Author Topic: Monticello  (Read 20993 times)

The Exporter

• Elite
Re: Monticello
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2020, 01:58:26 PM »
Just a side note to your above comment regarding the land.. My buddy is a realtor in Monticello fir many years.. He told me that the pandemic has been the best thing fir Monticello real estate in the last 40 years.. Everything that comes on the market especially if by the lakes are selling at basically full asking prices immediately .. All the city dwellers looking for that country escape
tmbz1 tmbz1
You are 100% correct. It is like 9/11 all over again, as far as demand for second homes, within a 3 hr drive from the NYC/NJ area. After 9/11, I owned a home in a lakeside community. in 2.5 years I sold it for 2x my purchase price. I bought another with lake frontage in the same community and sold that for 50% profit in 2 years, after 3 days on the market.
 Vovid 19 is changing the way families value their time together. In my area, if you purchased a pool this year, it will not be installed until next year.
Monticello being well within this are may finally get some of this action. But, I would not invest a dime. It is still a sketchy are and a poor risk.

Sea Biscuit

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2020, 02:34:31 PM »
tmbz1 tmbz1
You are 100% correct. It is like 9/11 all over again, as far as demand for second homes, within a 3 hr drive from the NYC/NJ area. After 9/11, I owned a home in a lakeside community. in 2.5 years I sold it for 2x my purchase price. I bought another with lake frontage in the same community and sold that for 50% profit in 2 years, after 3 days on the market.
 Vovid 19 is changing the way families value their time together. In my area, if you purchased a pool this year, it will not be installed until next year.
Monticello being well within this are may finally get some of this action. But, I would not invest a dime. It is still a sketchy are and a poor risk.

TALK ABOUT A BRAGGART PIECE OF SHIT REAL ESTATE RED BOARDER

YOU WANT US TO CONGRATULATE YOU OR WHAT?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 02:36:51 PM by Sea Biscuit »

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2020, 03:34:03 PM »
No, scumbag. Read the post once again and if you come to the same conclusion, crawl back to your trailer and go fuck yourself. That's if your sister does not get to jealous.

Superfecta

• Elite
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2020, 06:05:34 PM »
They may be selling houses in the area, but drive down Broadway and see all the empty storefronts and one knows that this IS A DEAD AREA and has been for many years. Slums of Sullivan county.

Montighetto

the master

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2020, 11:00:48 AM »
Despite all the negative rhetoric,  Monticello will regain it's little time niche and produce solid off track numbers!  And, local horseman and businesses will get a much needed boost!

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2020, 12:11:23 PM »
It might be a bit optimistic to think you can abandon your customers for 7 months and believe they will just return to your product.
 If marketing and advertising is needed to entice the return of your customers, who will develop and fund a campaign? The track? Horsemen?

hudsonvalleyinny

• NW-1
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2020, 12:59:18 PM »
Thank you to "the Master" for a positive comment.  Monticello Raceway is like Seabiscuit - small in size, kicked around, laughed at, etc. - but he was tough and had the last laugh.  Monticello will rise from the ashes shortly and all you negative contributors will be the first in line to bet their program.
God Bless the horse people there and the staff that puts racing together for them!

Lotsofpace

• 4 claimer
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2020, 07:06:03 PM »
Thank you to "the Master" for a positive comment.  Monticello Raceway is like Seabiscuit - small in size, kicked around, laughed at, etc. - but he was tough and had the last laugh.  Monticello will rise from the ashes shortly and all you negative contributors will be the first in line to bet their program.
God Bless the horse people there and the staff that puts racing together for them!

tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1

can hear howards voice now "hear they come"

chief yogi

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2020, 09:08:12 PM »
the gate is open

toothman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2020, 09:19:51 PM »
I hear the horsemen have signed a new agreement with Empire, racing to resume...

Superfecta

• Elite
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2020, 11:39:31 PM »
tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1

can hear howards voice now "hear they come"

Horrible announcer. I don't miss his nasal calls.

Lotsofpace

• 4 claimer
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2020, 08:16:49 AM »
Horrible announcer. I don't miss his nasal calls.

ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

Truth!, Problem is.. he’s been calling races there for 35 years and hasn’t gotten a raise ever! They can’t find someone els to call the races that cheap!

Emperor Dapple

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2020, 10:39:24 AM »
I hear the horsemen have signed a new agreement with Empire, racing to resume...

I hope ur right. Horseplop needs the track to open so ploppers have more drivers and trainers to complain about ..

Superfecta

• Elite
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2020, 12:55:36 PM »
I hope ur right. Horseplop needs the track to open so ploppers have more drivers and trainers to complain about ..

Nothing changes so we don't need it to open to complain.
Bruce Aldrich jumps more horses at the start than Andy Miller. I don't think he's really that bad so he's a degenerate cheater.
Jim Taggart just sucks.
Lounsbury lost his chemistry set before the track closed so it isn't that he forgot how to train. POS
Larry Stalbaum (Who was kicked out about 6 times) will dominate if he returns.
Andrew the race fixer will hand out envelops as soon as the pools start to grow.
Management will treat the handful of fans that show up like shit. They don't want you to return and they don't hide this feeling but they will lie to your face and
say all of the changes are being done for you.

Emperor Dapple

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2020, 01:01:17 PM »
Nothing changes so we don't need it to open to complain.
Bruce Aldrich jumps more horses at the start than Andy Miller. I don't think he's really that bad so he's a degenerate cheater.
Jim Taggart just sucks.
Lounsbury lost his chemistry set before the track closed so it isn't that he forgot how to train. POS
Larry Stalbaum (Who was kicked out about 6 times) will dominate if he returns.
Andrew the race fixer will hand out envelops as soon as the pools start to grow.
Management will treat the handful of fans that show up like shit. They don't want you to return and they don't hide this feeling but they will lie to your face and
say all of the changes are being done for you.

LOL.. Is there anyone there you like ?

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Kirby's Ace: Why? Your already here!
    Today at 12:20:48 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Admin Bring back XYZ.
    March 28, 2024, 10:02:39 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes XYZ you are missed
    March 28, 2024, 09:56:46 PM
  • Mazola: Hey XYZ, miss you buddy!
    March 28, 2024, 08:18:55 PM
  • FirstUpFrom8Hole: Do Piff Daddy know Antiqua has an extradition treaty wif the US of A?
    March 28, 2024, 06:39:42 PM
  • Calhoun: Some White Boy Diddy gave a ride to got popped for Coke and Edibles.
    March 28, 2024, 03:24:42 PM
  • Papillon: TMZ tracked Puff Daddy in Antigua, the West Indies. I don't think he is coming back.
    March 28, 2024, 12:49:49 PM
  • The Thorn: Alligning oneself with the Puff Diddler is probably not a politically correct move at this point
    March 28, 2024, 12:36:34 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal