Author Topic: The Stable has 22 babies qualifying today at Northfield  (Read 4011 times)

TimTimTimbo

• Stakes Horse
The Stable has 22 babies qualifying today at Northfield
« on: June 08, 2023, 02:10:29 PM »
Plus 3 really good ones in Oak Grove Monday having their 1st starts

https://racing.ustrotting.com/chart.aspx

Most went in 2:01 or there abouts.

The one that he says is the best so far went 1:58 and change at Northfield last week. Came home in 27.2 easy. Pick Pocket, Him and Militant (Six Pack) are in Kentucky Monday along with a pacer named Arson.

How they turn out, who knows at this stage but it's fun watching all the babies from different stables and seeing what they can do

rainman2

• Elite
Re: The Stable has 22 babies qualifying today at Northfield
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2023, 02:14:18 PM »
Plus 3 really good ones in Oak Grove Monday having their 1st starts

https://racing.ustrotting.com/chart.aspx

Most went in 2:01 or there abouts.

The one that he says is the best so far went 1:58 and change at Northfield last week. Came home in 27.2 easy. Pick Pocket, Him and Militant (Six Pack) are in Kentucky Monday along with a pacer named Arson.

How they turn out, who knows at this stage but it's fun watching all the babies from different stables and seeing what they can do

Agreed!  Both the big stables and the little guys have the same objectives.

The only difference is that the big guys get all the press and the little guy has to establish a very good horse before he gets press.  When this happens, the big guys have enough money to acquire an already made horse without doing the work involved with this.

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2023, 02:25:37 PM »
And the only 'A' list driver to show up was Scott Zeron.  And it looks like he drove many of Thestables' horses.  Very interesting.  Doesn't Zeron drive some of the Alagna stock in big races?

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2023, 02:35:17 PM »
I don't recall him doing that but I suppose its possible.  Tetrick, The McCarthys, Doug McNair and even Joey B have won breeders crowns for him  Scotty Z drives all of Toscano's good horses right now.

TimTimTimbo

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2023, 04:31:05 PM »
And the only 'A' list driver to show up was Scott Zeron.  And it looks like he drove many of Thestables' horses.  Very interesting.  Doesn't Zeron drive some of the Alagna stock in big races?

The stable has a bunch with Megan Scran and Scott

Open bridle

• Open / FFA
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2023, 05:23:40 PM »
Agreed!  Both the big stables and the little guys have the same objectives.

The only difference is that the big guys get all the press and the little guy has to establish a very good horse before he gets press.  When this happens, the big guys have enough money to acquire an already made horse without doing the work involved with this.
The big stables have the answer to killing off the little stables. Death by numbers.

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2023, 05:28:42 PM »
The big stables have the answer to killing off the little stables. Death by numbers.

The sad part about this is that you only hear about the numbers the big boys have--Burke, Alagna, et al and the ones who make it big.  The others that don't make it go down in oblivion. 

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2023, 05:55:54 PM »

Zeron Does drive or did drive quite a few for Alagna
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

TimTimTimbo

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2023, 06:01:38 PM »
Anthony and Scott Zeron talking about the qualifiers and how bad the track was.  Deep and the water truck was broken down so the times were slow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9Fi7L5qXes&t=593s

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2023, 06:14:28 PM »
Anthony and Scott Zeron talking about the qualifiers and how bad the track was.  Deep and the water truck was broken down so the times were slow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9Fi7L5qXes&t=593s

Let's horse that there were no major injuries after qualifying on a bad track.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 08:07:38 PM by rainman2 »

Generation XYZ

• Elite
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2023, 06:20:49 PM »
 tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1

Meadow Ford

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2023, 06:47:15 PM »
Let's horse that there were no major injuries after qualifying of a bad track.
From my own experiences.
It is the (hard) fast raceway tracks that break down the horses. IMHO  It is the SPEED that does the damage.
Several years back I raced two colts, two heats a day all summer long at the fairs(Bullrings). Their first starts at Maywood. One bows a tendon the other cracks a bone in his knee.
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

Meadow Ford

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2023, 07:51:26 PM »
From my own experiences.
It is the (hard) fast raceway tracks that break down the horses. IMHO  It is the SPEED that does the damage.
Several years back I raced two colts, two heats a day all summer long at the fairs(Bullrings). Their first starts at Maywood. One bows a tendon the other cracks a bone in his knee.
One more speed kills example.
Sp Park  mid 80's.
I am sent a 4 year old mare that had raced only at fairs. She is undefeated at four with a track record.
She is nw a pm and much the best.
We are winning for fun when just before the wire I sence a problem. Turning around I am thinking how am I going to get back to the winners circle? She is broken bone lame, but I hurry her to the circle.
The owner is all excited, Pete Longo is taking the picture, and I am worried I will never get her off the track. Gutsy as she was we get back to the paddock. DR. Smith says "Is she alright"?  I say "Hell NO". 
Turns out she had broken a sesamoid just before the wire.
Sound two heats at the bad fair tracks, but breaks a bone first time Sportsman's Park.
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2023, 08:05:36 PM »
training all winter , fast miles on a hard half mile track
that usually doesnt end well

Generation XYZ

• Elite
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2023, 08:36:03 PM »
Shit happens what what was the time allowed for qualification, with the track issues?

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • SwankToliverA: What about him?
    June 13, 2024, 12:18:31 AM
  • Loserbob: Rene allard
    June 11, 2024, 08:02:07 PM
  • M P: BREAKING NEWS: Ploptwats are outwardly angry that pictures of horses they trash are posted on Plop...
    June 10, 2024, 10:11:17 PM
  • M P: Breaking News: Members of Horseplop state killing Standardbreds is perfectly fine. Stay tuned for more.
    June 10, 2024, 05:21:49 PM
  • In It Deep: Hi Liberals
    June 05, 2024, 04:40:07 PM
  • In It Deep: 11.tfk
    May 28, 2024, 07:54:33 PM
  • In It Deep: The Butt Nut
    May 28, 2024, 07:49:02 PM
  • Bernie Madoff: ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
    May 24, 2024, 08:05:54 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal