Author Topic: An interesting perspective on the Preakness  (Read 3281 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

dougie

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2603
An interesting perspective on the Preakness
« on: May 23, 2025, 05:00:24 PM »
There's a pretty interesting article on "Horse Racing Nation" concerning the inquiry for the Preakness. Bernie Hettel, a retired steward of over 40 years in Kentucky stated " I think I would have disqualified Journalism". He makes a good case for his opinion. If you get a chance, give it a read.

sledge hammer

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1712
Re: An interesting perspective on the Preakness
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2025, 05:16:32 PM »
The fact that they took the inquiry down so quickly and no mention was made of it on the broadcasts was really bizarre. There would have been more information relayed to the public in a $5K claimer at Mountaineer.

talkstohisself

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 478
Re: An interesting perspective on the Preakness
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2025, 05:52:10 PM »
that fast look was not a good look .  but at the end of the day the best horse won I bet the nine but that's racing I think both riders lost their cool  I am sure some words were exchanged in the jocks room. There's so much pressure to win and
with social media everyone wants to voice an opinion.  They race before,  Next was eased  and nothing was mentioned. The Ortiz brothers got away with rough ridding for a while until the officials started to get after them   This is a lot of hype for the Saratoga meet

Kirby's Ace

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4754
Re: An interesting perspective on the Preakness
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2025, 07:48:29 PM »
Somebody upstairs just got their envelope this week!

No way you can make that official without at least looking at it closely!
9/09/26 A day of celebration!

Weirwolf

  • 4 claimer
  • **
  • Posts: 65
Re: An interesting perspective on the Preakness
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2025, 08:07:18 AM »
The fact that they took the inquiry down so quickly and no mention was made of it on the broadcasts was really bizarre. There would have been more information relayed to the public in a $5K claimer at Mountaineer.

I agree

Papillon

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2609
Re: An interesting perspective on the Preakness
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2025, 09:01:02 AM »
The "inquiry" was for #1 causing a chain reaction, and I agree they should have taken a longer look

in no way was there any possibility that the winner was in question

they could have placed #1 behind #8--but in my opinion NBC told Pimlico not to drag this out-so they made it official quickly

Journalism was never ever thought of being to blame

the article is clickbait



JT

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3656
Re: An interesting perspective on the Preakness
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2025, 09:19:42 AM »
The "inquiry" was for #1 causing a chain reaction, and I agree they should have taken a longer look

in no way was there any possibility that the winner was in question

they could have placed #1 behind #8--but in my opinion NBC told Pimlico not to drag this out-so they made it official quickly

Journalism was never ever thought of being to blame

the article is clickbait
Right after the race ended I told my wife that Baffert's horse #1 will be sent down behind the 8. I still can't believe that didn't happen. From a parimutal perspective it only affected the super. After the Maximum Security debacle in the Derby, the powers that be don't want any controversy in the races with a lot of eyeballs watching, bad look for a novice watcher altering the finishing order.

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • G: Mike I mean trigger you should be ashamed of yourself
    Today at 10:20:16 AM
  • G: Why would you make fun of somebody like that but then again I'd expect nothing less from you
    Today at 10:19:58 AM
  • Trigger: Fuckface dummy G, you're spamming the board again...go shake your rattle in your fake ugly wife and kids face you imbecile  ngc3  DM we if you would like to schedule a lunch meeting  ngc3
    Today at 10:18:09 AM
  • G: Sweet: Ant would wish your daughters raped by a bunch of niggers then set on fire...I miss him so much!   ngc3  Sweet: Where's MikeAnt when you need him  ngc3  shout out  Sound off ! Sweet: Ant would wish your daughters raped by a bunch of niggers then set on fire...I miss him so much!  ngc3 Today at 10:01:24 AM Sweet: Where's MikeAnt when you need him  ngc3 Today at 09:59:54 AM
    Today at 09:47:15 AM
  • Trigger: At Plop U. my alma mater, the motto is - Flush Your Life Away...II feel I've successfully lived up to it as well as keep up with my student loan interest payments to Rocky directly..shere does that $$$$ go  ngc3
    Today at 08:37:45 AM
  • JL52: JL52
    Today at 08:21:00 AM
  • Trigger: When Plop Admin kills a nigga he stays dead...in Tennessee, Krista Pike was give a lethal injection, then another, which didn't get here dead but snore loudly.  Talk about incompetant cunts...in other news there our beloved Dolly Parton remains deceased.  Guess if you wanna kill someone righy there ask an old woman  ngc3
    Today at 08:01:28 AM
  • wiggles44: Get some rest Mike.  Busy day doing nothing today.   :)
    Today at 07:42:38 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal