Author Topic: SPORTSMAN PARK, GREATEST CHICAGO TRACK EVER ,,FEW MEMORIES  (Read 13198 times)

Parts Unknown

• 4 claimer
Re: SPORTSMAN PARK, GREATEST CHICAGO TRACK EVER ,,FEW MEMORIES
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2020, 12:24:24 PM »
Shipped into Sportsman Park with 2 trotting fillies in 1985.Shipped into the Dan Shetler barn.Got talking to Dan who figured out i was canadian by my accent and we talked about hockey.Dan told me that he was Dennis Hull best man at his wedding.Seem like a real nice guy.One night i was outside the barn having a few beers and i see all these fire works going off from a distance and i ask a person what was going on and the person told me that it was coming from comiskey park after a home run hit by a white sox.The grandstand on race nights was packed with a electrifying atmosphere and i loved it as it made me feel right at home.Only there for a week but great experience. tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Parts Unknown

• 4 claimer
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2020, 12:38:36 PM »
I was watching some old time interviews from Chicago racing back in the 70s and 80s and boy that Eleanor Flavin was one good looking woman back in her day.She Eleanor did a very good job interviewing to. tmbz1

SportsmansP5/8

• Open / FFA
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2020, 05:01:56 PM »
Actually Davenchop’s post was a repost of what i wrote and he thought he was being a smart ass but if he doesn't know what Tony did then obviously he doesn't know everything about the scene as far as being smart no Tony was just connected to the ihha board at a young age they kept him out of trouble!!!!! But if you myst know Tony is the real reason Ronnie got kicked out and you all can bitch and moan that i don't k ow it but Tony was the rat and Tony is a very jelous person!!!!! Just like alot of tou posters probably dont know who the original driver was on anniecrombie when she first arrived here but i do and let me tell you he stiffed her one nite so bad the owners and trainers told him to never come back to illinois ever again any ideas whos original driver on annie was????

MR.DALRAE

• Living Legend
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2020, 05:02:35 PM »
What a sight

SportsmansP5/8

• Open / FFA
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2020, 05:09:52 PM »
See alot of people forget about tony morgan was pulled over with alot of shit in his car in dupage county and cut a deal to help some of his buddy get lesser fines this was in the early 90’s kinda funny how these people forget how the all american tony morgan things like this go without notice!!!!! But hes as guilty as any driver ever to sit behind a horse!!!!! Thabts why he cried and through Ronnie boom boom under the bus to keep him and his circle afloat long enough to take over knowing boom boom was gonna get what was at the time a lifetime ban

pugdog1

• Top Claimer
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2020, 06:03:59 PM »
Walter Case I believe

davenchop

• Open / FFA
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2020, 06:44:08 PM »

I was watching some old time interviews from Chicago racing back in the 70s and 80s and boy that Eleanor Flavin was one good looking woman back in her day.She Eleanor did a very good job interviewing to. tmbz1

https://www.pngguru.com/free-transparent-background-png-clipart-mezsy
you cant lose if you dont bet

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2020, 06:56:18 PM »

https://www.pngguru.com/free-transparent-background-png-clipart-mezsy

right now Eleanor cant distinguish French toast from an apple tree..

back in they day she was a kool person very helpful and had a GREAT ASS..

always like her ,,nice person tmbz1

REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

SportsmansP5/8

• Open / FFA
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2020, 01:41:40 AM »
Pug dog you are correct sir walter case gave the first stir around the track on anniecrombie!!!!!! But he also gave her his last ride at sportsmans aswell when he locked her in an unloaded late he cashed a nice ticket but was never on her again!!!! I thought both owner/trainer that nite were gonna off him like they did to mr knox on the backstretch but thats for another more personal thread!!!!!!!!

the beach

• NW-1
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2020, 01:46:22 AM »
Who was the trainer at the time? I’m thinking the late Tex Moats trained her but I may be wrong.

SportsmansP5/8

• Open / FFA
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2020, 01:51:53 AM »
I still have old recordings of chicago harness racing live it was on sportsvision with paradise an flavin she was in her 20’s at that time very beautiful girl was s model at one time and she definitely got around the paddock a-time or two her father gave her a boost in her career as PAT Flavin was a legend,,, he owned thoroughbreds an had an ownership at maywood park in early 80’s!!!! I was young at the time but always watched the 11 o'clock rebroadcast with my father what goodtimes they were sometimes the fans got do loud during gills calls he had to get extra spicey to hear him over the roar of the crowd!!!! Nothing will ever compare to that era of racing an entertainment that was some of the greatest times!!!

SportsmansP5/8

• Open / FFA
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2020, 01:59:42 AM »
I was in my teens when annie became a powerful older mare winning on the open scene i know when carver purchased her he had Bill Darin training her!!!!!!! And that was when ol fish eyes lavern was on her after case got the boot!!!!!!

the beach

• NW-1
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2020, 02:48:15 AM »
I assume Magee started driving her after lavern?

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
  • Unclejerry: In race 4
    April 27, 2024, 08:46:31 PM
  • Unclejerry: Super/Tri/Eacta just given out in Jerrys thread !
    April 27, 2024, 08:45:55 PM
  • Unclejerry: Check Jerry's thread often bets are being made and posted
    April 27, 2024, 07:15:49 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal