Author Topic: Maverick  (Read 15575 times)

augustaandy

• Elite
Re: Maverick
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2021, 12:06:17 PM »
My opinin is that virtually nobody will breed to Maverick for the same reason that no one breeds to White Bliss.  Both horses are famous for something that has nothing to do with their racetrack talent.   When you are investing a lot of money and three years of your time into making a baby and then a racehorse, you aim for proven stallions.  With that said, for my money, with a gun to my head I would breed to Maverick before I would breed to Greenshoe.  Maverick is better looking and larger than his brother and he has a better way of going.  He gobbles up ground but he needs to be gelded.  I don't know if you know this but if you get your horse gelded it seriously limits their ability to breed  haha!  Trouble is that he needs to be gelded to show how good he can be but then you can't breed him.  Maybe freeze some of his sperm or something.  Why bother though because there are proven stallions out there.  When I was a kid this was the problem with horses sired by Tar Heel.  Tar Heel was a good horse who didn't like the game one bit but he managed to do well in spite of it. In the breeding shed it came out in the wash.  It got to the point where you always gelded your Tar Heel colts because he stamped them with poor attitudes but with racing talent.  The fillies were okay. The sons he had who went on to be sires were the ones who didn't act like their daddy from thr get go but had his speed and durability.  The whole Maverick/Greenshoe story will be told after we see what Greenshoe does as a stallion.  I have serious doubts that he will be any good.  I was not impressed by his gait and his looks but I would still kill to have a horse like him.  Green Manalishi is much better and we will see his babys soon but with trotters a lot has to do with pedigree.   Maverick is a perfect looking horse and if he only passes that fact on to his foals you will get some really good horses, My opinion is that Maverick in a perfect world would be a dependable stallion on a smaller level and he will sire raceway horses that will all be geldings.  A few will be top horses.  Both brothers would be very successful if you bred them to french mares.  The whole picture changes big time if you do that.  That might be the European plan but as it stands now Maverick is as worthless as White Bliss.  But if I had a spare mare hanging around I would take a shot with him if his stud fee was 2,000 or less.  It will pan out quick too because stallions who throw horses with bad attitudes do so right off the bat.  You know from the first crop what you've got.  These are just my opinions but I am correct most of the time.  I predicted that an unknown horse named waikiki beach would be a good sire and nobody knew who I was talking about.

I absolutely love your comments, thanks for sharing!!!

SoulAssassin

• Top Claimer
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2021, 04:54:55 PM »
agree wit most of your statement carnival. tony no different then takter when it comes to marketing to owners. takter just has more success. tony entire stable wouldnt earn more dat year then da yearlin prices

Harness Stats

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2021, 05:20:43 PM »
The whole Maverick/Greenshoe story will be told after we see what Greenshoe does as a stallion.  I have serious doubts that he will be any good. 

Greenshoe's first crop is not even eligible to race in M stakes because of the Gural Rule.  That's going to be a strike against. 

comeonman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2021, 05:39:47 PM »
Tony won hambo last yr... stop

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2021, 06:28:20 PM »
Magician, Fools Goal would not have made a dime if they were not gelded. More need to be gelded than don´t.

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2021, 06:41:22 PM »
please do not compare maverick to white bliss in terms of pedigree
white bliss was a freak(color wise) with very average pedigree and someone paid to own a unicorn

SDST2009

• Top Claimer
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2021, 06:44:49 PM »
I think a better comparison is probably Donato Hvr’s brother, Detour. Huge $$ yearling that turned out to be an also ran and not in demand as a sire at all.

hoosierboy

• Elite
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2021, 10:17:26 AM »
Sometime a barn change is good.  With this horse though his gate etc...  is spot on he just doesn’t have heart a new trainer can’t fix that.  If he wasn’t such a expensive purchase he would of been castrated last year and retried this year no better he would of been shit canned

ferdinand the bull

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2021, 02:47:16 PM »
Sometime a barn change is good.  With this horse though his gate etc...  is spot on he just doesn’t have heart a new trainer can’t fix that.  If he wasn’t such a expensive purchase he would of been castrated last year and retried this year no better he would of been shit canned
The most expensive amish horse ever

Third Over

• 4 claimer
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2021, 02:52:57 PM »
Give Ake a shot at him..he may just need a trainer/driver/stock prod combination..

Carnival People

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2021, 11:19:23 AM »
please do not compare maverick to white bliss in terms of pedigree
white bliss was a freak(color wise) with very average pedigree and someone paid to own a unicorn

I did not compare their pedigree or anything apart from the fact that I said both horses are famous for things that have nothing to do with their racing ability.   White Bliss because of his color and Maverick because of his price tag.  The point being that no one can expect Maverick to get mares to breed just because he cost a million bucks the same as White Bliss can't get mares to breed to him simply because he is white.  Some people are already sending out the idea that he will go to Europe as a stallion but who would breed to him?   You didn't fully read what I wrote which is typical on here.

augustaandy

• Elite
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2021, 02:46:20 PM »
still waiting for Maverick to make his next start

did anyone see Damien, the other million dollar yearling?

last I saw, his picture was on a milk carton

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2021, 03:52:16 PM »
Tremendous job of marketing....

augustaandy

• Elite
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2021, 04:46:52 PM »
 RACE 4  -   MEADOWLANDS  -   Qualifier  -   Fri, May 14, 2021  -   Post: 10:30 AM   
  Conditions:      Qualifier 3 Year Olds
  Gait: Trot    Purse: $0    Class: Qua    Distance: 1 Mile    Strs: 6
HN   Horse    PP   Med.   Year to Date   Driver   Trainer   ML
Odds   Base
Claim
Sts   W   P   S   Time   Earnings   Stable
1   LOVE MUFFIN    1      1   0   0   0   Q1:55.4 M   $0   Andy Miller    Julie Miller    0-0   $0
2   MAVERICK    2      0   0   0   0      $0   Andrew McCarthy    Tony Alagna    0-0   $0
3   SQUABLE    3                     $0   Thomas Corelli    Thomas Corelli    0-0   $0
4   CASH HUDSON    4                     $0   Andrew McCarthy    Tony Alagna    0-0   $0
5   DELAYED HANOVER    5                     $0   Ake Svanstedt    Ake Svanstedt    0-0   $0
6   CHASE BLUE CHIP    6                     $0   Trond Smedshammer    Trond Smedshammer    0-0   $0

Locked in with pace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2021, 06:07:26 AM »
Back in 2015, Pinkman was doing nothing. THEY GELDED HIM. He won the Hambo.

Former Clunker, Pinkman Major Threat in Hambletonian

But first, there was one more trick left, gelding the son of Explosive Matter. Takter, who is in the business of developing stallions for himself and his clients, doesn’t like to geld horses, but with Pinkman he felt he had no other choice. Once gelded in June, Pinkman did a 180.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 06:13:35 AM by Lockedinwithpace »

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
  • Unclejerry: In race 4
    April 27, 2024, 08:46:31 PM
  • Unclejerry: Super/Tri/Eacta just given out in Jerrys thread !
    April 27, 2024, 08:45:55 PM
  • Unclejerry: Check Jerry's thread often bets are being made and posted
    April 27, 2024, 07:15:49 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal