Author Topic: WHATS GOING ON AT YONKERS RE OPEN HANDICAPS?  (Read 2774 times)

bond

• Elite
WHATS GOING ON AT YONKERS RE OPEN HANDICAPS?
« on: July 16, 2020, 06:53:33 AM »
Not sure whats happening at Yonkers--seems very odd that Open Handicap races at Yonkers which has the highest purse structure-seems to be running for a select few stables.
When Shartin came to town-they gave her the 8 hole-HANDICAP-understandable -she duly won and Snobbytown ran second in a huge mile.
This week its NOT  handicap and Snobbytown-has the 5 hole- after running second to the fastest female in History and being the highest money earner-shes not handicapped. WTF??
I may be wrong-but I always thought that the race secretaries job was to try and make the races as competitive as possible.
Look at the odds--there are only a couple in there that can win-the rest are going around for training miles.
The weakest horses or lowest money earners-are usually handicapped to the inside--NOT AT yonkers!!!
Something is going on that we are not privy to.

yonkersjeff

• Open / FFA
Re: WHATS GOING ON AT YONKERS RE OPEN HANDICAPS?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 02:23:23 PM »

Snobbytown is a pig, he will be off the board. The race he won ,he was the only speed and was lucky to win. Tonite Kaitlyn N will leave in front of him. Kendar N and Imprincegemma A are way better horses.
                 Box the 1 2 4

bond

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 04:03:55 PM »
yonkersjeff--I like your attitude-however-Ill be amazed if you are right and be the first one to congratulate if you win.
Regardless--the race IMHO should be a handicap--not a handout for certain trainers. There are 4 in there that will go off at over 30/1 .

BadGambler1

• NW-1
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 04:07:52 PM »
yonkersjeff--I like your attitude-however-Ill be amazed if you are right and be the first one to congratulate if you win.
Regardless--the race IMHO should be a handicap--not a handout for certain trainers. There are 4 in there that will go off at over 30/1 .
ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

Harness Stats

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2020, 05:40:46 PM »
Doesn't take a genius to know he's talking about the 4 that are 20 to 1 in the morning line.

On the subject of genius Snobbytown referred to 4 times as he ..  is a mare
"Princegemma" is Princessgemma
Kendar N is Kendra N

As for Snobbytown's ability to win races she is 4 for 9 this year  8 for 15 last year and lifetime 37 starts 17 wins 10 seconds and 4 thirds.   That's one pig I'd love to own  ngc3

bond

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2020, 06:36:00 AM »
As you all saw-that race was a set up right from the moment it left the race office -left as NOT a handicap. A handout to the Boys Ron Burke and the Strattons thank them for their generosity. The race had 4 horses go off at over 99/1. Would have been higher but the board doesn’t do three digits. Great job making a competitive race.
I’m sincerely hoping this rubbish stops.

BadGambler1

• NW-1
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2020, 08:11:09 AM »
As you all saw-that race was a set up right from the moment it left the race office -left as NOT a handicap. A handout to the Boys Ron Burke and the Strattons thank them for their generosity. The race had 4 horses go off at over 99/1. Would have been higher but the board doesn’t do three digits. Great job making a competitive race.
I’m sincerely hoping this rubbish stops.
Maybe you should just except you were wrong and move on  ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

FirstUpFrom8Hole

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2020, 08:15:34 AM »
I aiways thought a handicap race added a handicap to the better horses. IE, higher weights for thoroughbreds and outside posts for the jumpers. If you're not going to do that call it an open or preferred or something. But I ain't know nothing, i just steer them in a circle and hope i don't fall off

bond

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2020, 12:28:55 PM »
Maybe you should just except you were wrong and move on  ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
My friend--You are very well named.
 ngc3 73cv.2

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Kirby's Ace: Why? Your already here!
    Today at 12:20:48 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Admin Bring back XYZ.
    March 28, 2024, 10:02:39 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes XYZ you are missed
    March 28, 2024, 09:56:46 PM
  • Mazola: Hey XYZ, miss you buddy!
    March 28, 2024, 08:18:55 PM
  • FirstUpFrom8Hole: Do Piff Daddy know Antiqua has an extradition treaty wif the US of A?
    March 28, 2024, 06:39:42 PM
  • Calhoun: Some White Boy Diddy gave a ride to got popped for Coke and Edibles.
    March 28, 2024, 03:24:42 PM
  • Papillon: TMZ tracked Puff Daddy in Antigua, the West Indies. I don't think he is coming back.
    March 28, 2024, 12:49:49 PM
  • The Thorn: Alligning oneself with the Puff Diddler is probably not a politically correct move at this point
    March 28, 2024, 12:36:34 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal