Author Topic: Late money at Northfield  (Read 2276 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

arniesarmy

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1052
Late money at Northfield
« on: June 09, 2025, 08:46:44 PM »
I bet an offshore sports book. When you pick a track to bet, a small screen pops up of the track you're betting. It's 3-4 minutes behind the live feed. Bet Northfield R7. Grismore is on the 5 horse Morning Line 12-1. I like the 4 who was 5-1 ML. I bet $3 exacta key A/4 and 4/A. The 5 snaps the 4 at the wire. I go back to the book and a few horses are on the car which is moving and rest of the horses are closing in. Probably 10-15 seconds before they're off. The 5-4 exacta was $72. I figured it might go up since the 5 was 12-1 ML...6-1 going off. Exacta pays $45. From 72 to 45 in the final click.

bumby

  • 4 claimer
  • **
  • Posts: 97
Re: Late money at Northfield
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2025, 08:57:46 PM »
It's bad. It's the CAW.  You can't beat it.

Papillon

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2609
Re: Late money at Northfield
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2025, 09:08:03 PM »
I bet an offshore sports book. When you pick a track to bet, a small screen pops up of the track you're betting. It's 3-4 minutes behind the live feed. Bet Northfield R7. Grismore is on the 5 horse Morning Line 12-1. I like the 4 who was 5-1 ML. I bet $3 exacta key A/4 and 4/A. The 5 snaps the 4 at the wire. I go back to the book and a few horses are on the car which is moving and rest of the horses are closing in. Probably 10-15 seconds before they're off. The 5-4 exacta was $72. I figured it might go up since the 5 was 12-1 ML...6-1 going off. Exacta pays $45. From 72 to 45 in the final click.

when bets come in way after the race starts--this will happen

a few here still think everything is legit and all bets are made before the gate leaves-but those people are just embarrassing themselves

Checked Up

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 733
Re: Late money at Northfield
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2025, 09:23:28 PM »
The days of being able to turn your last $30 into a quick couple hundred are probably gone for good without solid inside info anymore. IMO

JT

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3588
Re: Late money at Northfield
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2025, 09:46:22 PM »
Alot of it, most of it in fact is the caw's. I do think a little of it is modern technology. I do all my betting on my phone, even when I'm at the track. If I see a horse breaking before the start or half a mile behind the gate, I just cancel my bet before the race starts. Back in the day you were pretty much screwed and could toss your ticket immediately. Or if it looks going to the start that a horse is leaving you can fire a bet in that you normally would not have made. But like my first sentence read the vast majority of it is caw's

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • darnoldrocks: JUST LOOKING FOR ADMIN!!  ADMIN needs to take some responsibility for the good of the site.  No one should wish death or sexual assault on anyone's family.    No need for that. Two guys shouldn't go back and forth, saying nothing new, ruining topics. No one should have more than one ID and account.  That shouldn't be too much to expect or administer. Pretty bare basics.
    Today at 09:22:00 AM
  • wiggles44: Calm down Mike.  :)
    Today at 08:28:06 AM
  • Sweet: Chihuahua Cock is a guest here, he and his family must be some superstar entiled piles of woffing shit, cowards to pull a stunt here they'd never do there  64za.c s
    Today at 08:14:23 AM
  • andrew: stfu canuk  96z.p
    Today at 08:08:03 AM
  • gogasgoboom: darnold, the forum doesn't belong to you to change
    Today at 07:59:13 AM
  • darnoldrocks: JUST LOOKING FOR ADMIN!!  ADMIN needs to take some responsibility for the good of the site.  No one should wish death or sexual assault on anyone's family.    No need for that. Two guys shouldn't go back and forth, saying nothing new, ruining topics. No one should have more than one ID and account.  That shouldn't be too much to expect or administer. Pretty bare basics.
    Today at 01:51:26 AM
  • LUCPARK: Too easy to aggravate
    September 28, 2026, 10:25:13 PM
  • darnoldrocks: Dingus, I heard he may be PLOP Admin !!
    September 28, 2026, 10:12:53 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal