Author Topic: Grasso/Banca  (Read 3208 times)

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
Re: Grasso/Banca
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2023, 09:12:57 PM »
Back in the 2003-2008 years we would sit in the Big M grandstand on Saturday nights. My ownership group always sat together and Bianca’s father was always there since he owned many of the very good horses his son trained. Let me say that the father seemed like a real nasty sob. He rarely held back when things did not go his way. He was also extremely unfriendly. I don’t know what became of him or if he had anything to do with his son’s doping crimes. In the paddock I would see junior who never seemed to talk to anyone. He kept his head down, never smiled and rarely said anything to anyone. A little strange to me back then.

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2023, 09:18:05 PM »
When is Surick going to jail?

Aren't there a few Nick Surick 'experts' on horseplop?  How come they haven't weighed in yet?  Asking for a friend or 2 on horseplop!

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2023, 09:25:45 PM »
what did him is was when he got caught tubing TBs
You are correct  one of the horses was A1 Rocket  big scandal  serious mobsters and bookies.  I wont say more on here because I don't know who some of you are in real life

Laag

• Top Claimer
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2023, 10:01:49 PM »
Didnt he have Devonshire Hanover who went to 3/4s in 1:19 and change in an overnight

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2023, 10:06:31 PM »
Back in the 2003-2008 years we would sit in the Big M grandstand on Saturday nights. My ownership group always sat together and Bianca’s father was always there since he owned many of the very good horses his son trained. Let me say that the father seemed like a real nasty sob. He rarely held back when things did not go his way. He was also extremely unfriendly. I don’t know what became of him or if he had anything to do with his son’s doping crimes. In the paddock I would see junior who never seemed to talk to anyone. He kept his head down, never smiled and rarely said anything to anyone. A little strange to me back then.
Truth is Richie Banca's fortunes for good and bad changed when he got hooked up with Ross Croghan who taught them all
THERE WAS NONE BETTER EVER THAN CROGHAN

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2023, 08:49:43 AM »
The actions of all these guys was/is nothing but pure greed. They and they alone made the decisions that put them were they are.
 Here is another tragedy that is seldom mentioned. How many good owners did these peckerheads destroy. They would jam them in for 20K when they could beat 40K claimers. A straight guy would make a claim and in 2 weeks their new investment could not out run a fat guy. Poof , new owner gets out and runs as far away from harness racing as he can. The damage was/is significant. 

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2023, 09:11:29 AM »
The actions of all these guys was/is nothing but pure greed. They and they alone made the decisions that put them were they are.
 Here is another tragedy that is seldom mentioned. How many good owners did these peckerheads destroy. They would jam them in for 20K when they could beat 40K claimers. A straight guy would make a claim and in 2 weeks their new investment could not out run a fat guy. Poof , new owner gets out and runs as far away from harness racing as he can. The damage was/is significant.

Its not just the likes of these two, For the most part and some will disagree, (Which is fine), a majority of race track vets are no different than whores. In fact they may be worse.  They do things on their own, never consult the owner, go by what the trainer says, (the pimp), and then they extort the owners with a massaged bill.  Now I will preface this by saying there are many fair and honest vets also. But you are not dealing with the mind sets of a neighborhood vet that is liked to your family doctor when it comes to your pet. 

What I am getting at is that the is a sub culture in harness racing of bleeding an owner until they quit and move on, or they have the staying power that backs other people up for pulling these ancient tactics, and it comes back around.   
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

Brkn Headpole

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2023, 10:21:47 AM »
Didnt he have Devonshire Hanover who went to 3/4s in 1:19 and change in an overnight

That was Chansky. I had a horse finish 2nd to him, had to cut his own mile gapped so much in the pocket.

ryansdad

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2023, 11:29:59 AM »
Banca did have devonshire the night  he went 3/4 119 canuseeme bow sat the 2 hole with yannick well not sitting 2 hole chasing i should say Georgie drove for Banca then

Gaagoots

• Elite
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2023, 02:58:03 PM »
Not arguing what Rene was about. Simply said he had talent. Unfortuantely, doping, cocaine, gambling and ties to the mob ruined his life and career. I once asked him what he needed to get even. He puffed his cigar and said, "Two lifetimes"
I agree

Gaagoots

• Elite
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2023, 03:00:09 PM »
Truth is Richie Banca's fortunes for good and bad changed when he got hooked up with Ross Croghan who taught them all
THERE WAS NONE BETTER EVER THAN CROGHAN
Wow did you hit the nail on the head!  👏 👏

Gaagoots

• Elite
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2023, 03:04:30 PM »
what did him is was when he got caught tubing TBs

It was more than that he’s a lowlife scum bag. I can’t tell you how many horses he ruined and starved.

Some fellow loser would tell him about a drug that would go through the box and the fucking idiot would use it on his horses without any research.

This French fucking Canadian was famous for 1 CC of equipoise on both sides of the neck IV! How fucking stupid was that?

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2023, 04:05:36 PM »
Will Grasso walk out of that place in 2026 or will they send him out sooner in a black bag? I'm going with the bag. 11.gn 11.gn

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: it comes in handy
    Today at 02:49:07 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: No do explain...
    Today at 11:48:54 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: Have you tried Whackenal in the handy 16 ozcan?
    Today at 08:36:36 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    May 15, 2024, 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal