Author Topic: R.I.P Bill Robinson  (Read 22934 times)

Calhoun

• Elite
Re: R.I.P Bill Robinson
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2020, 09:43:49 PM »
You have a lot to say for someone never in the game. We never miss a day training even in bad weather that's why I'm up at 4:30 grooming the track every day.
In what world do you think anyone is jealous of an ancient nobody who rides a tractor every day in the cold in the middle of the night? ngc3 ngc3

I've owned a world champ and a Derby-BCClassic winner.   tmbz1

How much for two blueberry muffins?   tmbz1

Manny

• Top Claimer
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2020, 10:06:48 PM »
Calhoun.  You is one happy man.  Bet all around love being around you, NOT. If you get nastier we may have a serial killer on line.

Please...

Sober up and try again.

Thanks

Mazola

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2020, 10:32:16 PM »
 11.htcrl 11.htcrlI heard that Icefag was an old felcher ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

Superfecta

• Elite
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2020, 11:34:49 PM »
the only judge is our maker so what I wish for him makes no difference only our maker will decide.

What/who is our maker ? Can you prove this ?

wiggles44

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2020, 06:54:22 AM »
Bill Robinson was one of the greatest horsemen that ever lived. Trained many Champions and
His barn and horses always were turned out immaculate.
RIP Bill -elite horseman loved by his real fans and family.

Another bag licker

Manny

• Top Claimer
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2020, 10:57:37 AM »
Horses trained by Robinson captured the majority of harness racing's major stakes events, and on multiple occasions. Robinson-trained horses have won the North America Cup (4 times), Meadowlands Pace (3), Little Brown Jug (3), Jugette (1), Breeders Crown (3), Confederation Cup (3), Canadian Pacing Derby (4), US Pacing Championship (3), Adios (2), Art Rooney (3), Provincial Cup (3) Messenger (3), Windy City Pace (3), Nassagaweya (5) and Maple Leaf Trotting Classic (1).

JUST FUCKING WOW WITH THIS LIST OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS.  AND STILL NOT IN A HALL OF FAME.

Duke

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2020, 11:35:02 AM »
Never met the man so I can't comment on him personally but professionally I believe he is the only trainer that paid off a $100,000 fine.   First person with an EPO positive that came from frozen specimen after they discovered a test for epogen. Was he a cheat ? Yes caught several times with different drugs...tco2 
Took a lot of money off honest people and made a lot of drivers rich.

NO HALL OF FAME FOR BILL
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 11:36:43 AM by Duke »

ferdinand the bull

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2020, 12:12:47 PM »
Did any tracks honor him with a tribute and a moment of silence ?

oreogator2

• NW-1
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2020, 02:11:31 PM »
I would ask most of you who have posted negative comments to just take a step back for a moment. Every positive comment about Bill Robinson has come from people who have met him. He was indeed the dominant trainer of his era.
When he got sick a few years ago I lead the charge to get him into the Hall of Fame. Sadly, I failed. I still believe he belongs there.
My most memorable moment was when I was producing the TV show from the Little Brown jug in 1993 to a network of TV systems around Canada and the U https://youtu.be/I8-W2jgub5o nited States. That year Bill Robinson was the tal htt https://youtu.be/I8-W2jgub5o ps://youtu.be/I8-W2jgub5o k of the town and provided all the drama for that show.

https://youtu.be/I8-W2jgub5o

GTW

• NW-1
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2020, 02:22:27 PM »
Horses trained by Robinson captured the majority of harness racing's major stakes events, and on multiple occasions. Robinson-trained horses have won the North America Cup (4 times), Meadowlands Pace (3), Little Brown Jug (3), Jugette (1), Breeders Crown (3), Confederation Cup (3), Canadian Pacing Derby (4), US Pacing Championship (3), Adios (2), Art Rooney (3), Provincial Cup (3) Messenger (3), Windy City Pace (3), Nassagaweya (5) and Maple Leaf Trotting Classic (1).

JUST FUCKING WOW WITH THIS LIST OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS.  AND STILL NOT IN A HALL OF FAME.

Barry Bonds isn't in the Baseball Hall of Fame either
Maybe they could create a Lance Armstrong award and give it to Bill instead.  ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

GTW

• NW-1
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2020, 02:37:04 PM »
If Bill Robinson goes in the Hall of Fame they should get a group of his suspended sons, beards and other associates who worked for him to do induction speeches

Bill Elliott
George Plyey
Nat Varty
Sean Robinson
Brett Robinson
Carl Conte Jr
Duane Marfisi
Jeff Webster
Monte Gelrod

I'm sure I am missing 5 or 6 others from the stable who also were banned or suspended.

Manny

• Top Claimer
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2020, 04:32:23 PM »
Come Iceman drain the fucking ice out of your veins.

Below is the real Bill Robinson.  Just because he out smarted everyone and ran his stable like a BUSINESS and had better pre race stuff.  Everyone in racing wanted the best stuff and they would go to Bill and get it.  He told me some good ole stories, but it would take an hour to remember all the names who came to his farm but Fellows and Artandi were the two off the top of my head.

What a great trainer and better man! Your family should be proud of your great accomplishments! Our family did business with the Robinson family for nearly 30 years and during that entire time never so much as had harsh words. In the racing business we have met and seen many fine trainers and wonderful people - but none better than the Robinson family. Bill was perhaps the most misunderstood person in our sport. I am glad to see so many great comments [ Bill would have enjoyed reading them ] Bill, you are finally at peace - ENJOY

Lance

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2020, 05:14:34 PM »
Come Iceman drain the fucking ice out of your veins.

Below is the real Bill Robinson.  Just because he out smarted everyone and ran his stable like a BUSINESS and had better pre race stuff.  Everyone in racing wanted the best stuff and they would go to Bill and get it.  He told me some good ole stories, but it would take an hour to remember all the names who came to his farm but Fellows and Artandi were the two off the top of my head.

What a great trainer and better man! Your family should be proud of your great accomplishments! Our family did business with the Robinson family for nearly 30 years and during that entire time never so much as had harsh words. In the racing business we have met and seen many fine trainers and wonderful people - but none better than the Robinson family. Bill was perhaps the most misunderstood person in our sport. I am glad to see so many great comments [ Bill would have enjoyed reading them ] Bill, you are finally at peace - ENJOY

Bill would take horses off mopes like Iceman and drop two seconds when they walked into the barn because he didn`t race horses like they did on the 60`s.  Four alums., let their head down about a foot, hobbles out 3 inches....he did things his own way, everyone criticized him but couldn`t beat him. Then people started trying to copy.  I think that year he had 3yr olds Mach Three, Art Major, Red River, Million Dollar Cam, Dreamfare Vogel, Bradgs Gold, Pacific Titan, on top of a stable of top open mares and FFA horses....never see another roster like that in one stable.

Manny

• Top Claimer
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2020, 05:48:15 PM »
Bill had common sense.  Takes you a long way in life peeps. 

Lance Fag if anybody should know about head down is you while Calpoon let's you wash his helmet.

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2020, 05:49:26 PM »
Lets see... who do I go with as the more accomplished?

Robinson who trained a barn full of top horses?

Or

Iceman who "quit" training 40 years ago, traded that "career" for getting on a tractor in freezing rain at 4:30 am every fucking day and will not tell us the name of one single horse he ever owned?

ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
  • Unclejerry: In race 4
    April 27, 2024, 08:46:31 PM
  • Unclejerry: Super/Tri/Eacta just given out in Jerrys thread !
    April 27, 2024, 08:45:55 PM
  • Unclejerry: Check Jerry's thread often bets are being made and posted
    April 27, 2024, 07:15:49 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal