Author Topic: By far and away the best Trotter in the Southern hemisphere and is heading here  (Read 2574 times)

TimTimTimbo

• Stakes Horse
Soon. He's 4 years old and is beating the older seasoned trotters. Oscar Bonavena 4yo H by Majestic Son.

https://harness.hrnz.co.nz/gws/ws/r/infohorsews/wsd06x?Arg=hrnzg-Ptype&Arg=RaceVideo&Arg=hrnzg-RacehdrID&Arg=271693&Arg=hrnzg-rSite&Arg=TRUE

Chris Ryder knew what to buy into with Mark Purdon's Dad. Purdon said he is coming up here and may bring him up here himself or let Chris Ryder take him over, he hasn't decided

This horse is lucky to be racing as he got hurt after they purchased him but after consultation with vets from here in USA, he was turned out for 6 months and came back

I hope he ends up over here because he is the best trotter that Purdon has had in my opinion and probably his and would trot faster than 1:50 over here going backwards. He has babied him since his injury avoiding many of the big races. He has already beaten the best in a few races including losing 60 yards at the start and winning by lengths without being asked.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is from an article from 3 months ago

But Purdon is thinking even further ahead, with plans for Oscar Bonavena to be staked for the best races in North America and head there for a long campaign.

Just when and for how long isn’t set in stone and could depend on how he handles their racing style and Purdon says the fine details have yet to be worked out.

“I’d love to give him his chance up there because I think he is good enough and the money is so big.

“So we will stake him for those and whether we train him up there or Chris (Ryder, part owner) takes him over we will decide closer to time.

“So while that is all a long way off that is the plan and one of the reasons we are missing the Inters.”

The thought of Oscar Bonavena maturing even more and performing to his best in the US would make local trotting fans salivate as he has the raw speed and stamina to go close to a 1:50 mile time under the right circumstances.

Bernie Madoff

• Elite
  • In the beginning, man created"god".
He who laughs last, laughs best.

E E Doogie

• Top Claimer
Cant wait to see him. Plenty of money to go around. Come get yourself some

Fatboy

• Living Legend
ANOTHER WANNA BE
IF THEY GOTTA BE TURNED OUT, THEY SHOULD STAY OUT....
KEEP ALOT OF NEED FOR GAS AWAY?

The Exporter

• Elite
Oscar Bonavena did not fare well the last time he came to the USA. Ali gave him a good beating. I believe in reincarnation. Oscar will now dominant USA racing.

TimTimTimbo

• Stakes Horse
Oscar Bonavena did not fare well the last time he came to the USA. Ali gave him a good beating. I believe in reincarnation. Oscar will now dominant USA racing.

Good One... Someone knows their history

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
  • Unclejerry: In race 4
    April 27, 2024, 08:46:31 PM
  • Unclejerry: Super/Tri/Eacta just given out in Jerrys thread !
    April 27, 2024, 08:45:55 PM
  • Unclejerry: Check Jerry's thread often bets are being made and posted
    April 27, 2024, 07:15:49 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal