Author Topic: how to pick out a good yearling any ideas,, theres always something new to learn  (Read 9504 times)

horses first

• Elite
Long pastern yes can equal a fast horse but also the breakdown or the immature of a 2yr old can make that frustrating. I think I remember that was one trait of Tactial Landing when he sold? Videos when they can cover ground have some bounce and there feet aren't on the ground very long.

Emperor Dapple

• Stakes Horse
yearling sale this week at ohio,,then lex then indy then Harrisburg

im gonna try to visit all of them .. tmbz1

ANY TIPS ...I NEED YOUR HELP ;D ;D ;D tmbz1 tmbz1

pls help..

I want absorb as much knowledge from you PIGEONS

as I possibly can. tmbz1

tmbz1

Just bring a copy of ' The Care and Training Of The Trotter & Pacer 1st edition" with you...Everything you need to know is in that book.. YOu will feel like Dancer & Haughton are standing right beside you giving advice on yearlings.

Zoooooming By!

Take a chance on the ones the big shots don't like. If they have decent breeding its worth taking a chance.

Low price cause no one is bidding on them and you can take a shot with a few for low cost. The big shots are not always right, and you might end up with one they didn't like that turns out to be a real good one. Colts are an added bonus.

Lance

• Stakes Horse
I'm taking notes:
"big round ass"
"large deep throat"
"hot new young stallions"
....keep the tips coming.

Bernie Madoff

• Elite
  • In the beginning, man created"god".
I'm taking notes:
"big round ass"
"large deep throat"
"hot new young stallions"
....keep the tips coming.

ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
He who laughs last, laughs best.

MR BRIONI

• Open / FFA

ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
BASED ON WHAT IVE JUST READ, ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS BRING ZOOT
TO THE SALE WITH YOU.

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
BASED ON WHAT IVE JUST READ, ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS BRING ZOOT
TO THE SALE WITH YOU.

HES REALLY OLD ;D ;D
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Bernie Madoff

• Elite
  • In the beginning, man created"god".
HES REALLY OLD ;D ;D

With age comes wisdom.  ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
He who laughs last, laughs best.

Zoooooming By!

Take a chance on the ones the big shots don't like. If they have decent breeding its worth taking a chance.

Low price cause no one is bidding on them and you can take a shot with a few for low cost. The big shots are not always right, and you might end up with one they didn't like that turns out to be a real good one. Colts are an added bonus.

http://ustrottingnews.com/groovy-joe-leads-freshman-colt-pacers-into-nyss-final/

My point exactly!

coryd03

• Stakes Horse
Confirmation is vital along with pedigree depth. Use the videos to rule out horses, but not to jump a poor bred, poorly put together colt to the top, just because it paces all day. These farms know how to get them to look great in the field. Body length, at least for pacers, is underrated and important. Hard for horses to pace fast when they're built to crossfire and interfere.

coryd03

• Stakes Horse
Also, the "big" barns go for what I consider, the "obvious" lookers. You can pretty much call what barns will get which colts based on top looks, with equal pedigree depth. They're always the more well developed, bigger boned, "thick" yearlings. I agree they look good, but you can find value in finer boned,  well put together individuals, that meet your criteria.

Fatboy

• Living Legend

Just bring a copy of ' The Care and Training Of The Trotter & Pacer 1st edition" with you...Everything you need to know is in that book.. YOu will feel like Dancer & Haughton are standing right beside you giving advice on yearlings.

AGREE
AFTER ALL A HORSE IS STILL A HORSE
OR JUST TAKE ERV WITH YA
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 08:18:59 PM by Fatboy »

Lance

• Stakes Horse
You are correct.....yearl ing sales are a very crooked business.

A few years ago I looked at  40 horses who were Million dollar race winners, (Hambo, NA Cup, etc.)  I forget the exact numbers but it was around an average $45K yearling, the mare was average 12 yrs old when horse was foaled and it was average the 5th foal.

Kole Hanover

• Open / FFA

Don't go after a full brother or sister of a champion, for HUGE BUCKS

they call it the "Cancelliere"

spaheaven

• Stakes Horse
Don't go after a full brother or sister of a champion, for HUGE BUCKS

they call it the "Cancelliere"

It's true...Michael Jordan's brother sucked,  Steph Curry's brother sucks, Peyton Manning's brother sucks...oops, ok Giants fans chime in lol.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Time to wake up Admin. Bring back XYZ, this place needs resuscitation.
    Today at 01:57:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: This Site has gone completly down hill.  Iceland must be the next Israel.
    Today at 01:56:39 PM
  • Unclejerry: Bitter Truth just shit his depends
    April 20, 2024, 09:46:06 PM
  • Unclejerry: Unc Jerry Kicks ass at Mohawk
    April 20, 2024, 09:15:06 PM
  • Unclejerry: HONK HONK I shut the sound off on Mohawk, Fuc those two mouths
    April 20, 2024, 08:10:27 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Cock a Doodle Do. Uncle Jerry's says, and cock'el do!
    April 20, 2024, 07:48:44 PM
  • Unclejerry: If Joe is so concerned about the middle east sand rats, why does he and Obunghole keep sending billions to Iran?
    April 20, 2024, 01:56:02 PM
  • Michael Petrelli: WNBA should just copy the Haness Racing business model. State welfare.
    April 19, 2024, 07:42:20 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal