Author Topic: Bongiorno bankruptcy  (Read 20727 times)

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
Re: Bongiorno bankruptcy
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2019, 08:59:50 AM »
Trying to hide shit from the bankruptcy judge is stupid, only going to put you in more peril. Again it's all about following the money, there will be a trail. This isn't like the racing commissions, they mean business. Even if the kids didn't know what was going on court will still recoup the assets that were moved illegally. Bobby, great guy, going to screw his offspring over.  Real classy family.

zoot

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2019, 09:31:29 AM »
I got a question that I can't for the life of me understand the thought process of some parents?

How in the hell does Papa Bon Bon involve his wife and kids in what appears to be illegal activity?

Doesn't sifting assets or evading/hiding assets deliberately from a bankruptcy court mean possible criminal charges?

And if you participate in this scheme in any way shape or form can't you be held criminally libel?

If the penalties are only civil then maybe he figures it's worth the fine to use his kids to hide assets.

Jen left her Meadowlands job to "try her hand at training". 43z.stf

Laundering assets appears to have been the real motive. 91.jzail

Now's she's putting Lou Pena to shame. 68xv.2

as i stated, bob is capable of anything even using his son and daughter to escape his destiny

Powerful Patricks Ghost

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2019, 11:52:21 AM »
If the kids were not aware and to be honest doubt Jennifer lnew anything..then she cane be held criminally. Assetts might be able to be taken....ok sell the horses and without the juice they are worth 22 cents.

lmao ignorance is not a defense for criminal activity

NJ The best

• Elite
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2019, 12:48:58 PM »
Just call him little madoff because he was clearly running a ponzi  scheme.

MR.DALRAE

• Living Legend
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2019, 01:02:10 PM »
Bob will be ok ,,,, he told me himself

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2019, 01:19:22 PM »
bankruptcy fraud penalties, up to 250k fine and 20yrs in jail. You had to know that Bobby B would try and hide the cash, pretty classless to try an move the cash and property to the kids. They won't go down (Jen will, but that is a different story) for it, and they don't have enough class to be embarrassed by it.

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2019, 03:14:46 PM »
why are all you losers involved in this familys personal business

REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

zoot

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2019, 03:46:52 PM »
bobby's wife is the daughter of one of the dancer brothers. i believe she is sonny's daughter. im sure this doesnt sit well in new egypt.

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2019, 03:59:34 PM »
These plop geniuses can't make change for a quarter.

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2019, 05:39:10 PM »
He had a fiduciary responsibility to protect the investors. It looks like he pilfered the cash. He's a criminal and not a very good one. I think they have followed the money and what ever they can get back they will, he didn't hide it well enough.

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2019, 07:02:19 PM »
I can make change for a quarter, why? do you need two dimes and a nickel?
Why?

I'll tell you why.

You run around here like you're some kind of harness racing fucking savant; telling Ruffolo he's an ass hole for running in a $300k race.

You act like you were standing RIGHT THERE! every time any top trainer drugged a horse.

Your redboards are pathetically ham handed.

You act as if you are the only person alive who thinks the industry is poorly regulated.

You make believe you know all other kinds of various and sundry shit you cannot possibly know.

That' about it off the top of my head.

I diagnose your condition as

BUST OUT TRAINER

Sound about right?

slivercharm

• Elite
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2019, 07:08:02 PM »

About as bad as running those credit checks without permission
gonna start a syndicate betting balmoral, who wants to invest?

smokingjoe

• Top Claimer
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2019, 07:38:37 PM »
Bobby's sister - runs in the blood?

Annette Bongiorno
Annette Bongiorno was a long-time personal secretary and aide to Madoff. Bongiorno joined Madoff Investment Securities in 1967, soon after graduating high school; only Madoff's wife Ruth and brother Peter were at the firm longer. She recruited Frank DiPascali, then her next-door neighbor in Howard Beach, to the firm.

She is accused of directing two assistants, Semone Anderson and Winnie Jackson, to generate fictitious trading tickets for customer accounts. During the 1980s, Bongiorno recruited small investors from Howard Beach. Their money was held in accounts called "RuAnn" (named after Annette and her husband Rudy). Madoff paid for her honeymoon airfare. She owns homes in Manhasset, New York, and Boca Raton, Florida, with a combined assessment of $3.85 million. Bongiorno was arrested in November 2010 and charged with conspiracy, securities fraud, and tax evasion. She faced up to 75 years in jail After a brief incarceration in late 2010 and after $7.6 million were seized from Bongiornos' accounts (out of an estimated $14 million personal take), Bongiorno was released to house arrest with ankle monitor at her Manhasset, Long Island, residence on a $3.6 million personal recognizance bond secured by eight co-signers. Her trial opened on October 7, 2013. In a bid for leniency, Bongiorno maintained that Madoff deceived her into printing bogus trade records. She claimed that she was merely doing the same thing she had been doing for over 40 years–bolstering evidence that Madoff began his Ponzi scheme far earlier than 1991.

Bongiorno was convicted in March 2014 on charges of securities fraud and tax evasion. In December 2014, Bongiorno was sentenced to six years in federal prison. The sentence was far shorter than even the eight- to ten-year sentence recommended by her own lawyer. However, federal judge Laura Taylor Swain believed Bongiorno's "small stature"–she is only 4.5 feet (1.4 m) tall–would put her in a "vulnerable position" in prison

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2019, 08:31:39 PM »
Why?

I'll tell you why.

You run around here like you're some kind of harness racing fucking savant; telling Ruffolo he's an ass hole for running in a $300k race.

You act like you were standing RIGHT THERE! every time any top trainer drugged a horse.

Your redboards are pathetically ham handed.

You act as if you are the only person alive who thinks the industry is poorly regulated.

You make believe you know all other kinds of various and sundry shit you cannot possibly know.

That' about it off the top of my head.

I diagnose your condition as

BUST OUT TRAINER

Sound about right?

classic ngc3 ngc3
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

MR.DALRAE

• Living Legend
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2019, 08:47:09 PM »
THIS PLACE IS GETTING NASTY

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: Bitter Truth just shit his depends
    April 20, 2024, 09:46:06 PM
  • Unclejerry: Unc Jerry Kicks ass at Mohawk
    April 20, 2024, 09:15:06 PM
  • Unclejerry: HONK HONK I shut the sound off on Mohawk, Fuc those two mouths
    April 20, 2024, 08:10:27 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Cock a Doodle Do. Uncle Jerry's says, and cock'el do!
    April 20, 2024, 07:48:44 PM
  • Unclejerry: If Joe is so concerned about the middle east sand rats, why does he and Obunghole keep sending billions to Iran?
    April 20, 2024, 01:56:02 PM
  • Michael Petrelli: WNBA should just copy the Haness Racing business model. State welfare.
    April 19, 2024, 07:42:20 PM
  • Unclejerry: If Joe is so concerned about Katlen Clarks salary, why dont he buy a ticket for an WNBA game?
    April 18, 2024, 06:23:45 PM
  • Calhoun: Meadowlands just sent me email .. there's a P-8 Carryover ... $1,800 ... That changes everything ngc3
    April 18, 2024, 04:53:05 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal