Author Topic: Confetti halts the Meadowlands  (Read 2600 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

arniesarmy

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1052
Confetti halts the Meadowlands
« on: August 01, 2026, 11:07:13 PM »
Race 11 has been delayed for 10 minutes now because the backstretch has to be cleared of confetti from fireworks at the stadium. I would think maybe the fireworks would have delayed races, but confetti? Horse race in snowstorms and rainstorms. Confetti is going to trip them up? Never would have thought it.

Kirby's Ace

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4754
Re: Confetti halts the Meadowlands
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2026, 11:12:41 PM »
I can tell you never sat behind one and that's why I'll excuse this one.

However, stop by my farm one day and I'll let you jog one and then throw shredded paper in front of you and we'll see what you think! But your responsible for the horse!
9/09/26 A day of celebration!

arniesarmy

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1052
Re: Confetti halts the Meadowlands
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2026, 12:40:39 AM »
I can tell you never sat behind one and that's why I'll excuse this one.

However, stop by my farm one day and I'll let you jog one and then throw shredded paper in front of you and we'll see what you think! But your responsible for the horse!

I did jog a cheap horse I was part of 30 years ago on Del Insko's farm in northern Illinois. Would not think small shredded paper would spook them, but obviously you know. Thanks for the response.

MIKE CAMPBELL

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2798
Re: Confetti halts the Meadowlands
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2026, 06:02:06 AM »
I've had horses spook from a piece of paper 20 feet away

Harness racer

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4872
Re: Confetti halts the Meadowlands
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2026, 06:04:45 AM »
It’s crazy what spooks a horse.   They are definitely creatures of habit and anything out of the norm throws them off.

Jctoronto

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2204
Re: Confetti halts the Meadowlands
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2026, 06:32:42 AM »
Mid 70s Montreal's Blue Bonnets, Sunday afternoon mid card big crowd. They had just had raffle for new mobile home. The draw happened after race 6 or 7. 
Hundreds of losing ticket stubs from hundreds on the apron at rail began to swirl in strong wind in the stretch as horses in next race were coming for home. Yves Filion and Count Clay involved in big accident as he was spooked. Refund No Contest if I remember the call right.  And I believe they had to bring out the horse ambulance right in front of all of us to either remove CC or another from the proceedings.

That promotion needless to say was not repeated again at BBR.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2026, 06:39:47 AM by Jctoronto »

Meadow Ford

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1064
Re: Confetti halts the Meadowlands
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2026, 02:10:04 PM »
A windblown hot dog wrapper maybe the worst.
Average horse will think it is a jet plane coming full speed at them.
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

Meadow Ford

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1064
Re: Confetti halts the Meadowlands
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2026, 02:22:44 PM »
I did jog a cheap horse I was part of 30 years ago on Del Insko's farm in northern Illinois. Would not think small shredded paper would spook them, but obviously you know. Thanks for the response.
You would not recognize Del Insko's farm today.
Main horse pasture is now a sub division with a dozen or more half a million dollar homes.
100 or so empty stalls.
Barn offices full of trophies, memories, and pictures.
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

arniesarmy

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1052
Re: Confetti halts the Meadowlands
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2026, 12:37:55 AM »
You would not recognize Del Insko's farm today.
Main horse pasture is now a sub division with a dozen or more half a million dollar homes.
100 or so empty stalls.
Barn offices full of trophies, memories, and pictures.
I'm sure. Del was a nice guy. Saw him plenty of times at the OTB in Rockford. Always had a toothpick in his mouth.

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Trigger: When Plop Admin kills a nigga he stays dead...in Tennessee, Krista Pike was give a lethal injection, then another, which didn't get here dead but snore loudly.  Talk about incompetant cunts...in other news there our beloved Dolly Parton remains deceased.  Guess if you wanna kill someone righy there ask an old woman  ngc3
    Today at 08:01:28 AM
  • wiggles44: Get some rest Mike.  Busy day doing nothing today.   :)
    Today at 07:42:38 AM
  • Trigger: You must receive a prize after saying "dick pic" in this forum 20 times today  ngc3
    September 30, 2026, 11:18:23 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: And put your pecker away you pervert
    September 30, 2026, 11:16:36 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: ngc3
    September 30, 2026, 11:16:12 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: Repeat 10 times and say 5 hail Mary's. Kirbys Ace, Kirbys Ace Kirbys Ace,Kirbys Ace and the last one Kirby's Ace!
    September 30, 2026, 11:15:36 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: Sorry but I'm way in your head if that's what you're thinking of!  I guess that Dick Pic really messed you up!
    September 30, 2026, 11:13:03 PM
  • Trigger: Kirby simply say thank you, Kirby's Ace is not your screen name here it's Kirbys Ace with out the apostrophe " ' ", embarresing that you changed your screen name if I taught you how to spell it. Too bade your family has less than a man in you and a dummy to boot  ngc3
    September 30, 2026, 10:25:40 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal