Author Topic: Is this feasible??  (Read 2111 times)

Gaagoots

• Elite
Re: Is this feasible??
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2023, 11:04:23 PM »
The ship in and detention barns are a joke. Guard leaves let the pre racing begin.

Some of the guards walk around they have no idea a muscle shot take no time. I've actually seen a guy tube one at the Meadowlands detention barn.

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2023, 06:12:07 AM »
What would a same day or even a 24 hour detention barn accomplish? It would only make the real chemists more money.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2023, 07:57:30 AM »
Interesting...

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2023, 08:15:45 AM »
Dont even get me started...It has always pissed me off that owners and drivers get off scott free while trainers bear the brunt only.  I once stood 2 feet from George Brennan and heard him tell an owner about Lou Pena, "If they ever find out what he's using, I'm all done"

What about Napolitano driving all those Oakes gassed up rockets right off the screen at Pocono. As if he doesn't know......

You have to remember a lot, if not the vast majority of owners are truly unaware of what the trainer is enhancing their horse with.  So really it is a trainer, vet. issue.  Owners simply get the bills at the end of the month.
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

Meadow Ford

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2023, 08:04:17 PM »
IMHO!
Spend more time on pre and post race testing.
Pre race draw blood on every horse every race.
Pre race blood gas every horse every race.
Triple and/or quadruple fines and days.
Suspend horse 60 days and must requalify.

Just asking/I don't know.
If you draw blood prerace on every horse, would you still have to draw blood post race on the winner?

How many remember when going to the spit box really ment the horse's spit?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2023, 08:09:05 PM by Meadow Ford »
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

old guy

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2023, 08:37:58 PM »
IMHO!
Spend more time on pre and post race testing.
Pre race draw blood on every horse every race.
Pre race blood gas every horse every race.
Triple and/or quadruple fines and days.
Suspend horse 60 days and must requalify.

Just asking/I
If you draw blood prerace on every horse, would you still have to draw blood post race on the winner?

How many remember when going to the spit box really ment the horse's spit?

Spit swabs in the tray.

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2023, 09:37:40 PM »
No race tracks want the expense of a retention barns so that kind of puts kink in that. I know all the racetracks say they want go clean racing, under their breath they say as long as it doesn’t cost them any money. We need to realize that once they get slots there out of the racing business, just the horsemen are in it. But I have often thought, it’s not a fool proof ideal , what it in order to race at a given track you had to have cameras that monitor every horse & that our online 24-7 & every track  & racing commission , you race at has access to them around the clock. Should there be a stop in the feed the all horse scratched that are enter. I know horsemen will always try and find a way around the cameras , like most have with the testing, but one thing you can count on from horsemen is complacency over time , like at Hoosier where people still treated horse with cameras rolling. Another caveat is to offer a purse bonus, say 10% if you have cameras and give the tracks and commission 24-7 access with no stoppage of feed.

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2023, 07:55:25 AM »
You have to remember a lot, if not the vast majority of owners are truly unaware of what the trainer is enhancing their horse with.  So really it is a trainer, vet. issue.  Owners simply get the bills at the end of the month.
The vast majority of owners that use those trainers may not know the exact name of there drugs gut they know the trainers are using them

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2023, 09:13:18 AM »
The vast majority of owners that use those trainers may not know the exact name of there drugs gut they know the trainers are using them

Yes, and No, I think if its a breeder, with a training stable possibly yes, (Definitely in the case of an NY breeder, that used Oakes, Surick, Navarro and Servus, who will remain unnamed). But casual owners most likely not.
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2023, 10:39:48 AM »
Yes, and No, I think if its a breeder, with a training stable possibly yes, (Definitely in the case of an NY breeder, that used Oakes, Surick, Navarro and Servus, who will remain unnamed). But casual owners most likely not.
Look at who the owners From all the convicted trainers are employing these days. Hunter Oaks. Yea they got no clues. Lol

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: it comes in handy
    May 16, 2024, 02:49:07 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: No do explain...
    May 16, 2024, 11:48:54 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: Have you tried Whackenal in the handy 16 ozcan?
    May 16, 2024, 08:36:36 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    May 15, 2024, 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal