Author Topic: Well, I've seen it all now  (Read 2907 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

NatHillIV

  • 4 claimer
  • **
  • Posts: 61
Well, I've seen it all now
« on: July 01, 2026, 08:30:14 PM »
Race 3, Hoosier Park tonight (July 1, 2026).
VERY interesting race to say the least.
Comments welcome.

Kirby's Ace

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4754
Re: Well, I've seen it all now
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2026, 08:31:39 PM »
Please elaborate
9/09/26 A day of celebration!

Bitter Truth

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2620
Re: Well, I've seen it all now
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2026, 08:34:20 PM »
Only thing I can think of that you must be eluding to is the lack of a DQ on the2. Didn't really
watch the replay. Did think he left the course though that doesn't neccessary DQ you. WAS
surprised he was still up there to be considered. Really strung out field.

NatHillIV

  • 4 claimer
  • **
  • Posts: 61
Re: Well, I've seen it all now
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2026, 08:38:12 PM »
The horse that finished third made a break, darted inside the pylons, and had both wheels inside the pylons for quite a while.  Leaving him in third may have been totally correct, it was just nothing I have ever seen before.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2026, 08:49:24 PM by NatHillIV »

Trigger

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 12677
Re: Well, I've seen it all now
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2026, 09:41:20 PM »
The pylons I get.

On the straightaway didn't seem to gain an edge, like on a turn.

Nice to see drivers try to recover breakers.

NatHillIV

  • 4 claimer
  • **
  • Posts: 61
Re: Well, I've seen it all now
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2026, 10:39:48 PM »
The pylons I get.

On the straightaway didn't seem to gain an edge, like on a turn.

Nice to see drivers try to recover breakers.
That's essentially what the judges said.  They took a while to make the decision.  Sure looked odd to me to see a guy charge up inside the pylons!  Pretty straight shot.  :)

Bitter Truth

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2620
Re: Well, I've seen it all now
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2026, 10:46:02 PM »
Essentially if you go inside on the turn, you are shaving off distance. Inside the pylons
in the straightaway is the same distance traveled.

Trigger

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 12677
Re: Well, I've seen it all now
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2026, 10:49:56 PM »
Essentially if you go inside on the turn, you are shaving off distance. Inside the pylons
in the straightaway is the same distance traveled.

Yes, and it was unintentional, and done for safety....whereas someone locked in pulled that move, out and back in, they're coming down 100%.

porkchop

  • Top Claimer
  • ***
  • Posts: 209
Re: Well, I've seen it all now
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2026, 10:51:04 PM »
Regardless he was off the track . Even Gabe said a clear pylon infraction. Just another 1st time for everything!!!

Bitter Truth

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2620
Re: Well, I've seen it all now
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2026, 10:55:27 PM »
He probably had the 4th place horse in the tri. ;D

Trigger

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 12677
Re: Well, I've seen it all now
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2026, 11:01:11 PM »
He probably had the 4th place horse in the tri. ;D

Too bad he wasn't in the judges office when the inquiry lit up and before their decision...when they said, what do you have?  ngc3

SeattleSlew

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 701
Re: Well, I've seen it all now
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2026, 01:43:01 AM »
Regardless he was off the track . Even Gabe said a clear pylon infraction. Just another 1st time for everything!!!

Exactly:

In harness racing, a horse that leaves the racetrack by going inside the pylons for a meaningful distance is not automatically completely disqualified (taken out of the purse entirely) unless specific conditions are met, but it will face a mandatory "placing" penalty (relegation). Even if the horse does not gain any ground or improve its position, traveling inside the pylons for an extended distance violates the rules of the track and compromises the safety and integrity of the race.Under the standard model adopted by major racing jurisdictions and the United States Trotting Association (USTA), the consequences depend entirely on how many consecutive pylons the horse passes on the inside while on stride:Inside 2 consecutive pylons: The offending horse must be placed behind any horses that are "lapped on" (finishing right next to/close behind) to it at the wire.Inside 3 or more consecutive pylons: If a horse goes inside three or more consecutive pylons—which constitutes your scenario of a "meaningful distance"—it is a major infraction. The judges will issue a severe placing penalty, typically ordering the horse to be placed last in the official standings.Note on Exceptions: The only times a horse will not be penalized for going inside the pylons is if the driver was forced inside due to interference from another horse/driver, or if the horse was on a break (galloping) and the driver went inside to safely get the horse out of the way of the field without gaining an advantage.The Governing Rules and Rule NumbersHarness racing is governed by state racing commissions, which typically align their rulebooks with the model rules of the Association of Racing Commissioners International (ARCI) and the USTA. The specific rule numbers addressing this include:Model Pylon Rule (Standardized): Across major racing jurisdictions (such as the Ontario Racing Commission/AGCO, Pennsylvania, and New York), this standard language is commonly codified under the track's specific "Pylon Rule" section.Indiana: Covered under ⁠71 IAC 4-3-15 (Pylons).New Jersey: Covered under ⁠N.J. Admin. Code § 13:71-20.25 (Pylons).Kentucky: Covered under ⁠811 KAR 1:075, Section 2 (Racing and track rules).I

PineHurstPacer

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 577
Re: Well, I've seen it all now
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2026, 01:49:12 AM »
R. Wrenn went completely inside the last 2 pylons offstride at the Meadows and didn't placed because Ray ran him over

NatHillIV

  • 4 claimer
  • **
  • Posts: 61
Re: Well, I've seen it all now
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2026, 08:07:20 AM »
He was inside 10 pylons or  more with both wheels.
Interesting conversation.  Thanks.

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • dougie: BIG DAY AT BELMONT FOLKS!!!!! GET THOSE WAGERS READY!!!!!
    Today at 10:37:24 AM
  • wiggles44: The EAA facebook group would love these screenshots :)
    Today at 10:36:47 AM
  • G: Wiggles thank you for these beautiful screenshots
    Today at 10:35:54 AM
  • G: I must say I thoroughly enjoy wiggles screenshots
    Today at 10:35:46 AM
  • G: When I talked to the carriage horse woman and mentioned your name she hung up the phone
    Today at 10:35:14 AM
  • wiggles44: Screenshots
    Today at 10:32:22 AM
  • wiggles44: EAA aren’t going to Halle with these
    Today at 10:32:10 AM
  • G: Get off the chair and get a job
    Today at 10:27:37 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal