Author Topic: Too Many Tracks  (Read 4333 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bitter Truth

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2620
Too Many Tracks
« on: May 18, 2025, 09:54:54 AM »
Here it is Sunday. Rosecroft + Saratoga Noon  Harrah's Philly 12:40 Tioga 1:00
Shenandoah [I guess they count] 1:05  Then you have three tracks: Nfld, Pocono+
Running Acres all at 6:00. Not enough interest or betting dollars to go around.

Grandstand Handicapper

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2777
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
Re: Too Many Tracks
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2025, 10:01:27 AM »
Very good point. Generally (and I don't like generalities, LOL), I agree. I think part of the long-term picture is less tracks and less races. Like they say, and I am not sure who "they" are, LOL, it will get worse before it gets better.

sidetracker

  • NW-1
  • *
  • Posts: 27
Re: Too Many Tracks
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2025, 11:29:19 AM »
I used to be able to concentrate on five tracks at one time. Now, two is a reach.

JL52

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 444
Re: Too Many Tracks
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2025, 11:43:55 AM »
Can’t imagine why Rosecroft would card a Sunday afternoon program, when there is less competition Sunday night from both flat and harness tracks.

sledge hammer

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1712
Re: Too Many Tracks
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2025, 01:03:24 PM »
Northfield will likely handle more money tonight than every other track combined.

Liberty Bell

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
Re: Too Many Tracks
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2025, 01:07:51 PM »
Northfield, the birthplace of the drag.

Stan durbread

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2274
Re: Too Many Tracks
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2025, 02:44:07 PM »
Northfield, the birthplace of the drag.

No that was Gulfstream that invented drag

Papillon

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2609
Re: Too Many Tracks
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2025, 02:50:42 PM »
Here it is Sunday. Rosecroft + Saratoga Noon  Harrah's Philly 12:40 Tioga 1:00
Shenandoah [I guess they count] 1:05  Then you have three tracks: Nfld, Pocono+
Running Acres all at 6:00. Not enough interest or betting dollars to go around.

as we have witnessed over time--betting dollars mean less and less

as long as these tracks are subsidized, gaming or state handouts, then the fields will get smaller and maybe a few less dates and this will continue

yes too many tracks for sure

why is Rosecroft running in the afternoon? to get some Preakness sleepover handle?

Harness Stats

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1262
Re: Too Many Tracks
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2025, 03:20:23 PM »
I guess that you don't count Flamboro and their biggest card of the season tonight.  The 263,000 CHARLES JURAVINSKI MEM. CUP Final formerly known as the Confederation Cup for 3 year olds and the girls division too.

Bitter Truth

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2620
Re: Too Many Tracks
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2025, 04:08:34 PM »
Nice call. Was looking at the USTA lineup when I posted that, As for that race. It's OK
I guess. Not as good as the purse would lead you to believe.Certainly not like Confederation
Cup when the 3yr olds went two heats.

kantseeback

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4447
  • TDS HAS INFESTED THIS PLACE LIKE A ROACH NEST
Re: Too Many Tracks
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2025, 06:36:34 PM »
Northfield, the birthplace of the drag.

I once grew a beard between races there.

Bitter Truth

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2620
Re: Too Many Tracks
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2025, 11:31:13 AM »
That Juravinski race was as anticipated, a snooze fest. Though the time [1:50.2] was certainly
respectable, the two faves leave and sit one-two the whole mile. A longshot pulled just past the
1/4 and never got up to the horse in the pocket, clogging any outer flow. Pocket horse pulls at
his leisure and gets by. zzzzzzzzzzzz

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • G: Mike I mean trigger you should be ashamed of yourself
    Today at 10:20:16 AM
  • G: Why would you make fun of somebody like that but then again I'd expect nothing less from you
    Today at 10:19:58 AM
  • Trigger: Fuckface dummy G, you're spamming the board again...go shake your rattle in your fake ugly wife and kids face you imbecile  ngc3  DM we if you would like to schedule a lunch meeting  ngc3
    Today at 10:18:09 AM
  • G: Sweet: Ant would wish your daughters raped by a bunch of niggers then set on fire...I miss him so much!   ngc3  Sweet: Where's MikeAnt when you need him  ngc3  shout out  Sound off ! Sweet: Ant would wish your daughters raped by a bunch of niggers then set on fire...I miss him so much!  ngc3 Today at 10:01:24 AM Sweet: Where's MikeAnt when you need him  ngc3 Today at 09:59:54 AM
    Today at 09:47:15 AM
  • Trigger: At Plop U. my alma mater, the motto is - Flush Your Life Away...II feel I've successfully lived up to it as well as keep up with my student loan interest payments to Rocky directly..shere does that $$$$ go  ngc3
    Today at 08:37:45 AM
  • JL52: JL52
    Today at 08:21:00 AM
  • Trigger: When Plop Admin kills a nigga he stays dead...in Tennessee, Krista Pike was give a lethal injection, then another, which didn't get here dead but snore loudly.  Talk about incompetant cunts...in other news there our beloved Dolly Parton remains deceased.  Guess if you wanna kill someone righy there ask an old woman  ngc3
    Today at 08:01:28 AM
  • wiggles44: Get some rest Mike.  Busy day doing nothing today.   :)
    Today at 07:42:38 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal