Author Topic: Preakness Thread  (Read 11932 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JT

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3656
Re: Preakness Thread
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2025, 12:28:21 PM »
Well my single got through. . My 1st pick 5 would have been live had 11 held on over the 43-1 shot in race 2. The 2nd pick 5  I was trying to beat Baffert in race 3 with the all button. It has a shot, but won't pay much.

Grandstand Handicapper

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2777
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
Re: Preakness Thread
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2025, 12:30:44 PM »
I haven't looked at the race yet, but I can't help but look to beat the favorite, LOL. And, sentimentally, I can't help but root for D. Wayne at some point. LOL. His horse got mugged twice in the Derby. LOL. Wheeled back in two weeks for the Derby horses is always an X-factor. I guess like The Chief always said, that's why they run the races. LOL. Good luck to everyone!


Papillon

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2609
Re: Preakness Thread
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2025, 12:32:15 PM »
Race 4 was over out of the gate when Saffies #5 brroke down out of the gate leaving the #8 with the easy lead for a 67 result

Irad just said the assistant starter was holding his horse(#5)-should have been a scratch....but it is Preakness Day and Pimlico doesn't want to lose any handle

Papillon

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2609
Re: Preakness Thread
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2025, 12:33:40 PM »
I haven't looked at the race yet, but I can't help but look to beat the favorite, LOL. And, sentimentally, I can't help but root for D. Wayne at some point. LOL. His horse got mugged twice in the Derby. LOL. Wheeled back in two weeks for the Derby horses is always an X-factor. I guess like The Chief always said, that's why they run the races. LOL. Good luck to everyone!

Allen Jerkens was brilliant and will be always be legendary tmbz1

bello

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 5030
Re: Preakness Thread
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2025, 12:49:27 PM »
Irad just said the assistant starter was holding his horse(#5)-should have been a scratch....but it is Preakness Day and Pimlico doesn't want to lose any handle

That is brutal

Race 5  #3 looks best  #11  Euro unknown taking a ton of money  3 win box 3-11

JT

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3656
Re: Preakness Thread
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2025, 01:26:18 PM »
I know the pools are big, but with a 43-1 in race 2 and a 55-1 in race 5, I'm surprised the first pick 5 didn't pay more than 24 grand.

Papillon

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2609
Re: Preakness Thread
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2025, 01:41:47 PM »
I know the pools are big, but with a 43-1 in race 2 and a 55-1 in race 5, I'm surprised the first pick 5 didn't pay more than 24 grand.

the other winners paid $3.80, $3.60 and $3.80

CAWs can see all the combinations played before they send in their bets, so any unusual overlays/anomalies they will have corrected

Kirby's Ace

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4754
Re: Preakness Thread
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2025, 06:45:46 PM »
1 2 6
9/09/26 A day of celebration!

JT

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3656
Re: Preakness Thread
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2025, 07:32:39 PM »
I've been going back and forth in my handicapping and thnk I finally landed on #9 Gosger. He has good tactical speed and could lay 4th or 5th while the speed leaves quickly. There's little doubt that the #1 Goal Oriented and #8 Clever Again will be out on the front early. I also think #3 American Promise will also be in the early mix. If Gosger can get the jump on a closing #2 Journalism, it might be a cold 9-2 exacta. Good luck to everyone today!!!!!
Great Call Dougie, I hope you boxed that exacta. What a race by Journalism.. rough start and at the top of the stretch, but he found another gear once he got clear.

darnoldrocks

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1537
Re: Preakness Thread
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2025, 07:59:55 PM »
That is one of the most remarkable stretch runs ever.
Journalism gets mugged by Goal Oriented on his outside.  Loses 8 lengths in the process, but barrels through the contact and regains momentum to catch the leader.
Remarkable.
Feel sorry for Clever Again that almost got bumped into the rail on the inside of Journalism and the jockey chooses to shut him down.

JT

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3656
Re: Preakness Thread
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2025, 08:12:32 PM »
That is one of the most remarkable stretch runs ever.
Journalism gets mugged by Goal Oriented on his outside.  Loses 8 lengths in the process, but barrels through the contact and regains momentum to catch the leader.
Remarkable.
Feel sorry for Clever Again that almost got bumped into the rail on the inside of Journalism and the jockey chooses to shut him down.
Clever Again was cooked anyway but I can't believe they didn't set Goal Oriented down

talkstohisself

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 478
Re: Preakness Thread
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2025, 08:31:02 PM »
i also went heavy with nine to get run down like that was brutal but that's racing. with a clean trip journalism most likely wins by open lengths, Does any think Pratt was putting the squeeze on Rispoli?

Kirby's Ace

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4754
Re: Preakness Thread
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2025, 08:42:34 PM »
I think the 2 would have been disqualified if the 8 wasn't stopping. I know the 1 started it but either way the 2 did pinch the 8 to take up. 1 should of came down because he started the interference with the 2 causing the 2 to take out the 8. 1 should have been placed behind the 8 and not left up for 4th. jmo
9/09/26 A day of celebration!

Papillon

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2609
Re: Preakness Thread
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2025, 08:57:23 PM »
Clever Again was cooked anyway but I can't believe they didn't set Goal Oriented down

many times when interfered with cooked horse they say " it didn't cost him a placing"--a statement which I think is asinine

I assume that's how the judges treated this one-but I think they should have DQd the #1 myself

Papillon

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2609
Re: Preakness Thread
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2025, 08:59:17 PM »
I think the 2 would have been disqualified if the 8 wasn't stopping. I know the 1 started it but either way the 2 did pinch the 8 to take up. 1 should of came down because he started the interference with the 2 causing the 2 to take out the 8. 1 should have been placed behind the 8 and not left up for 4th. jmo

that's not how tbreds are handled in a DQ

they would never punish a horse for something that wasn't his fault
« Last Edit: May 17, 2025, 09:02:05 PM by Papillon »

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • G: Mike I mean trigger you should be ashamed of yourself
    Today at 10:20:16 AM
  • G: Why would you make fun of somebody like that but then again I'd expect nothing less from you
    Today at 10:19:58 AM
  • Trigger: Fuckface dummy G, you're spamming the board again...go shake your rattle in your fake ugly wife and kids face you imbecile  ngc3  DM we if you would like to schedule a lunch meeting  ngc3
    Today at 10:18:09 AM
  • G: Sweet: Ant would wish your daughters raped by a bunch of niggers then set on fire...I miss him so much!   ngc3  Sweet: Where's MikeAnt when you need him  ngc3  shout out  Sound off ! Sweet: Ant would wish your daughters raped by a bunch of niggers then set on fire...I miss him so much!  ngc3 Today at 10:01:24 AM Sweet: Where's MikeAnt when you need him  ngc3 Today at 09:59:54 AM
    Today at 09:47:15 AM
  • Trigger: At Plop U. my alma mater, the motto is - Flush Your Life Away...II feel I've successfully lived up to it as well as keep up with my student loan interest payments to Rocky directly..shere does that $$$$ go  ngc3
    Today at 08:37:45 AM
  • JL52: JL52
    Today at 08:21:00 AM
  • Trigger: When Plop Admin kills a nigga he stays dead...in Tennessee, Krista Pike was give a lethal injection, then another, which didn't get here dead but snore loudly.  Talk about incompetant cunts...in other news there our beloved Dolly Parton remains deceased.  Guess if you wanna kill someone righy there ask an old woman  ngc3
    Today at 08:01:28 AM
  • wiggles44: Get some rest Mike.  Busy day doing nothing today.   :)
    Today at 07:42:38 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal