Author Topic: offset knees  (Read 4975 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

PineHurstPacer

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 577
offset knees
« on: August 26, 2025, 07:20:56 PM »
If your an expert and see a yearling video that has offset knees, please post it.

I'm not a buyer, just curious what one would look for.

tia

SDST2009

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 781
Re: offset knees
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2025, 09:50:29 PM »
If your an expert and see a yearling video that has offset knees, please post it.

I'm not a buyer, just curious what one would look for.

tia

I am not sure you can rely on a video for this. Need to see the horse, IMO.

Grandstand Handicapper

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2777
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
Re: offset knees
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2025, 09:57:48 PM »
Here's a good starting point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u56dm9hRyzI

SDST2009

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 781
Re: offset knees
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2025, 10:13:25 PM »
Here's a good starting point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u56dm9hRyzI

 tmbz1

Excellent depiction.

I will maintain though that you really need to see the individual to evaluate and cannot rely on yearling sale videos to diagnose it. Because, as your video points out..you can trim/shoe to hide it.

Yearling videos are funny. You will see one who travels perfectly straight but stands off, just like you can see one who stands straight but travels like he's rowing backwards.

Grandstand Handicapper

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2777
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
Re: offset knees
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2025, 12:46:13 PM »
Like I said, it's just a starting point. Looking at the specific horse in question is mandatory. Period.

A video is not a substitute for physical inspection. It's an adjunct. It's supplement to the physical inspection. I am not a yearling buyer for the most part. But it's like buying a new car. You are playing in their sandbox. Their rules. Their edge. LOL.

Lance

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1124
Re: offset knees
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2025, 02:29:47 PM »
As a yearling, its such a crapshoot, they can really go either way.   On another note..my knees are a bit sore and chafed...almost skinned to the bone. What ther best thing to use.

Yonkers1A

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2426
Re: offset knees
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2025, 02:43:50 PM »
As a yearling, its such a crapshoot, they can really go either way.   On another note..my knees are a bit sore and chafed...almost skinned to the bone. What ther best thing to use.

Lots of oil, however you should use knee pads

Grandstand Handicapper

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2777
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
Re: offset knees
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2025, 11:28:08 AM »
Commercial breeders today are so much "slicker" than the old days. Corrective shoeing is the norm, surgery is far more common, and whatever else they are doing with feed, technology, and yes, veterinary. Tell me about the breed all you want, but that is not the only thing going on. Not by a longshot. Not all farms are guilty, but some are.

Kirby's Ace

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4755
Re: offset knees
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2025, 08:26:47 PM »
As a yearling, its such a crapshoot, they can really go either way.   On another note..my knees are a bit sore and chafed...almost skinned to the bone. What ther best thing to use.

Have you tried a pillow?
 73cv.2
9/09/26 A day of celebration!

Meadow Ford

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1064
Re: offset knees
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2025, 10:19:47 PM »
Decades ago I was buying yearlings.
At each end of the Sportsman's Park paddock there were benches  where you could sit and watch horses walking the length of the paddock. I would sit there and see if I could learn something about how good horses walked and what to look for in confirmation.
I soon learned that even on Saturday night you could find every fault and every confirmation flaw in the book.
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

SDST2009

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 781
Re: offset knees
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2025, 10:55:03 PM »
Decades ago I was buying yearlings.
At each end of the Sportsman's Park paddock there were benches  where you could sit and watch horses walking the length of the paddock. I would sit there and see if I could learn something about how good horses walked and what to look for in confirmation.
I soon learned that even on Saturday night you could find every fault and every confirmation flaw in the book.

BINGO tmbz1

Of course it's better to start with good confo, but it sure ain't a prerequisite for good performance.

Oliver Clozoff

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 322
Re: offset knees
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2025, 04:33:12 PM »
My last girlfriend had offset knees, didn't affect her performance.

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • wiggles44: Hi again Mike :)
    Today at 02:30:15 PM
  • Trigger: Taint tapped out  ;D
    Today at 02:04:07 PM
  • Trigger: If I was to go under as a Misfit how retarded and boring do you have to get, pretty muh a lot  ngc3 almost impossible to pull that off and repeat the same shit for months  ngc3
    Today at 01:52:27 PM
  • JT: Looks that way  :P
    Today at 01:31:05 PM
  • wiggles44: Too many :)
    Today at 01:28:19 PM
  • JT: Looks like a long day for ya here wiggles..going on 6 hours now..lots of screenshots to check I suppose  :P
    Today at 01:22:31 PM
  • wiggles44: Are you allowed near women Mike?   :)
    Today at 01:16:36 PM
  • dougie: Andrew? LOL!
    Today at 01:05:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal