Author Topic: Lazarus N  (Read 16811 times)

bond

• Elite
Re: Lazarus N
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2018, 04:29:04 PM »

buffalo believer

• Elite
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2018, 05:08:39 PM »
Pea hearted is an understatement.  Let's see if they use the reliable excuse of "he scoped sick".  It would be so refreshing to hear words of honesty out of Takter saying Lazarbust is not as good as we thought he would be.
I posted this a day before his interview and I'm no genius.   This business is so fucking predictable.  Excuse excuse excuse.  I've never heard a trainer say "the horse isn't what we thought" or "I screwed the horse up".  Always the same "scoped sick" excuse.  Who the hell does he think he is fooling?

Yonkers1

• Elite
« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2018, 05:43:30 PM »
Yonkers now the #1 track in the nation

samstar

• Open / FFA
« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2018, 06:43:09 PM »
Anything For Love told me he parked him once and would park him again. Just saying!

hoosierboy

• Elite
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2018, 10:37:39 PM »
I'm just wondering could the departure of Croghan and Takter have anything to do with what was discovered by Hong Kong on a US sample not yet released.

I didn’t know Croghan was leaving

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

• Open / FFA
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2018, 10:17:56 AM »
Apparently along with Daley

...and Harley-Davidson.

Refusedtopace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2018, 04:34:16 PM »
No stud fee announced.

bond

• Elite
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2018, 04:46:29 PM »
Where??

TimTimTimbo

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2018, 06:26:36 PM »
Mark Purdon comments

The odds must favour Lazarus being retired after his dramatic failure in the Breeder’s Crown and it will hurt all who knew him if this is the way he bows out of one of the greatest harness careers of modern times.

It will especially hurt Mark Purdon, his biggest fan, who formed an emotional bond with the brilliant intelligent, kind Lazarus few other horses in his life have equalled.

“I am still picking myself off the floor” Mark said soon after watching Lazarus fade quickly from the 700m when headed by McWicked and finish last in the race he had been set to win since going to the United States.

“That is just not him. I can’t understand it and don’t know what happened but I know it is not him”

While he is not making a criticism Mark does have one regret about the American career of Lazarus.

He was never consulted on any aspect of the horse’s routines and preferences from the day he was sold.

“Nobody ever rang. I didn’t really expect it because that is the way they do it over there but then maybe I could have been of some help to Jimmy even though he is such a great trainer. Because the environment and racing is so different they prefer to form their own opinions and fair enough. ”

buffalo believer

• Elite
« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2018, 07:22:05 PM »
Mark Purdon comments

The odds must favour Lazarus being retired after his dramatic failure in the Breeder’s Crown and it will hurt all who knew him if this is the way he bows out of one of the greatest harness careers of modern times.

It will especially hurt Mark Purdon, his biggest fan, who formed an emotional bond with the brilliant intelligent, kind Lazarus few other horses in his life have equalled.

“I am still picking myself off the floor” Mark said soon after watching Lazarus fade quickly from the 700m when headed by McWicked and finish last in the race he had been set to win since going to the United States.

“That is just not him. I can’t understand it and don’t know what happened but I know it is not him”

While he is not making a criticism Mark does have one regret about the American career of Lazarus.

He was never consulted on any aspect of the horse’s routines and preferences from the day he was sold.

“Nobody ever rang. I didn’t really expect it because that is the way they do it over there but then maybe I could have been of some help to Jimmy even though he is such a great trainer. Because the environment and racing is so different they prefer to form their own opinions and fair enough. ”
IMO his Interpretation in plain English= Yimmy fucked him up. 

TimTimTimbo

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2018, 07:35:49 PM »
Slightly off topic. Natalie Rasmussen who was involved in that race fixing/Drug episode over there drives the winner (13) on the outside in a 3 way finish and is fined $1,000 for using the whip too many times in the stretch.

Check the race out. IMO (I am an animal lover) that charge should never have been brought. I guess she's making sure she's not accused of stiffing a horse. Purdon and her had 5 horses in the race. It is a heat of the Sires Stakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=172&v=V-ZPLIfaYGw

And in her last 110 drives she has won 55 of them. .500 win percentage shows they got owners with big pockets
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 07:44:56 PM by TimTimTimbo »

buffalo believer

• Elite
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2018, 11:17:36 PM »
Bust in the US. If the horse really did “scope sick” wouldn’t they want to get the horse right and finish his career on a high note and a good performance?  They know that another race would expose him even further as an overhyped bust. 

hammer0419

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2018, 12:26:35 AM »
HE'LL BE ANOTHER LIS MARA . WORST BROODMARE GROUP IN NJ

Refusedtopace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2018, 08:15:36 AM »
Syndation in progress, shares being sold. US stud fee $10,000. Down under stud fee TBD.

dinkadoo

• Elite
« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2018, 11:47:17 AM »
Terrible state to stand a stallion. They need a pacer so for $5-6000 he fills a void. Likely will get less than 60 mares.
you'll never really know...

press statement will say it's a full book, but how many are freebies to bolster the numbers.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Calhoun: Diddy say All's Good.  I'm happy this brother set free
    March 27, 2024, 11:57:59 AM
  • Unclejerry: Dr, Poopenstein was really P.Diddy
    March 27, 2024, 10:08:00 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: P. Diddle aint coming back here EVER!
    March 27, 2024, 07:54:44 AM
  • Calhoun: Damn.. P Diddy on the run .. That young puzzy be costing him.
    March 26, 2024, 08:08:38 AM
  • Calhoun: Closing Day .. Red Mile Quarter Horse
    March 26, 2024, 08:07:25 AM
  • Mazola: ngc3
    March 25, 2024, 10:00:52 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: thet're sisters
    March 25, 2024, 09:04:44 PM
  • Mazola: I heard that he is somehow related to Blutarsky but I can't believe that.
    March 25, 2024, 07:31:04 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal