Author Topic: Anybody excited for the bloodedhorse sale?  (Read 7637 times)

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
Re: Anybody excited for the bloodedhorse sale?
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2018, 11:17:10 AM »
Horse shortage
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Dr. Adam Freeham

• Top Claimer
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2018, 06:57:18 PM »
Bought several in partnership with the French Foreign Legion guy, Air Allard.  If Trump  and Macron  can hit it off, so can a Heeb  and a frog  ribbit! ribbit

Refusedtopace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2018, 07:22:04 PM »
My 8 claimer brought $9700. 4 claimer brought $5. Unbelievable

mass hole

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2018, 06:25:31 AM »
sales are so over priced....big waste of time....

viking55

• Elite
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2018, 10:15:55 AM »
sales are so over priced....big waste of time....

Not if you're a juicer buying previously unjuiced horses.  tmbz1 tmbz1

bond

• Elite
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2018, 10:28:38 AM »
Not if you're a juicer buying previously unjuiced horses.  tmbz1 tmbz1

I see Rene Allard purchased about 400,000$ worth of new horseflesh.
He doesnt care what he pays for them-just keeps bidding like hes got a bottomless pit of money.
Horses that should go for 20--he'll pay 40.
There is something very odd about this-very odd.
Why buy all these horses-most ending in claimers-only to be claimed away.?
He also purchased a heap last sale-them brought them all to Indiana and sold the lot shortly after--wtf?
As Shakespeare once wrote in Hamlet "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark"

viking55

• Elite
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2018, 10:50:26 AM »
Have to weed through them and find the ones who "respond" to his "training methods". The ones who do will pay for the ones who don't. Kind of like buying 40 yearlings hoping a couple will pan out.

Winners Win

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2018, 12:33:55 PM »
My 8 claimer brought $9700. 4 claimer brought $5. Unbelievable

Unless I missed it, I dont see a horse that sold for 9700 in the entire sale.  Is this imaginary horses?

slivercharm

• Elite
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2018, 12:43:42 PM »
I see Rene Allard purchased about 400,000$ worth of new horseflesh.
He doesnt care what he pays for them-just keeps bidding like hes got a bottomless pit of money.
Horses that should go for 20--he'll pay 40.
There is something very odd about this-very odd.
Why buy all these horses-most ending in claimers-only to be claimed away.?
He also purchased a heap last sale-them brought them all to Indiana and sold the lot shortly after--wtf?
As Shakespeare once wrote in Hamlet "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark"

Do u not realize it's a money laundering scheme ?
gonna start a syndicate betting balmoral, who wants to invest?

bond

• Elite
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2018, 08:07:39 AM »
Do u not realize it's a money laundering scheme ?

tmbz1 You may be onto something-as this is what this smells like. After taking into consideration his "training fees" and the money he spends at the sales most of his owners would be in a major financial hole-yet the claiming and the buying at sales and selling continues at a rate that ive never seen -nor has anyone else I know.
Anyone else notice that there are less and less claiming races happening?
There used to be many 25,30,40 and 50 claimers in PA---now mostly gone .
Yonkers way less high priced claimers.
Allard certainly hasnt helped this situation IMHO--many owners being sick of just 2-3 trainers dominating this side of racing.
Allard and Banca(maybe others)- dont claim from each other--making the whole claiming game--unattractive for owners.

I believe in free enterprise--but the system these guys have in place is more like a monopoly--and this isnt good for any business.

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2018, 09:34:17 AM »
bottom line is there is a horse shortage everywhere
tracks cancelling cards
short fields at most tracks
even average horses are valuable
horseman have to have horses to send bills to clients so they buy whatever they can find

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2018, 09:47:05 AM »
tmbz1 You may be onto something-as this is what this smells like. After taking into consideration his "training fees" and the money he spends at the sales most of his owners would be in a major financial hole-yet the claiming and the buying at sales and selling continues at a rate that ive never seen -nor has anyone else I know.
Anyone else notice that there are less and less claiming races happening?
There used to be many 25,30,40 and 50 claimers in PA---now mostly gone .
Yonkers way less high priced claimers.
Allard certainly hasnt helped this situation IMHO--many owners being sick of just 2-3 trainers dominating this side of racing.
Allard and Banca(maybe others)- dont claim from each other--making the whole claiming game--unattractive for owners.

I believe in free enterprise--but the system these guys have in place is more like a monopoly--and this isnt good for any business.

Like any other business, it will correct when it no longer produces the desired result. To me, this dude seems to be a bit of a deal junkie. He appears to get as much or more out of making a deal than reaping the benefits of the deal. He is less intimidated by potential loss than others. He also scores big , too.

bond

• Elite
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2018, 10:01:37 AM »
Like any other business, it will correct when it no longer produces the desired result. To me, this dude seems to be a bit of a deal junkie. He appears to get as much or more out of making a deal than reaping the benefits of the deal. He is less intimidated by potential loss than others. He also scores big , too.

tmbz1 Very true--what he is doing as silver charm suggests,would seem to be the perfect outlet to conduct this type of scam.

If you have no worries about potential loss-buy whatever you want-reap the benefits of some of the horses you  buy turning into money makers-while the rest end up "losing" money-is still a win -win for him.
Then add the bonus of doing deals with fellow rivals to collude to keep the ones making money in classes where they dominate=another scam.
IMHO-this is all bad for business.
Owners get out, the horses he races go off at skinny odds stifling betting,-no new owners want to overpay at sales-so your business goes down the toilet.

Pull the Pocket

• Open / FFA
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2018, 10:32:29 AM »
  It is past time for cheap, under funded operations to get out of the game. They are holding the sport back. All this talk about horses being overpriced is bull shit for people who don't belong in the game any longer, How much was brand new auto in 1975? If you cant play with the big dogs, don't leave the porch

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: If Joe is so concerned about Katlen Clarks salary, why dont he buy a ticket for an WNBA game?
    April 18, 2024, 06:23:45 PM
  • Calhoun: Meadowlands just sent me email .. there's a P-8 Carryover ... $1,800 ... That changes everything ngc3
    April 18, 2024, 04:53:05 PM
  • Calhoun: Kirby crossed the Delaware before George Washington to make sure it was safe.  True story 100%
    April 18, 2024, 02:39:12 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Kirby's Ace the most trusted individual in harness racing... at least in his mind. ngc3
    April 18, 2024, 09:32:43 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Only loose ends are the entrails of Delaware residents.
    April 18, 2024, 09:27:22 AM
  • Kirby's Ace: Hopefully Admon is cleaning up loose ands and you know what that means!
    April 17, 2024, 11:26:37 PM
  • Unclejerry: COCK-A-DODDLE-DO is the rooster in a pile of PLOP
    April 17, 2024, 11:11:47 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Was that a trick question?
    April 16, 2024, 08:37:43 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal