Author Topic: Harness Forums I have posted on.  (Read 873 times)

Meadow Ford

• Open / FFA
Harness Forums I have posted on.
« on: June 08, 2023, 03:40:29 PM »
Ten or so years ago I first posted on Chicago Barn To Wire.
Then the original Horseplop.
Followed up by Harnessphere, In The Sulky, and now this Horseplop.
You post your thoughts and experiences on each, and I will post mine.
Which one is/was the best?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 03:42:24 PM by Meadow Ford »
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
  • Part Human, Part Machine, Better Part Canine
Re: Harness Forums I have posted on.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2023, 03:51:33 PM »
Ten or so years ago I first posted on Chicago Barn To Wire.
Then the original Horseplop.
Followed up by Harnessphere, In The Sulky, and now this Horseplop.
You post your thoughts and experiences on each, and I will post mine.
Which one is/was the best?

I liked CardsChat which had horses as a small sub forum.

The 2 dweebs that run it - Debi & Tami, chicks with inferiority complexes started to hate the friendship, influence I had over mods, professional poker players, long time members....we're talking 300,000 members and world wide......I was by far the most popular person there within a month and too powerful with 6 months.  I was mid-level as a poker player, there freerolls were easy to accumulate a couple hundred in cash in a month or two.  We could also back other members in tournament, wsop, any game any thing, fractional stuff or large % depending on the player / investor offer...

Still some are my friends, and bereave my passing there.

But if and when I want this place to fucking explode with 5k new active members, 15-20k guest viewers, that's done!  Within a month no problem!   ;D
It's Official!

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2023, 04:16:31 PM »
I've been only on this forum. 

As for Senators poker forum even though I've been playing poker online for about every day for the past fifteen years and watch all kinds of poker content on tv I have never heard of that forum and I've searched for forums. The only place I ever found was 2 plus 2 ...  I just looked up this one and he is correct it is HUGE. If he has contact with people there there are more than enough to give a looksee here.

Superfecta

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2023, 04:22:59 PM »
I liked Barn to Wire.

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
  • Part Human, Part Machine, Better Part Canine
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2023, 04:29:44 PM »
I've been only on this forum. 

As for Senators poker forum even though I've been playing poker online for about every day for the past fifteen years and watch all kinds of poker content on tv I have never heard of that forum and I've searched for forums. The only place I ever found was 2 plus 2 ...  I just looked up this one and he is correct it is HUGE. If he has contact with people there there are more than enough to give a looksee here.

It'd be my old moniker there they'd (CC friends) say he landed here check it out, we'd have more than 1k probably same day and break that record.

As for the members / guests to get 5k / 20k here, we'd have to start doing fractional investing, like hey...

I handicapped a multi carryover pick 6 (cost of bet $2000) and am offering a 50% stake of $1200 / $1000.  Minimal stake 5%.   

Or could play owner and say hey...

I'm offering $5k, $1k to 5 players to stake in $2mil handicapping tournament ABC, interviewing, dm, call, email me.  50/50 split of winnings.

And no one less than a certain time as a member could participate as a cash recipient unless they have established themselves here and with some winning credentials, some 3rd party cash protection too. I've never seen someone get fucked over there, and it was mostly honor system.

It's Official!

Meadow Ford

• Open / FFA
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2023, 05:26:54 PM »
I liked Barn to Wire.
Yes Barn To Wire was good. When it started out it was mostly mid-west horse people talking about mid-west racing. Good backstretch stories and trivia threads. Then the grandstand goofs and basement dwellers took over.
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2023, 05:31:46 PM »
Yes Barn To Wire was good. When it started out it was mostly mid-west horse people talking about mid-west racing. Good backstretch stories and trivia threads. Then the grandstand goofs and basement dwellers took over.

The 'old' horseplop had grandstand goofs and basement dwellers.  SAD BUT TRUE!  Look what the 'new' horseplop currently is!

Judge this for yourselves!

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2023, 05:35:51 PM »
The 'old' horseplop had grandstand goofs and basement dwellers.  SAD BUT TRUE!  Look what the 'new' horseplop currently is!

Its filled with Love Levity and the occasional ;D Senatorial dangler.
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

Meadow Ford

• Open / FFA
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2023, 06:15:18 PM »

Towards the end most BTW posters myself included had impostors on Horseplop. The impostor would take your post under your screen name from BTW and repost it on HP using your screen name with a few added obscenities and vulgarities.
I tried to register at HP using my BTW name. No go. Was informed that someone (my impostor) was posting under that name.

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2023, 06:30:39 PM »
It'd be my old moniker there they'd (CC friends) say he landed here check it out, we'd have more than 1k probably same day and break that record.

As for the members / guests to get 5k / 20k here, we'd have to start doing fractional investing, like hey...

I handicapped a multi carryover pick 6 (cost of bet $2000) and am offering a 50% stake of $1200 / $1000.  Minimal stake 5%.   

Or could play owner and say hey...

I'm offering $5k, $1k to 5 players to stake in $2mil handicapping tournament ABC, interviewing, dm, call, email me.  50/50 split of winnings.

And no one less than a certain time as a member could participate as a cash recipient unless they have established themselves here and with some winning credentials, some 3rd party cash protection too. I've never seen someone get fucked over there, and it was mostly honor system.
[/s]
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal