Author Topic: Big Ranger  (Read 3571 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Horseradish

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 288
Re: Big Ranger
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2026, 12:34:53 PM »
After watching Bobble's drive on Beau Jangles on Monday does that change your mind that you wouldn't want someone who may not be able to handle the pressure of the Hambo ??

Meadow Ford

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1064
Re: Big Ranger
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2026, 12:42:28 PM »
Had the horse been in my barn in the way he did, he would have left minus 2 inches of toe on the left front! 73cv.2
You want to cripple the horse because you don't like the owner.
SHAME ON YOU!
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

Harness racer

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4872
Re: Big Ranger
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2026, 01:14:40 PM »
You want to cripple the horse because you don't like the owner.
SHAME ON YOU!

I was thinking the same thing.  Just kick the owner's ass. Horse didn't do anything wrong.

LUCPARK

  • Living Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 57856
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
Re: Big Ranger
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2026, 03:47:20 PM »
I see Banana Beach has a new trainer and driver too, another Gillespie horse, correct?  Looked awful good at Lexington Tuesday.
I thought the article pulling out the race card was a bit much.
  turned down 800k
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Brown jug

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3925
Re: Big Ranger
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2026, 08:48:04 PM »
no need for the comment about color to be in the article
writer had no information to back that up
irresponsible journalism
just trying to stir shit up with a comment like that
also ronnie said he would send big ranger to another trainer and he would continue to drive him
i think he had that backwards, had he said he would continue to train but get a top catch driver he might still have the horse

The Unstable

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 815
Re: Big Ranger
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2026, 11:32:34 PM »
Good trainer, but he insisted on driving, Another Matt Bax, I never understood these Trainers who insist on driving while the real drivers watch.

They knew that was part of the deal.  He made them a lot of money and produced many good horses for them. If he was mine I might feel the same way about a top driver but I don't think I could ever pull the horse.  Blair Burgess won the Hambo 2X and I think I remember people like John Campbell and others there. 

As for Ronnie getting a percentage I believe that is untrue, they should give him a breeding share regardless of this article.

My guess is on Big Ranger is somebody gone in Madison Globals ear that if they won the Hambo he would be worth tons at a stallion and somehow that's how he got moved.  But that's speculation.

The bottom line is Ronnie picked out and trained Sugar Instead, , Banana Beach,Big Ranger., plus OHSS 3 yo with Alagna My Boy Pank.   

The people who moved Banana Beach did not even talk to him at all from what I have heard.  It doesn't make a lot of sense because if you meet Ronnie he is as nice as can be. He trains horses very hard and those owners I believe are thoroughbred people and wanted their horses in a top looking farm looking great. So it makes sense they chose a first class operation like Pinske's. 

Pinske, does a fine job and heard only good things about him but he has never developed anything like Sugar Instead, Banana Beach and Big Ranger if i'm not mistaken.And they spent way more money trying to do so. 

Those 3 horses the owners spent 51K and have made 1.7 million in purses.  ++++++ Big Ranger as stud? Banana Beach and Sugar Instead babies ? add probably 1-2 million to that number. And they are all still racing. Any owner would be happy to get one of them in a lifetime.

Big Ranger IMO is a freak.  He will win the Hambo. People can do with their horses what they want.  But the optics aren't the best. 

« Last Edit: August 06, 2026, 11:55:52 PM by The Unstable »

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Trigger: When Plop Admin kills a nigga he stays dead...in Tennessee, Krista Pike was give a lethal injection, then another, which didn't get here dead but snore loudly.  Talk about incompetant cunts...in other news there our beloved Dolly Parton remains deceased.  Guess if you wanna kill someone righy there ask an old woman  ngc3
    Today at 08:01:28 AM
  • wiggles44: Get some rest Mike.  Busy day doing nothing today.   :)
    Today at 07:42:38 AM
  • Trigger: You must receive a prize after saying "dick pic" in this forum 20 times today  ngc3
    September 30, 2026, 11:18:23 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: And put your pecker away you pervert
    September 30, 2026, 11:16:36 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: ngc3
    September 30, 2026, 11:16:12 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: Repeat 10 times and say 5 hail Mary's. Kirbys Ace, Kirbys Ace Kirbys Ace,Kirbys Ace and the last one Kirby's Ace!
    September 30, 2026, 11:15:36 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: Sorry but I'm way in your head if that's what you're thinking of!  I guess that Dick Pic really messed you up!
    September 30, 2026, 11:13:03 PM
  • Trigger: Kirby simply say thank you, Kirby's Ace is not your screen name here it's Kirbys Ace with out the apostrophe " ' ", embarresing that you changed your screen name if I taught you how to spell it. Too bade your family has less than a man in you and a dummy to boot  ngc3
    September 30, 2026, 10:25:40 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal