yourself
    October 06, 2026, 09:11:48 PM
  • G: Sweet: Ant would wish your daughters raped by a bunch of niggers then set on fire...I miss him so much!   ngc3  Sweet: Where's MikeAnt when you need him  ngc3
    October 06, 2026, 09:11:37 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: 96z.p
    October 06, 2026, 09:11:31 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal