Author Topic: Great to be back!!!!!  (Read 6900 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

dougie

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2619
Great to be back!!!!!
« on: August 23, 2024, 07:59:45 PM »
After a week away in the Catskills visiting family, friends, and Monticello Raceway, it's great to be back. Since I left my laptop home and I own a flip phone, I missed all the fun on the site. Going to be great catching up on "my reading"!

Mazola

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1364
Re: Great to be back!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2024, 08:03:23 PM »
Good to see you back. I thought you were banded or something ngc3
Right wing Christians are frauds

JT

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3744
Re: Great to be back!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2024, 08:06:47 PM »
After a week away in the Catskills visiting family, friends, and Monticello Raceway, it's great to be back. Since I left my laptop home and I own a flip phone, I missed all the fun on the site. Going to be great catching up on "my reading"!
Hey Dougie are you still going to Saratoga tomorrow for the Travers? If so have fun.. Saratoga is on my bucket list

SwankToliverA

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1397
Re: Great to be back!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2024, 09:06:28 PM »
After a week away in the Catskills visiting family, friends, and Monticello Raceway, it's great to be back. Since I left my laptop home and I own a flip phone, I missed all the fun on the site. Going to be great catching up on "my reading"!

The Catskills are amazing, I love spending time there.
Welcome back

kantseeback

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4447
  • TDS HAS INFESTED THIS PLACE LIKE A ROACH NEST
Re: Great to be back!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2024, 09:39:32 PM »
After a week away in the Catskills visiting family, friends, and Monticello Raceway, it's great to be back. Since I left my laptop home and I own a flip phone, I missed all the fun on the site. Going to be great catching up on "my reading"!


John Frank probably misses you.

Gaagoots

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 5070
Re: Great to be back!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2024, 09:42:13 PM »
the Catskills? Welcome back I had no idea you were Jewish.

MOHAWK FREAK

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 432
Re: Great to be back!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2024, 10:06:41 PM »
The Catskills?? You sure have a perty mouth.

Dingus

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1625
Re: Great to be back!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2024, 10:21:02 PM »
the Catskills? Welcome back I had no idea you were Jewish.

Aka The Jewish Alps

Gaagoots

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 5070
Re: Great to be back!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2024, 10:39:17 PM »

dougie

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2619
Re: Great to be back!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2024, 10:46:57 PM »
Yes I am Jewish and it was called "The Jewish Alps" when I was growing up. Years later they started to call it the "Borscht Belt".

rainman2

  • Living Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 27259
Re: Great to be back!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2024, 11:14:44 PM »
After a week away in the Catskills visiting family, friends, and Monticello Raceway, it's great to be back. Since I left my laptop home and I own a flip phone, I missed all the fun on the site. Going to be great catching up on "my reading"!

How many people were in the clubhouse/trackside on race day??
Horseplop isn’t a popularity contest!!

dougie

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2619
Re: Great to be back!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2024, 12:34:13 AM »
Approximately 40-50 folks at any given moment. Grandstand closed. Lady selling great hot dogs. They just go through the motions of running races one after another. If the casino could close it down, they would in a New York minute.

jupiter

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2473
Re: Great to be back!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2024, 10:58:18 AM »
It's a shame, what a great place in the 60's and 70's. Now, not even a shell of itself.

Harness Stats

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1262
Re: Great to be back!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2024, 12:13:11 PM »
Yes I am Jewish and it was called "The Jewish Alps" when I was growing up. Years later they started to call it the "Borscht Belt".
You have that backwards my friend. Borscht Belt was coined in the 1920s by a writer named Abel Green.  The Jewish Alps is not really a thing either, although some people did say that. It was "The Yiddish Alps" which was coined by Larry King many years later.

bello

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 5073
Re: Great to be back!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2024, 01:34:04 PM »
Welcome baCK dougie.   Monti....spent many weekend there when I lived in the Hudson Valley. Last time I was there was when my youngest son SUNY Binghampton 12 years ago.

Also would spen every Travers weekend at the Spa. Had to stop thet due to a freak accident 7 years ago. Hope to resume thee trip next year. In the meantime, for old times sake I'm sitting here with a bottle of Patron watching and betting the Spa and opening weekend at Freehold where I am sweeping the cards.

All the best. Hope I'll run into you in my travels.

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Trigger: It'd be so awesome on Calhoun's last breath from his mousy lung on Earth  ngc3 he regrets losing his banding dart, because otherwise he was a 2nd rate insult artist and a grade a liar and coward!  ;D
    Today at 09:53:20 PM
  • Trigger: Or Koles or Calhoun's, that's ok too  tmbz1
    Today at 09:30:54 PM
  • Trigger: We're not doing Kirby stuff like saying Thailand which you mean for child molestation.  You have family don't wish it on an Asian wish on yours.   ngc3
    Today at 09:29:21 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: You're gambling?  ngc3
    Today at 09:24:19 PM
  • Trigger: Fuck Dayton going back to Canadian Hell  ;D
    Today at 09:23:03 PM
  • Trigger: We're gambling, we're chatting. what's your fucking problem?  A lot?  ngc3
    Today at 09:21:28 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: Paul its medication time!  tmbz1
    Today at 09:09:48 PM
  • Trigger: Thanks for ldging the same shit you say 20 times a day retarded wiggles...kole drop dead take your kin with you, make sure the whole debacle of your life ends there  ngc3
    Today at 09:00:32 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal