Author Topic: It's Fair time in Maine!  (Read 7510 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

dougie

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2570
It's Fair time in Maine!
« on: August 08, 2024, 09:47:04 AM »
With heat records being set all summer here in Maine, it's finally getting cooler. Just in time for the Fair season. While i've been to all the fairs locally here, it's the Freburg Fair that's really great. If any of you "Ploppers" plan on being here the first week in October, take a drive over there. Admission is $12. Foods expensive too! But as a harness racing fan, it a pretty cool "day at the races". I believe the grandstand was built in the late 1800's. And it looks it too! LOL! The track is packed for the races. It's a lot of fun. So come on up to Maine for Fair season. It's pretty cool!

oldjohn123

  • Top Claimer
  • ***
  • Posts: 185
Re: It's Fair time in Maine!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2024, 10:00:18 PM »
 See you at the fair.

Mrpick5

  • Top Claimer
  • ***
  • Posts: 201
Re: It's Fair time in Maine!
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2024, 10:01:31 PM »
How about that first race win pool of $200 what a joke!

dougie

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2570
Re: It's Fair time in Maine!
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2024, 10:07:50 PM »
Yeah, not much money at the Fairs. It is fun though!

rainman2

  • Living Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 27072
Re: It's Fair time in Maine!
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2024, 01:52:45 AM »
How about that first race win pool of $200 what a joke!

You go to watch these races for the entertainment aspect, not the gambling aspect, unless you like to 'step on your own money' at the windows!!
Horseplop isn’t a popularity contest!!

dougie

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2570
Re: It's Fair time in Maine!
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2024, 11:02:40 AM »
It's a really fun time!

bello

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4988
Re: It's Fair time in Maine!
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2024, 12:16:13 PM »
They will be televised nationally with bets accepted on ADWs this year.

Been to em all....Psyched!

dougie

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2570
Re: It's Fair time in Maine!
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2024, 02:07:46 PM »
Bello.....it really is a great time!

MIKE CAMPBELL

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2795
Re: It's Fair time in Maine!
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2024, 02:55:50 PM »
The Maine fair circuit is nothing but horse abuse. These piece of shit horsemen race the horses 3 and sometimes 4 times per week and you fucking assholes are on here talking about what a good time it is. FUCK YOU!

dougie

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2570
Re: It's Fair time in Maine!
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2024, 03:10:03 PM »
But don't you say that about most of the racing circuits?

MIKE CAMPBELL

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2795
Re: It's Fair time in Maine!
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2024, 03:26:12 PM »
But don't you say that about most of the racing circuits?
3-4 races per week is abuse,plain and simple

dougie

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2570
Re: It's Fair time in Maine!
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2024, 03:28:16 PM »
I agree 100%. I never knew that occurred. I thought they go one a week from fair to fair. I am going to ask about that.

MIKE CAMPBELL

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2795
Re: It's Fair time in Maine!
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2024, 03:36:31 PM »
I agree 100%. I never knew that occurred. I thought they go one a week from fair to fair. I am going to ask about that.
An owner of mine called me up one day about 20 years ago and said I just bought a 3 year old that was racing and winning on the Maine fair circuit. The horse was shipped to me and when I looked at its papers, it showed 12 races in the last 30 days.

dougie

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2570
Re: It's Fair time in Maine!
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2024, 03:39:18 PM »
I don't like that. I am going to ask the judges about that.

MIKE CAMPBELL

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2795
Re: It's Fair time in Maine!
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2024, 03:41:56 PM »
I don't like that. I am going to ask the judges about that.
tmbz1 tmbz1

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • darnoldrocks: ADMIN needs to take some responsibility for the good of the site.  No one should wish death or sexual assault on anyone's family.    No need for that. Two guys shouldn't go back and forth, saying nothing new, ruining topics. No one should have more than one ID and account.  That shouldn't be too much to expect or administer. Pretty bare basics.
    Today at 10:30:00 PM
  • Sweet: Where's ICE when you need them to deport ploppers  ngc3
    Today at 10:28:48 PM
  • darnoldrocks: ADMIN needs to take some responsibility for the good of the site.  No one should wish death or sexual assault on anyone's family.    No need for that. Two guys shouldn't go back and forth, saying nothing new, ruining topics. No one should have more than one ID and account.  That shouldn't be too much to expect or administer. Pretty bare basics.
    Today at 10:27:09 PM
  • Sweet: Darnold thinks it's easy to run this place and do nothing, doesn't understand the nuances of sitting still quietly while chaos erupts  ngc3
    Today at 10:24:23 PM
  • Sweet: Diabetic broads are nasty
    Today at 10:18:17 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: Thats my opinion
    Today at 10:17:32 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: I think they might pass on dessert.
    Today at 10:17:17 PM
  • Sweet: Well I did offer an olive branch to Chihuahua Cock, let's see what happens  tmbz1
    Today at 10:13:57 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal