Author Topic: Battle Of Lake Erie  (Read 1655 times)

Meadow Ford

• Open / FFA
Battle Of Lake Erie
« on: June 11, 2023, 10:46:00 AM »
IMHO
After watching the replay.
I think Tritton's best maneuver was avoiding the breaking horse in the first turn.
Again IMHO, if she had been laying back (as is the style of the day) she may not have been able to see and avoid the breaking horse.
Then again Geo Nap may have been screaming like a scalded ape.
Maybe it was Lockinvar Art and not the driver that saw the breaker and made the sharp left turn. Standardbreds  are smarter then we sometimes give them credit for.
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

SDST2009

• Top Claimer
Re: Battle Of Lake Erie
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2023, 04:41:06 PM »
IMHO
I think Tritton's best maneuver was avoiding the breaking horse in the first turn.
Again IMHO, if she had been laying back (as is the style of the day) she may not have been able to see and avoid the breaking horse.
Maybe it was Lockinvar Art and not the driver that saw the breaker and made the sharp left turn. Standardbreds  are smarter then we sometimes give them credit for.

I don't really know yet how Lochinvar Art stacks up against the best FFA pacers but I will give him this, he can take a lot of air and that was a pretty gutsy win. Also impressed with him in the winner's circle; stood like a statue for the whole dog and pony show. Nice, smart horse, especially for an 8yo stud.

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2023, 04:44:50 PM »
Taking air and winning were what he did best down under.  He won at least 1 grade one race parked the entire mile and a half or maybe a little more as its in meters.

FirstUpFrom8Hole

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2023, 05:11:58 PM »
IMHO

Ain't that the truth. I've been saved many times by a smart horse seeing the problem before I did and reacting appropriately.

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2023, 07:06:35 PM »
SHE GOT AS PERFECT TRIP BEHIND DELONG

REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Redacidsucks

• 4 claimer
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2023, 08:43:53 PM »
Word at Hoosier is Rucker gave Delong orders to sit on Seiglemans back at all cost and when he got away 3rd and came 1st up Ruck charged down to the paddock and went after Delong and Boomer had to hold him back cuz Delong drives for Missy and Boomer is in enough hot water with Missy for pulling LRM.

Meadow Ford

• Open / FFA
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2023, 09:39:59 PM »
Word at Hoosier is Rucker gave Delong orders to sit on Seiglemans back at all cost and when he got away 3rd and came 1st up Ruck charged down to the paddock and went after Delong and Boomer had to hold him back cuz Delong drives for Missy and Boomer is in enough hot water with Missy for pulling LRM.
Now for us poor uninformed.
Who is Boomer?
Who is Missy?
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

Redacidsucks

• 4 claimer
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2023, 11:40:45 PM »
Boomer owns LRM
Missy (Mellisa) Essig
« Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 11:42:22 PM by Redacidsucks »

Meadow Ford

• Open / FFA
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2023, 08:14:50 AM »
Boomer owns LRM
Missy (Mellisa) Essig
Thank You Sir

polish jola

• Top Claimer
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2023, 08:42:12 AM »
In my opinion, DeLong should not have driven that horse on the short track!!  I believe Jeremy Smith drove in his last 2 wins at Scioto!!  Surely Beeman and Rucker could have landed a driver that suits a small track!!  That was a brutal drive, and he still only got beat by 4!! Horse won't last the year with drives like that!!! You can't race like that against those monsters and expect to last!!  This Is The Plan must be made of iron!! This horse always gets awful trips!!!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal