Author Topic: Burke sick ?  (Read 10555 times)

Calhoun

• Elite
Re: Burke sick ?
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2020, 11:31:15 AM »

Two weeks ago Backstreet Shadow was one of the biggest overlays ever in the Roll With Joe. 
It always looks obvious 2 weeks after the race. 

Thanks for the hot tip.

ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

Harness Stats

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2020, 11:39:06 AM »
It was obvious to me when it happened.  Best score I've had this year.  Been doing well with all the UK horses with him and the others that have them

Your welcome

I'm not trying to redboard just saying that this thread is mostly made up of jealous haters who have no clue to how Burke runs his operation and the work he and his main partners put into it

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2020, 11:47:45 AM »
It was obvious to me when it happened.  Best score I've had this year.  Been doing well with all the UK horses with him and the others that have them

I'm not trying to redboard just saying
Of course you're trying to redboard.

You just did it again.

ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

Harness Stats

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2020, 12:04:35 PM »
Ok .. I touted the UK horses in a different thread before they even raced and I've been a Backstreet Shadow promoter in many threads before and after the lockdown

Sue Me  ngc3 ngc3

pocketrocketwinner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2020, 12:08:23 PM »
Ok .. I touted the UK horses in a different thread before they even raced and I've been a Backstreet Shadow promoter in many threads before and after the lockdown

Sue Me  ngc3 ngc3

BS wasn't that great in the start prior.

Obvious winner to who, those that knew something others did not?

Harness Stats

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2020, 12:28:17 PM »
He didn't leave the gate in the start prior.  Wasn't trying to win that race.  He left hard in the Roll With Joe …. he was trying to win.

I didn't say he was an obvious winner either.  I said that he was an obvious overlay.   Bettor's Wish hadn't even won a qualifier and he was odds on first start as a 4 year old against older horses in a FFA.  Shadow should have been no higher than 2 to 1 and was 9/2 at the gate ending up 4 to 1.  That's the definition of an overlay.

pocketrocketwinner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2020, 12:49:33 PM »
He didn't leave the gate in the start prior.  Wasn't trying to win that race.  He left hard in the Roll With Joe …. he was trying to win.

I didn't say he was an obvious winner either.  I said that he was an obvious overlay.   Bettor's Wish hadn't even won a qualifier and he was odds on first start as a 4 year old against older horses in a FFA.  Shadow should have been no higher than 2 to 1 and was 9/2 at the gate ending up 4 to 1.  That's the definition of an overlay.

He did leave the gate the start prior, I remember it well since I lost a large amount of cash on the race.

Mccarthy let tetrick courtesy tuck. Tetrick then pulled 1st up and caught cover late. He was absolutely trying in that race and the horse was very flat (and disappointing)

Harness Stats

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2020, 01:10:39 PM »
I also lost money on him that race.   We see it differently … Cool …  tmbz1

IMO Leaving and tucking isin't quite the same as blasting to the lead. I read it as a tour of the track in prep for a big money race as the way he raced wasn't his usual style and far beneath his latest qualifier. I blamed it on Tetrick not the horse.

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2020, 01:17:52 PM »

Your welcome

I'm not trying to redboard just saying that this thread is mostly made up of jealous haters who have no clue to how Burke runs his operation and the work he and his main partners put into it

REBOARDING IS FUN tmbz1 ngc3 ngc3
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Harness Stats

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2020, 01:27:22 PM »
REBOARDING IS FUN tmbz1 ngc3 ngc3

Especially when you admit you're right only ten percent of the time.  That one time you hit it feels sooooo goood  ;D ;D ;D ;D

slimshady

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2020, 02:51:23 PM »
"I honestly don't know what his secret is. Special yogurt or something else. But I will say the guy truly works his ass off and can name every horse in his stable, their training schedule, what conditions they need to be in and more from memory."

That sounds like a stretch.   I know a much smaller operation, where there is a person needed to keep track of horses, conditions and races available.   And those horses are all at one facility.

Barnman69

• 4 claimer
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2020, 04:46:23 PM »
He has it all on line. And there is more then one person that helps

private ritual

• 4 claimer
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2020, 10:05:59 AM »
Burke does it the right way. Treats it as a business. Hires former trainers to jog and train daily . his horses get out everyday no matter the weather. Hires the best vets ,injects hocks,ankles etc . Uses best feed and supplements. Buys quality stock and races them were the belong. Employs top drivers who drive for him and don,t play games. Not lazy , no excuses ,works hard and has a system that works 7 days a week 365 days a year.

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2020, 10:31:31 AM »
Burke does it the right way. Treats it as a business. Hires former trainers to jog and train daily . his horses get out everyday no matter the weather. Hires the best vets ,injects hocks,ankles etc . Uses best feed and supplements. Buys quality stock and races them were the belong. Employs top drivers who drive for him and don,t play games. Not lazy , no excuses ,works hard and has a system that works 7 days a week 365 days a year.

tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1

too many haters on this worthless forum
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Locked in with pace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2020, 05:13:20 AM »
watched a youtube video with Burke from 2 years ago. He talked about his overall stable. He mentioned how he doesn't have claimers any more. Now he has a lot. I know purses are better now but why the change of mind? Does the Burke/Weaver/Bruscemi group really need a 10 claimer? Any Thoughts?

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Kirby's Ace: Why? Your already here!
    Today at 12:20:48 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Admin Bring back XYZ.
    March 28, 2024, 10:02:39 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes XYZ you are missed
    March 28, 2024, 09:56:46 PM
  • Mazola: Hey XYZ, miss you buddy!
    March 28, 2024, 08:18:55 PM
  • FirstUpFrom8Hole: Do Piff Daddy know Antiqua has an extradition treaty wif the US of A?
    March 28, 2024, 06:39:42 PM
  • Calhoun: Some White Boy Diddy gave a ride to got popped for Coke and Edibles.
    March 28, 2024, 03:24:42 PM
  • Papillon: TMZ tracked Puff Daddy in Antigua, the West Indies. I don't think he is coming back.
    March 28, 2024, 12:49:49 PM
  • The Thorn: Alligning oneself with the Puff Diddler is probably not a politically correct move at this point
    March 28, 2024, 12:36:34 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal