Author Topic: Big Ranger  (Read 15640 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

hoosierboy

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 11872
Re: Big Ranger
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2026, 09:33:35 PM »
If I owned the horse I would change drivers too for the big money, change trainers no way, especially to her.

Agree on both

Call Sign Merlin

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 318
Re: Big Ranger
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2026, 10:48:32 PM »
Agree on both

Agreed - the horse is going to come back to Ohio at some point for the Super Final at least so why not find a trainer with a Meadowlands outfit and then give him back to Ronnie.  Lorentzon is middle of the road in Ohio and that’s your go to. 

hoosierboy

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 11872
Re: Big Ranger
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2026, 08:10:36 AM »
Agreed - the horse is going to come back to Ohio at some point for the Super Final at least so why not find a trainer with a Meadowlands outfit and then give him back to Ronnie.  Lorentzon is middle of the road in Ohio and that’s your go to.

100% correct.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2026, 08:15:07 AM by hoosierboy »

MCR

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 953
Re: Big Ranger
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2026, 08:20:50 AM »
If I owned the horse I would change drivers too for the big money, change trainers no way, especially to her.
If I owned him I'd believe in the guy that developed him.   He just drove the horse against the likes of Dexter, Yannick etc now If he screwed up id make a suggestion but in no way id pull the horse. My point being was harness racing is ll tough game worth no loyalty

The Answer

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 489
Re: Big Ranger
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2026, 08:38:19 AM »
Agree on both

What would say if Ronnie said I drive or take the horse?

jupiter

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2473
Re: Big Ranger
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2026, 11:15:44 AM »
I don' t know the whole story but I would have said "take him take the rest" and good luck. I lost an owner, same deal 2yr old colt trotter, won a couple of baby races and a 2yr old maiden. Called me and told me he was sending him to NJ, I asked to who? Oh I just want to give him a real chance. I told him to come and get all 3 of his horses with a check for what he owed me. He never was a quick payer. He sent his wife and kids with a shipper. I had raced horses at the Big M, Freehold and GSP. I wasn't scared to go back, I never left.
 

Call Sign Merlin

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 318
Re: Big Ranger
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2026, 01:01:58 PM »
What would say if Ronnie said I drive or take the horse?

I would say that’s dumb and shortsighted of Ronnie while also saying it doesn’t really make sense given that they left their other horses with him.  Also doesn’t make the Annette part of this any smarter.

Checked Up

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 738
Re: Big Ranger
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2026, 03:52:27 PM »
I don' t know the whole story but I would have said "take him take the rest" and good luck. I lost an owner, same deal 2yr old colt trotter, won a couple of baby races and a 2yr old maiden. Called me and told me he was sending him to NJ, I asked to who? Oh I just want to give him a real chance. I told him to come and get all 3 of his horses with a check for what he owed me. He never was a quick payer. He sent his wife and kids with a shipper. I had raced horses at the Big M, Freehold and GSP. I wasn't scared to go back, I never left.
Sending the wife was a total chicken shit move!!

getreal

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 597
Re: Big Ranger
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2026, 12:57:45 AM »
If Ronnie G was given the option of training but not driving he should've said yes. And that to me is the right move by all. Not sure how it went down

Deadbeat

  • 4 claimer
  • **
  • Posts: 89
Re: Big Ranger
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2026, 05:16:56 AM »
It always amazed me how some trainers think they are in charge when it comes to decisions about a horse they don’t own. When trainers forget that’s when problems start.






« Last Edit: June 02, 2026, 07:14:56 AM by Deadbeat »

Ramone

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 330
Re: Big Ranger
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2026, 06:20:25 AM »
The owner's obligation is to pay his/her bills in a timely fashion. That's it.

dinkadoo

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 5640
Re: Big Ranger
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2026, 11:05:18 AM »
Kicking it around, would like to know what kind of conversations were had before making a decision on how I feel?

Does Ronnie want to or have the resources to travel around the country while managing his stable ?
Was RG asked to give up driving ?
Was the decision based on someone doing better training of the horse ?

JT

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3656
Re: Big Ranger
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2026, 09:20:30 PM »
In to go Saturday at Scioto Race 11 in an Ohio Sire Stakes Race for $75,000
Driver listed...Tim Tetrick

rainman2

  • Living Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 27197
Re: Big Ranger
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2026, 09:32:27 PM »
It always amazed me how some trainers think they are in charge when it comes to decisions about a horse they don’t own. When trainers forget that’s when problems start.

Define decisions?

Vet work?

Driver choices?

Other?
Horseplop isn’t a popularity contest!!

SDST2009

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 781
Re: Big Ranger
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2026, 01:19:48 PM »
Big Ranger will have been off for a month as of tomorrow. Missing the 3yo colt OSS tonight at NFLD; did not surface in anything at the Meadowlands over the last couple weeks either (though to be fair, I don't know if he was eligible).

Anyone know where he will surface next, or did something happen?

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Trigger: At Plop U. my alma mater, the motto is - Flush Your Life Away...II feel I've successfully lived up to it as well as keep up with my student loan interest payments to Rocky directly..shere does that $$$$ go  ngc3
    Today at 08:37:45 AM
  • JL52: JL52
    Today at 08:21:00 AM
  • Trigger: When Plop Admin kills a nigga he stays dead...in Tennessee, Krista Pike was give a lethal injection, then another, which didn't get here dead but snore loudly.  Talk about incompetant cunts...in other news there our beloved Dolly Parton remains deceased.  Guess if you wanna kill someone righy there ask an old woman  ngc3
    Today at 08:01:28 AM
  • wiggles44: Get some rest Mike.  Busy day doing nothing today.   :)
    Today at 07:42:38 AM
  • Trigger: You must receive a prize after saying "dick pic" in this forum 20 times today  ngc3
    September 30, 2026, 11:18:23 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: And put your pecker away you pervert
    September 30, 2026, 11:16:36 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: ngc3
    September 30, 2026, 11:16:12 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: Repeat 10 times and say 5 hail Mary's. Kirbys Ace, Kirbys Ace Kirbys Ace,Kirbys Ace and the last one Kirby's Ace!
    September 30, 2026, 11:15:36 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal