Author Topic: 40 Years Ago When I Lived And Breathed The Sport....  (Read 240 times)

0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Ignorance Is Bliss

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 7647
Incredible that I finally found this while looking for pics of Steve Neuhaus' mom at GHT when she was marshall, even my ex if they existed. And finally the old little article John Bruen Sr. did about me when I was taking care of Historic Track and had a barn of mostly young horses. What makes me laugh is him saying after what he witnessed me doing that GHT needs more people like me in the sport....and here I am.  ngc3 ngc3 ngc3



Bitter Truth

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2631
Re: 40 Years Ago When I Lived And Breathed The Sport....
« Reply #1 on: Today at 01:26:57 PM »
Pretty cool Mike. That's why you keep stuff like that. Great memories. tmbz1

dougie

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2615
Re: 40 Years Ago When I Lived And Breathed The Sport....
« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:27:49 PM »
Incredible that I finally found this while looking for pics of Steve Neuhaus' mom at GHT when she was marshall, even my ex if they existed. And finally the old little article John Bruen Sr. did about me when I was taking care of Historic Track and had a barn of mostly young horses. What makes me laugh is him saying after what he witnessed me doing that GHT needs more people like me in the sport....and here I am.  ngc3 ngc3 ngc3



That is so cool Mike! Great pics!

wiggles44

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2090
Re: 40 Years Ago When I Lived And Breathed The Sport....
« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:58:09 PM »



Ignorance Is Bliss

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 7647
Re: 40 Years Ago When I Lived And Breathed The Sport....
« Reply #4 on: Today at 02:01:38 PM »


Hey stupid, how much money was harness racing bleeding off the states to survive in 1986???

PIGLAND

  • Living Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 165253
Re: 40 Years Ago When I Lived And Breathed The Sport....
« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:02:18 PM »
great work mike

Trigger

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 12752
Re: 40 Years Ago When I Lived And Breathed The Sport....
« Reply #6 on: Today at 02:14:04 PM »
Hey stupid, how much money was harness racing bleeding off the states to survive in 1986???

I'll take a stab  tmbz1

They struggled with the concept of simulcasting, savior number 1.

OTB shit holes, most would charge the customer a premium i.e. % less than track price payoff.

ADW's were non existent, bookies were, not G's fake bookie.

Cheating was so rampant they needed $3 base bet tris at Yonkers.

Yonkers purses dipped so low if it wasn't for phenoms like Case to attract at Yonkers (sub 5k purses), Northfield (sub 2k purses) they could of went under.  BigM was heavy weight champ then.

Some avg drivers like CatMan, even top aging guys like Herve pulling double duty at Freehold / BigM - Yonkers to make ends meet.

As bad as it was gamblers meant something, like water to a soiled seed, not this artificial bullshit...that turned more than their greed on roids.  8)
« Last Edit: Today at 02:17:26 PM by Trigger »

TimTimTimbo

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1355
Re: 40 Years Ago When I Lived And Breathed The Sport....
« Reply #7 on: Today at 02:55:25 PM »
Cool memories and proof of how dedicated you were before all the bullshit

seen2much

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3000
Re: 40 Years Ago When I Lived And Breathed The Sport....
« Reply #8 on: Today at 03:06:58 PM »
That's a nice article. It show Mike always cared about the horses.

LUCPARK

  • Living Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 57867
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

LUCPARK

  • Living Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 57867
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
Re: 40 Years Ago When I Lived And Breathed The Sport....
« Reply #10 on: Today at 03:11:52 PM »
That's a nice article. It show Mike always cared about the horses.


caring for horses are in your blood some people say they do most are fake
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

dougie

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2615
Re: 40 Years Ago When I Lived And Breathed The Sport....
« Reply #11 on: Today at 03:12:37 PM »
That's a nice article. It show Mike always cared about the horses.
Cool memories and proof of how dedicated you were before all the bullshit
It's incredible how much hate he gets. But articles and facts don't lie. Mike's an old man much like me now. LOL! But I don't doubt his love for the horses.

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Trigger: Nigga wants to meet me, that one, his pal, his misfits, no joke they're 100% suicidal  ;D
    Today at 03:30:14 PM
  • Trigger: Anyone befriends this lying cocksucker coward Calhoun is a mouse fucker  ngc3
    Today at 03:17:41 PM
  • Trigger: Calhoun just wants attention, he's a sick mentally ill twat...the rest are vics and friends of vics.
    Today at 03:10:33 PM
  • dougie: It's shocking how and animal advocate and anti-corruption whistle blower gets so much hate from so many Plopsters. I mean he's been in the business for a very long time. Pics and article posted by him today proves it. The fact that he's not actively training now has little to do with it. If people hate him, that's on them!
    Today at 03:09:42 PM
  • Trigger: Mike's an animal advocate and anti-corruption how does he manage to have so many enemies?  ngc3 being great at it?  ngc3  Full time jobs to act stupid toward him and nothing more than that!  ;D
    Today at 02:58:16 PM
  • wiggles44: For you Mike, probably a 10 inch dildo on a Mark Ford doll.  :)
    Today at 02:39:13 PM
  • Trigger: If Horseplop has a Plop Peacce Award it'd go to Dougie, the voice of reason and harmony.  A beautiful golden statue of a person and a horse...if there was a statue for my antics it'd have just a head and hatchet stuck in it  ngc3
    Today at 02:24:05 PM
  • JT: No kidding.. right Dougie
    Today at 11:53:19 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal