Author Topic: 40 Years Ago When I Lived And Breathed The Sport....  (Read 725 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Ignorance Is Bliss

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 7660
40 Years Ago When I Lived And Breathed The Sport....
« on: October 02, 2026, 01:18:17 PM »
Incredible that I finally found this while looking for pics of Steve Neuhaus' mom at GHT when she was marshall, even my ex if they existed. And finally the old little article John Bruen Sr. did about me when I was taking care of Historic Track and had a barn of mostly young horses. What makes me laugh is him saying after what he witnessed me doing that GHT needs more people like me in the sport....and here I am.  ngc3 ngc3 ngc3



Bitter Truth

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2635
Re: 40 Years Ago When I Lived And Breathed The Sport....
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2026, 01:26:57 PM »
Pretty cool Mike. That's why you keep stuff like that. Great memories. tmbz1

dougie

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2618
Re: 40 Years Ago When I Lived And Breathed The Sport....
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2026, 01:27:49 PM »
Incredible that I finally found this while looking for pics of Steve Neuhaus' mom at GHT when she was marshall, even my ex if they existed. And finally the old little article John Bruen Sr. did about me when I was taking care of Historic Track and had a barn of mostly young horses. What makes me laugh is him saying after what he witnessed me doing that GHT needs more people like me in the sport....and here I am.  ngc3 ngc3 ngc3



That is so cool Mike! Great pics!

wiggles44

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2110
Re: 40 Years Ago When I Lived And Breathed The Sport....
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2026, 01:58:09 PM »



Ignorance Is Bliss

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 7660
Re: 40 Years Ago When I Lived And Breathed The Sport....
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2026, 02:01:38 PM »


Hey stupid, how much money was harness racing bleeding off the states to survive in 1986???

PIGLAND

  • Living Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 165253
Re: 40 Years Ago When I Lived And Breathed The Sport....
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2026, 02:02:18 PM »
great work mike

Trigger

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 12823
Re: 40 Years Ago When I Lived And Breathed The Sport....
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2026, 02:14:04 PM »
Hey stupid, how much money was harness racing bleeding off the states to survive in 1986???

I'll take a stab  tmbz1

They struggled with the concept of simulcasting, savior number 1.

OTB shit holes, most would charge the customer a premium i.e. % less than track price payoff.

ADW's were non existent, bookies were, not G's fake bookie.

Cheating was so rampant they needed $3 base bet tris at Yonkers.

Yonkers purses dipped so low if it wasn't for phenoms like Case to attract at Yonkers (sub 5k purses), Northfield (sub 2k purses) they could of went under.  BigM was heavy weight champ then.

Some avg drivers like CatMan, even top aging guys like Herve pulling double duty at Freehold / BigM - Yonkers to make ends meet.

As bad as it was gamblers meant something, like water to a soiled seed, not this artificial bullshit...that turned more than their greed on roids.  8)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2026, 02:17:26 PM by Trigger »

TimTimTimbo

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1358
Re: 40 Years Ago When I Lived And Breathed The Sport....
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2026, 02:55:25 PM »
Cool memories and proof of how dedicated you were before all the bullshit

seen2much

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3001
Re: 40 Years Ago When I Lived And Breathed The Sport....
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2026, 03:06:58 PM »
That's a nice article. It show Mike always cared about the horses.

LUCPARK

  • Living Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 57874
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

LUCPARK

  • Living Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 57874
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
Re: 40 Years Ago When I Lived And Breathed The Sport....
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2026, 03:11:52 PM »
That's a nice article. It show Mike always cared about the horses.


caring for horses are in your blood some people say they do most are fake
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

dougie

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2618
Re: 40 Years Ago When I Lived And Breathed The Sport....
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2026, 03:12:37 PM »
That's a nice article. It show Mike always cared about the horses.
Cool memories and proof of how dedicated you were before all the bullshit
It's incredible how much hate he gets. But articles and facts don't lie. Mike's an old man much like me now. LOL! But I don't doubt his love for the horses.

Ignorance Is Bliss

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 7660
Re: 40 Years Ago When I Lived And Breathed The Sport....
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2026, 05:26:47 PM »
It's incredible how much hate he gets. But articles and facts don't lie. Mike's an old man much like me now. LOL! But I don't doubt his love for the horses.

Simple, the hate is the result of actually getting something done that has NEVER been done before. A former trainer who actually loves the sport, adores the horses and was carrying a grudge is now their biggest nightmare. Ford was right about one thing he said to Dave Yarock, DO NOT GIVE PETRELLI ANY CREDIBILITY. Well....too late fuckers. Remember, when I'm quiet there's something coming over the horizon.  tmbz1

Doug, when I saw the frame of that page I remembered that colt instantly. He was owned by a guy named Willie Younghans. Had a bunch of homebreds he raised in his backyard. I had the sister too, Wayneeva Dottie. She was the fast one, but couldn't stay sound.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2026, 05:38:42 PM by Ignorance Is Bliss »

G

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3105
Re: 40 Years Ago When I Lived And Breathed The Sport....
« Reply #13 on: Today at 10:01:50 AM »
Simple, the hate is the result of actually getting something done that has NEVER been done before. A former trainer who actually loves the sport, adores the horses and was carrying a grudge is now their biggest nightmare. Ford was right about one thing he said to Dave Yarock, DO NOT GIVE PETRELLI ANY CREDIBILITY. Well....too late fuckers. Remember, when I'm quiet there's something coming over the horizon.  tmbz1

Doug, when I saw the frame of that page I remembered that colt instantly. He was owned by a guy named Willie Younghans. Had a bunch of homebreds he raised in his backyard. I had the sister too, Wayneeva Dottie. She was the fast one, but couldn't stay sound.
Mike you bring the hatred on yourself. There's a reason why you're not allowed on any race tracks or farms. Can everybody be wrong?

Trigger

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 12823
Re: 40 Years Ago When I Lived And Breathed The Sport....
« Reply #14 on: Today at 10:06:40 AM »
Mike you bring the hatred on yourself. There's a reason why you're not allowed on any race tracks or farms. Can everybody be wrong?

Take a picture of you and "everybody" (a handful of harness crooks and scum  ngc3) should be easy you lie fucking every day over the course of a month that you had lunch with them. ngc3

That's Mike's pic you asshole, where's yours...never, because you're ugly!  ;D

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • JT: Lasted about 30 minutes  ngc3
    Today at 04:12:37 PM
  • JT: I tried a peace accord. With all parties involved. It failed miserably ngc3
    Today at 04:12:16 PM
  • wiggles44: Take a break Mike :)
    Today at 02:32:36 PM
  • Trigger: I'm willing to negotiate a peace accord with Kirby & Calhoun even invite them for dinner  tmbz1 they'll have to donate their rib cages to the BBQ though  ngc3
    Today at 02:22:44 PM
  • wiggles44: You’re still here Mike?
    Today at 01:59:49 PM
  • Trigger: Kirby has to cancel his trip to real fantasy land Disney with his fake grandson  ngc3  Good thing he's fake, apple falling close to that tree  ngc3 and Kirby being angry and touchy and his fascination with Thailand  ;D
    Today at 01:27:50 PM
  • Dingus: Dixie Highway?
    Today at 01:20:09 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: Sirens all night long. Glad to get the hell out of there.
    Today at 01:12:51 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal