Author Topic: Better Joy N  (Read 18101 times)

Bernie Madoff

• Elite
  • In the beginning, man created"god".
Re: Better Joy N
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2019, 11:58:34 AM »
Thats because thats when we were all born.  no wonder can't get any young blood into the sport unless they got dat booty

I wish I was born in 1975.I was 23.
He who laughs last, laughs best.

Bernie Madoff

• Elite
  • In the beginning, man created"god".
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2019, 01:18:05 PM »
In 1975 I was winning races at Sportsman's Park.
OH Those were the days!

tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1
He who laughs last, laughs best.

viking55

• Elite
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2019, 02:42:54 PM »
This reminds me of the wrestling controversy with the guy making the player cut the dreads....
At some point even if you're following the rules to the T you can still be wrong and when you're so wrong someone else should step in and tell you that you're being wrong

Then WHY have ANY rules? SOMEONE will be butthurt about SOME rule. And that guy making the wrestler cut his dreads WAS going by the rules. National Federation rules are VERY clear about that. Use the approved head covering OR cut the hair.  He did NOT have the approved head covering, it's the WRESTLERS fault. OR his coaches. IF you feel the rules are incorrect-work to get the rules changed. Don't bitch about wanting a rule NOT enforced.

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2019, 02:49:16 PM »
in 1975

I was 13 and  11.wj 11.wj 11.wj 11.wj 11.wj 11.wj 11.wj 11.wj 11.wj

to Farrah Fawcett pics in my bedroom
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

EPO

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2019, 05:33:52 PM »
Theres only one reason he didn't go to winners circle.  His horse was scratched.      Hidden ownership and Karma.   

hoosierboy

• Elite
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2019, 06:42:58 PM »
Theres only one reason he didn't go to winners circle.  His horse was scratched.      Hidden ownership and Karma.

So you staying Timmy only own Bettor Joy and not shartin

Zoooooming By!

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2019, 07:50:21 PM »
Bettor Joy N scratched

The U.S. Trotting Association is aware of and disappointed by the Ohio State Racing Commission’s eleventh-hour scratch of Bettor Joy N from the Sam “Chip” Noble III Memorial this afternoon at Miami Valley Raceway. It has been conveyed to us that this was done because Bettor Joy N, while microchipped, did not possess a freeze brand.

https://www.harnessracing.com/news/main/bettor-joy-n-scratched-usta-issues-statement-5-6-2019

viking55

• Elite
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2019, 08:43:53 PM »
The USTA has NO power over ANY state racing commission. They can be "disappointed" by any states decision and it means SQUAT. They are a record keeping organization. Every state has it's own rules.

princess

• NW-1
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2019, 09:55:05 PM »
Sometimes I read the shit you guys write and I just gotta shake my head. Some of you are spot on and others just get an A for imagination.
She has a NZ tattoo and a USTA microchip...she's raced in DE and NY no problem with the microchip.
We were never told the Ohio wasn't honoring an entry if it only had a microchip. How would we know that? Can someone show me where that's written? She's been identified with a microchip all year. Every track has a microchip reader - INCLUDING MIAMI VALLEY.
Joy's lasix was given because she was identified with a microchip reader. Yes, she already was identified via the microchip reader from the state vet. She warmed up and they told us literally when she had her bridle on to race that she was scratched and the reason was because she didn't have an American tattoo. I'm not messing with you...is that the craziest shit you've every heard?! 
We begged the judges and the judges would not budge. I can't tell you how many times I've been in a paddock back in the day when there were tattoos that were on the lips or even a freeze brand on the neck and you couldn't read it and they went off the markings on the paper.
But the bottom line is that she was already identified anyway by a state vet and the identifier could have easily gotten a hold of the microchip reader and also identified her once again for their purposes.
I found out that there have been horses who have raced at Miami Valley with a microchip only and they let them race but didn't let Joy race. There's even more to this story but I wont bore you...
and you can bash all you want for us not going to the winner circle but you have no idea....no idea...what you would do if you were in that position. The Noble Family understood and that includes Dan. Horsemen through out the paddock could not believe what was going on. Everyone was in shock. We got royally shafted. If any of you know me then you know I'm pretty positive and dont let a whole lot tick me off but this has really been a frustrating situation for all of Joy's connections.
So there's your story....
PS I don't go on here a bunch so if you ask me something and I dont reply, it's not personal...I'm just busy

princess

• NW-1
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2019, 10:03:23 PM »
One more thing...there's nothing wrong with microchipping...i ts a step in the right direction..and there's no blame on the USTA...it's not them...it was the Ohio Racing Commission who made this decision. I just hate when people constantly blame the USTA for stuff that isn't even their fault. People get confused on who is responsible for what in this game and everything gets blamed on the USTA for shit they aren't even responsible for so anyway this was an Ohio Racing Commission decision and it was a crappy one.

DEEPSTRETCH

• 4 claimer
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2019, 10:35:37 PM »
Its nice to hear the story from the hotties mouth ....  I meant the horses mouth  ;D

viking55

• Elite
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2019, 10:36:36 PM »
You need to sue the Ohio Racing Commission, in a judicial court of law you can have the USTA testify that they are the identifier for all racing states. The fact that Bettor Joy had been identified by the USTA, makes you a winner in a judicial court of law. Sue for purse, court cost , anguish , make it worth your while . People who have lawsuits that are a lock need to sue these state commissions, they think they are gods , make them pay , knock them down a peg. Maybe it wont happen to the next guy !   

You need to check STATE racing commission rules. The USTA CANNOT testify that THEY are the identifier for ALL STATES. There are some rules of the USTA that some states have adopted, but the USTA HAS NO power over ANY state commission.
I personally have no idea of what the rules are in Ohio, NOR do I care. The fact that people STILL BELIEVE that the USTA has ANY power over state racing commissions amazes me.

viking55

• Elite
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2019, 10:44:22 PM »
Sometimes I read the shit you guys write and I just gotta shake my head. Some of you are spot on and others just get an A for imagination.
She has a NZ tattoo and a USTA microchip...she's raced in DE and NY no problem with the microchip.
We were never told the Ohio wasn't honoring an entry if it only had a microchip. How would we know that? Can someone show me where that's written? She's been identified with a microchip all year. Every track has a microchip reader - INCLUDING MIAMI VALLEY.
Joy's lasix was given because she was identified with a microchip reader. Yes, she already was identified via the microchip reader from the state vet. She warmed up and they told us literally when she had her bridle on to race that she was scratched and the reason was because she didn't have an American tattoo. I'm not messing with you...is that the craziest shit you've every heard?! 
We begged the judges and the judges would not budge. I can't tell you how many times I've been in a paddock back in the day when there were tattoos that were on the lips or even a freeze brand on the neck and you couldn't read it and they went off the markings on the paper.
But the bottom line is that she was already identified anyway by a state vet and the identifier could have easily gotten a hold of the microchip reader and also identified her once again for their purposes.
I found out that there have been horses who have raced at Miami Valley with a microchip only and they let them race but didn't let Joy race. There's even more to this story but I wont bore you...
and you can bash all you want for us not going to the winner circle but you have no idea....no idea...what you would do if you were in that position. The Noble Family understood and that includes Dan. Horsemen through out the paddock could not believe what was going on. Everyone was in shock. We got royally shafted. If any of you know me then you know I'm pretty positive and dont let a whole lot tick me off but this has really been a frustrating situation for all of Joy's connections.
So there's your story....
PS I don't go on here a bunch so if you ask me something and I dont reply, it's not personal...I'm just busy

Princess-It doesn't matter what other states that horse has raced in. Your complaint is with the Ohio stewards. IF you can prove POSITIVELY that other horses were allowed to race there with only a chip and no other id, you definitely have a valid complaint. I don't know the Ohio state horse racing rules. But this comes down to what the state rules are and did the stewards obey them. Anything the USTA says is irrelevant. They are not the governing body. 

HarnessFreak

• 4 claimer
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2019, 12:30:21 AM »
3769-15-10. Registration with associations

(C) No horse shall be allowed to enter a race or a qualifying race unless it has been lip tattooed or freeze branded with the proper identification number. Effective: 1-1-85; 8-10-95; 5-7-01; 2-1-11

Princess, first off read the OHIO RULE above that your trainer should have read before entering the horse. New York has their own rule book. Glad you could race under that jurisdiction.  Ohio rule is black and white.  Maybe next time you bring a horse without a freeze brand into a new state read the Rules for that state. Easy to point blame at other people for your trainers negligence.

Yes, it’s true the USTA is the driving force behind micro chipping.  However they do not dictate when jurisdictions choose to honor the new change.  It appears the USTA and the OSRC have never discussed this issue at length and they we’re not on same page.  Hard to believe since both buildings are located in Ohio.

The annual Board of Directors meeting that discuss rule changes for days, mean absolutely 0%.   All jurisdictions have their own rule books and make changes as they see fit.

The state vet does not give Lasix at Ohio tracks. It’s an independent practice that the management of MIami Valley allows on property.  in your case, sounds like this vet used micro chipping to identify your horse and give her lasix. He did not know rule either.  Thinking you could contact him and get your $50 back ?

Finally, not bringing back Shartin N to winners circle was the most disrespectful thing I’ve witnessed in a longtime.  The NOBLE family has a storied history in Ohio. For an out of town horse to come into town, take $50,000 purse money and then piss on all the Ohio horseman sickens me. 

Keep whining about the extra $25,000 you MAY have won with your ineligible horse. Connections not bringing horse back to winners circle should have been a $25,000 fine !!!!   Karma gods have spoken I’m afraid

Peace I’M OUT. 

Purple Lavern

• Elite
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2019, 12:58:11 AM »
I would have done the same thing...
Just another reason harness racing is headed the way of Elvis & honestly if I am Jim King et al..I tell
those big waisted Ohio folk to take a hike the next time they need some star power for one of the big races...
GIMME SOME MONEY..I am looking for pound notes, loosee change, bad checks, anything..

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Papillon: TMZ tracked Puff Daddy in Antigua, the West Indies. I don't think he is coming back.
    Today at 12:49:49 PM
  • The Thorn: Alligning oneself with the Puff Diddler is probably not a politically correct move at this point
    Today at 12:36:34 PM
  • Janny: I guess Diddy found out it’s not easy Pimpin.
    Today at 10:57:29 AM
  • Calhoun: Diddy say All's Good.  I'm happy this brother set free
    March 27, 2024, 11:57:59 AM
  • Unclejerry: Dr, Poopenstein was really P.Diddy
    March 27, 2024, 10:08:00 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: P. Diddle aint coming back here EVER!
    March 27, 2024, 07:54:44 AM
  • Calhoun: Damn.. P Diddy on the run .. That young puzzy be costing him.
    March 26, 2024, 08:08:38 AM
  • Calhoun: Closing Day .. Red Mile Quarter Horse
    March 26, 2024, 08:07:25 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal