Author Topic: R.I.P Bill Robinson  (Read 22940 times)

Manny

• Top Claimer
Re: R.I.P Bill Robinson
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2020, 07:49:13 PM »
true for so many people.

Barnet Garnsdale

• Open / FFA
  • I GAVE CASIE THE YOGURT AT THE JUG
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2020, 08:02:25 PM »
 TUBE ONE FOR BILL THIS WEEKEND!

kerwoodfan

• NW-1
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2020, 09:32:54 PM »
If you look at the history of some of these horses he had  they did improve to the point that it was hard to believe it was the same horse.
So Bill Robinson nice guy but cheat horseman.
I was at Greenwood quite a lot back in the 80's. Most horseplayers that were OJC regulars knew how well Bill Robinson could improve a horses performance.

One night I remember well: Doug Arthur had a 4 yr old mare that was a long time maiden, Cinnamon Reel. This mare was lucky to finish 4th on a given night and was always long odds. Owners moved the horse to Robinsons barn and her first start under Bill she opened up at 1/5 and closed at low odds, like 1-2 or something. Cinnamon Reel went to the front, had a long lead and opened up in the stretch to win by 10+ lengths. Was never in doubt and bettors knew it just from looking at the trainer in the program that she was going to win. Robinson was a juicer no doubt.

TTitans1

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2020, 10:06:19 AM »
EPO was responsible for more horses dying or wishing they were dead than any other drug in horse racing and this fucking guy was the king of it and introduced it to many of his associates. It put a horses blood count through the roof when given it. The problem was when they stopped getting it they went through the crash because their bodies couldn`t naturally produce red blood cells anymore.It ruined more horses than you could ever count. He literally stole money from all he raced against. How many owners who claimed EPO horses that crashed and were worthless do you think said fuck it and left the business? This guy was no HOFer, he was a chemist and that doesn`t mean shit! If you support him, you made money with him while fucking your competitors. I don`t wish death on him and I am sorry for his family`s loss but I wouldn`t praise his career either. Do you consider the freshly charged trainers like Allard and the boys HOFers? It`s the same difference. If he was still active today, there is a good chance he would have been joining them.

Atthetrack7

• Stakes Horse
  • saying the things DZ wishes he had the BALLS too
« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2020, 10:12:23 AM »
 SO WHAT IF HORSES DIE.  THEY CAN BE REPLACED.  THIS SPORT IS ABOUT WINNING RACES FOR BETTORS. AND BILL DID THAT BETTER THAN MOST

SOMETHING MOST OF YOU IDIOTS HAVE FORGOTTEN.

HORSES CAN BE REPLACED, HUMANS CANT,

horsetruth

• Elite
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2020, 10:41:09 AM »
If you have something to say about bill say it to his face when he is alive.
To put the guy down when he is 6 feet under is gutless.  Have respect for his family. He went through 25 years of hell with parkinsons.

GTW

• NW-1
« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2020, 01:53:15 PM »
To put the guy down when he is 6 feet under is gutless.  Have respect for his family. He went through 25 years of hell with parkinsons.
Karma sure is a bitch isn't it?

seriously

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2020, 02:20:43 PM »
SO WHAT IF HORSES DIE.  THEY CAN BE REPLACED.  THIS SPORT IS ABOUT WINNING RACES FOR BETTORS. AND BILL DID THAT BETTER THAN MOST

SOMETHING MOST OF YOU IDIOTS HAVE FORGOTTEN.

HORSES CAN BE REPLACED, HUMANS CANT,

Arguably the dumbest thing I've ever read here...."horses can be replaced, humans cant"

Brkn Headpole

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2020, 12:22:15 PM »
EPO was responsible for more horses dying or wishing they were dead than any other drug in horse racing and this fucking guy was the king of it and introduced it to many of his associates. It put a horses blood count through the roof when given it. The problem was when they stopped getting it they went through the crash because their bodies couldn`t naturally produce red blood cells anymore.It ruined more horses than you could ever count. He literally stole money from all he raced against. How many owners who claimed EPO horses that crashed and were worthless do you think said fuck it and left the business? This guy was no HOFer, he was a chemist and that doesn`t mean shit! If you support him, you made money with him while fucking your competitors. I don`t wish death on him and I am sorry for his family`s loss but I wouldn`t praise his career either. Do you consider the freshly charged trainers like Allard and the boys HOFers? It`s the same difference. If he was still active today, there is a good chance he would have been joining them.

Yes I know when Barely Visible got claimed off him , the horses hair all fell out, he crashed and couldnt keep on any weight.

okdfool

• Open / FFA
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2020, 07:00:08 PM »

Dumbest post ever , people keep defending these cheating fucks

Lance

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2020, 07:05:14 PM »
Dreamfair Vogel is one of the most memorable to walk in the shed row & race huge immediately...

Art Major could barely lift his feet before he hung the harness in the stable.

No matter what people say about Robinson, positive tests etc.... his owners loved him, never padded bills with vets being there constantly, used homemade remedies to treat horse ailments & helped other horsemen out...

I remember Dreamfair Vogel.....first time Robinson,  just got roughed up in the Confed. Cup..........went off at 30-1 with Waples driving, jogs in 49.4.   Tri paid $4400.  Lance had fun that night.   

Frank the Zipper

• Stakes Horse
  • Shoot 'em up
« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2020, 07:08:32 PM »
I remember Dreamfair Vogel.....first time Robinson,  just got roughed up in the Confed. Cup..........went off at 30-1 with Waples driving, jogs in 49.4.   Tri paid $4400.  Lance had fun that night.

Yes I too remember that night well. Vogel's previously best time was 1:53 if I've not lost my memory.

Mazola

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2020, 08:03:27 PM »
The best bet I ever made! tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1

Manny

• Top Claimer
« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2020, 09:51:14 AM »
Bottom line when Robinson horses went to the track it was all business and if they didn't win the homework began.   Some of them got this and some of them got that.  I know one thing is those animals were cared for better than most of the people in the paddocks on race nights.   And if I was to line up 50 trainers and asked them if they have ever used a drug as a PED, and they had to be 100 percent truthful, how many would say they have??

GTW

• NW-1
« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2020, 12:23:55 PM »
Bottom line when Robinson horses went to the track it was all business and if they didn't win the homework began.   Some of them got this and some of them got that.  I know one thing is those animals were cared for better than most of the people in the paddocks on race nights.   And if I was to line up 50 trainers and asked them if they have ever used a drug as a PED, and they had to be 100 percent truthful, how many would say they have??
Cared for better than most people? By loading them up with EPO?
Give your f***ing head a shake.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 12:28:01 PM by GTW »

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
  • Unclejerry: In race 4
    April 27, 2024, 08:46:31 PM
  • Unclejerry: Super/Tri/Eacta just given out in Jerrys thread !
    April 27, 2024, 08:45:55 PM
  • Unclejerry: Check Jerry's thread often bets are being made and posted
    April 27, 2024, 07:15:49 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal